Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Players Considering UK!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If we get Hopson..Talk about being strong at the SF position, lol!
what are the chances of hopson coming? i seen where uk was only a medium interest to him and miss state was his high interest...
OMG Wrote:what are the chances of hopson coming? i seen where uk was only a medium interest to him and miss state was his high interest...
You probably checked rivals.com which does not update their interest levels as often as ESPN does. The reason MSU is still high interest is from the verbal he gave last December. I mean rivals doesn't even list Kentucky in Hopson's top 5 list, while ESPN has Kentucky in his top four...
I hope we get Hopson...Talkin bout a tough SF... He would make a great addition to the Uk team.
fballfan07 Wrote:You probably checked rivals.com which does not update their interest levels as often as ESPN does. The reason MSU is still high interest is from the verbal he gave last December. I mean rivals doesn't even list Kentucky in Hopson's top 5 list, while ESPN has Kentucky in his top four...

oh well i thought they were up to date
You would think UK would be looking more into him. And you could also think he would def choose UK if they looked into him.
Has anyone heard anything about Bryan Station guard Shelvin Mack?
RavenBoy Wrote:Has anyone heard anything about Bryan Station guard Shelvin Mack?
He is going to Butler.
Someone I wanna know about is Bud Mackey...I have heard from several sources that UK and himself are interested in one another...Personally I think this is a horrible idea for our recruiting and hopefully its just a rumor. Has anyone heard anything?

FYI...Mackey had originally signed a LOI to play @Indiana before being convicted on drug trafficking where then Indiana rescinded his scholly....
fballfan07 Wrote:Someone I wanna know about is Bud Mackey...I have heard from several sources that UK and himself are interested in one another...Personally I think this is a horrible idea for our recruiting and hopefully its just a rumor. Has anyone heard anything?

FYI...Mackey had originally signed a LOI to play @Indiana before being convicted on drug trafficking where then Indiana rescinded his scholly....
I would have to say its true because I have heard this so many times from so many different sources.
RavenBoy Wrote:I would have to say its true because I have heard this so many times from so many different sources.
Yeah me too....which makes me a little concerned...
fballfan07 Wrote:Yeah me too....which makes me a little concerned...
On ESPN Radio they said he was back in court today for some reason.
fballfan07 Wrote:Someone I wanna know about is Bud Mackey...I have heard from several sources that UK and himself are interested in one another...Personally I think this is a horrible idea for our recruiting and hopefully its just a rumor. Has anyone heard anything?

I heard that UK was thinking about offerring him a preferred walk-on spot. I dont think they are gonna use a scholarship on him. Just a rumor so take it for what its worth.
Confirmed UK visitors, according to Jody Demling from the http://www.Courier-Journal.com

I have confirmed a number of the recruits that were in Rupp Arena today watching the Kentucky-Florida game on Senior Day!

In-state players Clark Stepp of June Buchanan and Warren Central sensational freshman Jordan Shanklin were there for sure.

Also there was Texas sophomore and UK commitment K.C. Ross-Miller and former Oregon State recruit Chris Turner, who played his senior season in Texas.

Former Ballard standout Twany Beckham was also in attendance, along with Illinois senior guard and UK target Verdell Jones III.

UPDATE (Sunday evening): I have also been able to confirm three other in-state stars in attendance, including UK signee Darius Miller of Mason County. The others were Clark County freshman Robbie Stenzel and Hopkins County Central junior Chuck Jones. I have had a number of emails regarding the rumor that Scotty Hopson was there. I can't 100 percent deny it but I'm 99 percent sure the University Heights star was not in Lexington!

The other prep prospect I couldn't confirm on Saturday but have since confirmed that he was there is 6-foot-10 junior Daniel Miller of Loganville (Ga.) Christian Academy. Miller averaged 28.8 points, 12.3 rebounds, 6.9 blocked shots and 4.4 assists as a junior.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dem...QSuk3Gc%3D
RavenBoy Wrote:Confirmed UK visitors, according to Jody Demling from the http://www.Courier-Journal.com

I have confirmed a number of the recruits that were in Rupp Arena today watching the Kentucky-Florida game on Senior Day!

