Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mountain Cheer Classic at Pikeville HS, 3-1-08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just wondering what schools are going. I know it's only for elementary - junior high. I've never been, and my all-stars are competing, so I was wondering if it usually has a pretty good turn-out, etc.
Yeah. last few times I've been its been pretty packed
If anyone can help me I am trying to find out about the times...Is there a certain time each group starts or how does it work..I have two different things going on that day and am trying to work things out to make it to both..Any times would be great or order does it go elem. then jr high or what??? Thanks so much!!
The competition starts at 10:00 a.m. Last year they began with Division 1
(pee-wee squads), then Division 2 (Elementary), then division 3 ( Jr. Hi). I'd say the schedule will depend on how many register in each division. Last year, it was over in the early afternoon. That's all from my memory of last year!
I have no idea if each group has a specific time, but I know that registration is at 9 and it starts at 10. I'm glad it gets packed!!! At least I hope that's a good thing for my girls....lol. They've done it before, they should be fine.
Right now I know that 16 squads have registered. You will need to contact Mrs. Wheeler at the school about times. They usually get a schedule together and send it to the squads that have registered.
Last year people had to park at Community Trust.
That's awesome! I don't think all our teams hae sent in their stuff yet. So that means probably two more in the mix of things. I'm excited!!!
Today was excellent. A little long, but nonetheless, all my girls and their parents had a great time and we DEFINITELY will be going back next year!

I HAVE to take this opportunity to brag (haha) about my teams....the Mega Cheer All-Stars! Especially the junior high squad; today was one of their best performances. All of the teams looked awesome and they make me so proud! If you all could see how far they have come since June you would be just as proud, if not prouder than I am (but I don't think that's possible)! They truly are a blessing to me!

Did any of you guys get to attend?
Big congrats! Sadly I didn't get to go. Had to be out of town at last minute.
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:Today was excellent. A little long, but nonetheless, all my girls and their parents had a great time and we DEFINITELY will be going back next year!

I HAVE to take this opportunity to brag (haha) about my teams....the Mega Cheer All-Stars! Especially the junior high squad; today was one of their best performances. All of the teams looked awesome and they make me so proud! If you all could see how far they have come since June you would be just as proud, if not prouder than I am (but I don't think that's possible)! They truly are a blessing to me!

My daughter timed.
My wife was supposed to judge, but backed out after she found out that my niece was cheering elem. and a high school squad entered and she didn't want any hard feelings from anyone(even though she would never do anything that would harm cheer in any way.
Any results?
I have to agree it was a great !!! Paintsville Elem squad won 1st place in cheer and 1st place in pom...They have worked sooooooooo hard and I was very impressed!!

Way to go girls!!!! You made Paintsville proud!!
:Cheerlead
I know that Phelps dance received 1st in all of their divisions and were named grand champions!
Congrats Phelps!
There were SO many awards given out yesterday that it would be almost impossible to remember them all. I thought it was great that they gave each squad an award for their strengths. I know it really boosted the confidence of my all-stars!

All-Star Awards:
PeeWee 1st place: Mega Cheer PeeWees
Elementary 1st place: Mega Cheer Youth 2nd Place: All-Star Elite
Jr. High 1st place: Mega Cheer Juniors
Grand Champion: Mega Cheer Juniors

Jr. High 2-1/2 minute:
1st place: Johnson Central (AMAZING) 2nd place: McKell Middle

Elementary 2-1/2 minute:
1st place: Southside Elementary 2nd place: Matewan Elementary
3rd place: Summit Elementary (I think, I know they were there somewhere)

That's about all I can remember. Traditional was split up to a cheer winner and pom routine winner, and I know Paintsville Elementary and Junior High both won their divisions in the pom routine. Mullins Middle might have won traditional cheer. All of the dance teams were the only ones in their divisions, so they got first, but Phelps Junior High got grand champion. Johnson Central was grand champion school cheer squad.

It was a great day for anyone who went! They were very welcoming and made everyone feel like winners.
Thank You! For the comment about the girls being amazing! They work really hard and it makes me feel good for someone unbiased to make such a wonderful comment.
luv2cheer Wrote:Thank You! For the comment about the girls being amazing! They work really hard and it makes me feel good for someone unbiased to make such a wonderful comment.

They are a great group or girls. BUT, They have a very amazing coach in Ms. Bently. The woman is a natural when it comes to coaching cheerleaders. She is a blessing to those girls.

Mrs. Austin for Paintsville is doing an awesome job as well. She and those girls have worked very hard and should be very proud.

Congrats to ALL the girls.
Mrs. Bentley would really appreciate that comment. She and the girls work extremely hard and take great pride in the team. It's good to know people are paying attention!!!

Thank You!
it was very packed in fact out dance team come out and won grand champs..
go phelps
it was a very good trn out and phelps won grandchamps in dance..th jr high:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Did Paintsvilles Varsity compete? If so, how was their performance?

Great Job Tiffany and crew. You all work hard and stay focused!!! I love watching this bunch.
Yes, Paintsville high school's team competed, and to be honest I thought the middle school squad (Tiffany Austin's squad) was better. Both squads dropped a stunt, and the high school's music sounded a little choppy (not their fault though). BUT, I really like their style of stunting and they were overall a clean squad. Why doesn't PHS do KAPOS anymore? IMO it would probably make them a more competitive squad and give them more to work for....but I'm just an outsider looking in.