In-state players Clark Stepp of June Buchanan and Warren Central sensational freshman Jordan Shanklin were there for sure.

Also there was Texas sophomore and UK commitment K.C. Ross-Miller and former Oregon State recruit Chris Turner, who played his senior season in Texas.

Former Ballard standout Twany Beckham was also in attendance, along with Illinois senior guard and UK target Verdell Jones III.

UPDATE (Sunday evening): I have also been able to confirm three other in-state stars in attendance, including UK signee Darius Miller of Mason County. The others were Clark County freshman Robbie Stenzel and Hopkins County Central junior Chuck Jones. I have had a number of emails regarding the rumor that Scotty Hopson was there. I can't 100 percent deny it but I'm 99 percent sure the University Heights star was not in Lexington!

The other prep prospect I couldn't confirm on Saturday but have since confirmed that he was there is 6-foot-10 junior Daniel Miller of Loganville (Ga.) Christian Academy. Miller averaged 28.8 points, 12.3 rebounds, 6.9 blocked shots and 4.4 assists as a junior.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dem...QSuk3Gc%3D
Ok, does anyone have any news on Hopson? Rivals.com has now put UAB as one of his top schools, what in the world is Mike Davis doing down there??? Anyway, I haven't found any info on Daniel Miller, but we def. need a quality big guy with Patterson.

But we really need in-state, McDonald's All-American, Scotty Hopson!!!!!
fballfan07 Wrote:Ok, does anyone have any news on Hopson? Rivals.com has now put UAB as one of his top schools, what in the world is Mike Davis doing down there??? Anyway, I haven't found any info on Daniel Miller, but we def. need a quality big guy with Patterson.

But we really need in-state, McDonald's All-American, Scotty Hopson!!!!!
I havent heard anything about Hopson lately.
I really don't know if we will push getting Mack. I think Hopson is a different story. After the season is over for UK and for Hopson I think that both sides will be seeing alot of each other.
So what is the deal with Liggins.
RavenBoy Wrote:So what is the deal with Liggins.

I think he's still getting his grades up to qualify for us. The last I heard he was.
With the resignation Tuesday of Western Illinois coach Derek Thomas, many Kentucky fans want to know what the situation is with Southwestern Illinois College center Josh Harrellson. Things could be heating up between the Cats and the talented big man.

Josh Harrelson 6-foot-9 270 C Southwestern CC (Ill.) - This physical big man has a great set of hands, finishes in traffic and can knock down pop out jumper. This eligible freshman, is waiting on a release but has had Wisconsin, Kentucky, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana and Purdue in the stands taking a look this winter.
Flemings lists UK No. 1 with visit pending, He is a 6'6 Small Foward.

Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie may not be finished when it comes to adding some immediate help to next year's roster out of the junior college ranks. Read the latest on Texas standout Roderick Flemings in this CatsPause.com update.
If we can get Hopson, I will say that we are a final four contender next year.
What is it with all you and Scotty Hopson. Have you guys even seen him play or do you just think he that good cause he's a McDonalds All-American. Darius Miller put 41 points up on him earlier this year. Just because you are a McDonalds All-American it doesn't mean you are the best, half of em turn out to be busts in college. I would much rather have the 6-6 SF from Lex Cath at UK than Hopson.
I believe that Darius Miller is the better player based on what I have seen, When Mason County played him Darius lit him up, but I do still want him because he has to be ranked No. 8 for a reason.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:If we can get Hopson, I will say that we are a final four contender next year.

WOW, can't believe I'm readin this.
Redneck Wrote:WOW, can't believe I'm readin this.