I got to judge PJH in their basketball tournament in-game competition and was so impressed by their cleanliness and synchronization. They by far did not have the most difficulty, but their execution is what got them the trophy. You can tell that their coach has trained them well.
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:Yes, Paintsville high school's team competed, and to be honest I thought the middle school squad (Tiffany Austin's squad) was better. Both squads dropped a stunt, and the high school's music sounded a little choppy (not their fault though). BUT, I really like their style of stunting and they were overall a clean squad. Why doesn't PHS do KAPOS anymore? IMO it would probably make them a more competitive squad and give them more to work for....but I'm just an outsider looking in.

I got to judge PJH in their basketball tournament in-game competition and was so impressed by their cleanliness and synchronization. They by far did not have the most difficulty, but their execution is what got them the trophy. You can tell that their coach has trained them well.

I got to watch the squads on hometown tv perform during the tiger madness and yes, Tiffanys squad kicks butt. You can tell Tiff is dedicated to her team and the sky is the limit for them. Jane thinks she is in a popularity contest. Her girls are just there to be there, definately not to compete. I cant wait to see this middle school group get in high school, could be a repeat of the 96 cheerleading team.
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:Today was excellent. A little long, but nonetheless, all my girls and their parents had a great time and we DEFINITELY will be going back next year!

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!sounds like you had an awesome time. i love it when kids get to have fun doing something that is as hard as cheerleading. you sound like a very good coach and that your girls really love you.your girls sound amazing and i'm glad they won. thats what makes a good team, loving each other, respect , loving what you do, and having a good coach and parent support as well. congrats and good luck to you and your teams in all that you do.:Clap:
stride2 Wrote:congrats!!!!!!!!!!!sounds like you had an awesome time. i love it when kids get to have fun doing something that is as hard as cheerleading. you sound like a very good coach and that your girls really love you.your girls sound amazing and i'm glad they won. thats what makes a good team, loving each other, respect , loving what you do, and having a good coach and parent support as well. congrats and good luck to you and your teams in all that you do.:Clap:

Thank you so much for your post. We have worked so hard this year; our season will be over after Sunday and all of us coaches are sad to see it end. However we are SO EXCITED for what we have started in our community and hope to keep building!!! I don't have any kids of my own (I'm only 22), but in a way I have 37....lol. I couldn't be any prouder of them than if they were my own!
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:Thank you so much for your post. We have worked so hard this year; our season will be over after Sunday and all of us coaches are sad to see it end. However we are SO EXCITED for what we have started in our community and hope to keep building!!! I don't have any kids of my own (I'm only 22), but in a way I have 37....lol. I couldn't be any prouder of them than if they were my own!

with a coach like you i'm sure you will make it to the top. just keep doing what you are doing and you cango as far as you want.... again a big congrats and the most important thing is to love the girls and have fun . i would love to see all of your teams perform sometim .........who knows , maybe one day i will.One more thing ....it's great to see someone as young as you to take such an interest in the girls and they are very lucky to have you.:rockon:
I wonder why PHS Varsity is going to Gatlinburg to compete? I say send that middle school squad.
I know they are sweet girls and are friends with a couple of my neices and are my neighbors. I know they love the sport. But they would be better "competition ready" if Tiffany had had them for the past 4 years.
BlueBells Wrote:I wonder why PHS Varsity is going to Gatlinburg to compete? I say send that middle school squad.
I know they are sweet girls and are friends with a couple of my neices and are my neighbors. I know they love the sport. But they would be better "competition ready" if Tiffany had had them for the past 4 years.

Isn't Gatlinburg a big deal??? I mean bigger than KAPOS and stuff.....I think if Tiffany was at the high school you would see a complete turn-around from PHS, and it would give the rest of us another team to worry about during competition time.

I know JCMS is also competing there and as good as they are, I've talked to some of their parents and they are nervous wrecks. Hopefully it turns out good for both squads!
BlueBells Wrote:I got to watch the squads on hometown tv perform during the tiger madness and yes, Tiffanys squad kicks butt. You can tell Tiff is dedicated to her team and the sky is the limit for them. Jane thinks she is in a popularity contest. Her girls are just there to be there, definately not to compete. I cant wait to see this middle school group get in high school, could be a repeat of the 96 cheerleading team.

How could anyone say anything about Jane Ann... please take into consideration the next few things I am going to put out there in the open to make sure everyone knows this before anything else is said about her...

*Jane has 3 children, all involved majorally in school activities and I have never seen Jane miss one of their events...
*Jane owns and runs SIX (6) Merle Norman stores (Paintsville, Prestonsburg, Pikeville, Salyersville, Ashland, and Portsmith, OH) AND to top it all off, one of those stores is one of the top 20 stores in the NATION and Jane missed the awards ceremony in Texas so she could take her girls to Gatlinburg.

Now you tell me someone else who could manage their lives well enough to fit all of that into one lifestyle and still make it like Jane Ann does...
Oh and by the way, she has her girls practicing every weekday and sometimes they practice at 7 to 9 at night because out of all things Archary has the Elem. school gym!
Paintsville Cheerleading recently has been struggling... mainly due to the fact that when Jane gets girls that are coming from Paintsville Middle all they know how to do is a half!.... But THANKFULLY Tiffany VanHoose/Austin has taken control and hopefully next year Paintsville Varsity will have more than just 12 cheerleaders and they just might finally shut everyones mouths up!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2