What is your take Mr. REDNECK, are you wanting UK to give Slone the scholly instead? I am not a Scotty Hopson homer (far from it to tell you the truth) , I just think he would be a much needed piece to the puzzle. Oh and by the way choose your words carefully because I am sure many others believe the same thing.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:What is your take Mr. REDNECK, are you wanting UK to give Slone the scholly instead? I am not a Scotty Hopson homer (far from it to tell you the truth) , I just think he would be a much needed piece to the puzzle. Oh and by the way choose your words carefully because I am sure many others believe the same thing.

I would love to see Landon in a UK uni, but personally I don't think it will happen. Do I WANT UK to give him a scholly, NO, I would rather see Landon go somewhere that he can be an immediate impact. I could argue this all day, Edmonson is the best player at UHA, not Hopson. "Choose your words carefully," Smile , that's funny. There might be some on here that agree with you but anybody who has seen them play a few times, instead of goin on that he is a "McDonalds All-American", they will tell you that they would rather have Edmonson. Edmonson can DO IT ALL. Hopson is lazy, don't play defense unless he can block a shot, can't shoot outside, can't handle the ball well enough to play gaurd, aint big enough or strong enough to play down low. What else do you need to hear.
Redneck Wrote:I would love to see Landon in a UK uni, but personally I don't think it will happen. Do I WANT UK to give him a scholly, NO, I would rather see Landon go somewhere that he can be an immediate impact. I could argue this all day, Edmonson is the best player at UHA, not Hopson. "Choose your words carefully," Smile , that's funny. There might be some on here that agree with you but anybody who has seen them play a few times, instead of goin on that he is a "McDonalds All-American", they will tell you that they would rather have Edmonson. Edmonson can DO IT ALL. Hopson is lazy, don't play defense unless he can block a shot, can't shoot outside, can't handle the ball well enough to play gaurd, aint big enough or strong enough to play down low. What else do you need to hear.

Okay!! Listen, I think that if it comes down to it, UK needs the best shooter to fill in for Crawford. DO YOU AGREE? Okay, now if Hopson is not 'considered' to be the best player to fill this spot. then will you agree on Flemings instead. Here are his stats.
21ppg
12 rebs
3 assists
3 steals
1.5 blocks

Now, if it came down to it and CBC had to pick between Hopson, Edmonson, or Flemings who would you pick? Either one will be an excellent boost to the team next year thus leading me to say that with a healthy lineup, we could be a final four contender. I never wanted to argue about Hopson's work ethic or if his teammate is better than him. However, I do know one thing, if CBC is not going after the Edmonson kid then he obviously sees something that is not right with his system. If he thinks the risk with Hopson is worth it then I trust him.

Listen man. No bad blood just want to have a good conversation about the team's potenial for next year.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Okay!! Listen, I think that if it comes down to it, UK needs the best shooter to fill in for Crawford. DO YOU AGREE? Okay, now if Hopson is not 'considered' to be the best player to fill this spot. then will you agree on Flemings instead. Here are his stats.
21ppg
12 rebs
3 assists
3 steals
1.5 blocks

Now, if it came down to it and CBC had to pick between Hopson, Edmonson, or Flemings who would you pick? Either one will be an excellent boost to the team next year thus leading me to say that with a healthy lineup, we could be a final four contender. I never wanted to argue about Hopson's work ethic or if his teammate is better than him. However, I do know one thing, if CBC is not going after the Edmonson kid then he obviously sees something that is not right with his system. If he thinks the risk with Hopson is worth it then I trust him.

Listen man. No bad blood just want to have a good conversation about the team's potenial for next year.

Who is Flemings? Who is CBC?

UK will need someone who can shoot in place of Crawford. A healthy Meeks takes over that role BUT what if he's not hittin or gets hurt again, they will need someone else. I know Billy G was at the All "A" championship to watch Edmonson and Hopson. Edmonson's play this year has really opened alot of eyes, just think if he woulda played summer ball.

No bad blood at all man, just good, sometimes heated, conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3