Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bud Mackey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow is all I can really say, lol!
Just looked around on catspause and their is something really interesting on Bud's myspace and it says this

"Kentucky Wildcats here I come -C court-", this is in his headline beside his pic.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...d=38857255
This is interesting, although Rivals.com doesn't have UK listed as one of his top 4 schools.
Right now, I'd say the Georgia Penal System is recruiting him after his days of selling drugs on school grounds. Smile
He would make a great edition to UK next season. This kid has got a lot of talent.
Beef Wrote:This is interesting, although Rivals.com doesn't have UK listed as one of his top 4 schools.

Yea I know. wonder why? And why does UK even want him after his little drug incident at school?
Everyone makes a mistake. why not give him a second chance.
If this is the case, then I would rather he mess up and learn from his mistakes in high school rather than while he's in college.
UK would want him because he's got his head in the right place, it don't matter where it was, it's right now. UK wants him for the same reason USC wanted Mayo, the two can flat out ball.
Yea Mayo really looked like he could ball last night against UCLA! Mayo has been hyped way to much! hes good and all but a little overated, JMO though!
Thats very interesting.
I say lets give the boy another Chance, as long as he don't do it again, I hope the best for Budd.
This is very interesting.
I havent heard of this kid????
Amun-Ra Wrote:I havent heard of this kid????

He played for Scott County High School and led them to the State Championship last season as a Junior. He was a Mr. Basketball candidate along with Darius Miller and Scotty Hopson this year, but he was arrested for drug trafficking and possession of Cocaine. He is now attending a high school in Cincinnati, think it is called Harmony. He had signed a LOI to play College Ball at Indiana but his scholly was revoked due to the drug problem. He is one heck of a player and can flat out play the game. Hope he gets his head on straight and gets to play College ball.
I don't know much about this to be honest, but I would seriously doubt he makes the grades or meets the requirements to play at UK next or any season from what I've read and heard.
alfus21 Wrote:I don't know much about this to be honest, but I would seriously doubt he makes the grades or meets the requirements to play at UK next or any season from what I've read and heard.

I've also heard something quite similar to that. But Billy Gillispie did say that he wanted a wing player that could score, right down the road is a 6'4 or 6'5 wingman that can score in Bud Mackey.
ComfortEagle Wrote:If this is the case, then I would rather he mess up and learn from his mistakes in high school rather than while he's in college.

Exactly, I would love to see him at UK.
If he has straightened up and has his grades in order i say lets get him. Miller and Bud together?
I hope he does come to KY. I think he deserves another chance.
ESPN Radio said that there was no chance of UK getting him.
blackcat_student Wrote:I've also heard something quite similar to that. But Billy Gillispie did say that he wanted a wing player that could score, right down the road is a 6'4 or 6'5 wingman that can score in Bud Mackey.

And there's also the boy from UHA Billy G went to watch at the All "A" State Championship who IMO is alot better than Hopson. He is 6-4, can shoot the lights out, can jump outta the gym, tear the rim off the backboard etc. IMO the best play I have seen since Lofton.
So UK fans actually want a young man who was selling drugs at school on their team????
FOX SPORTS Wrote:So UK fans actually want a young man who was selling drugs at school on their team????

Not this UK fan...
People deserve second chances. If UK is sure that he can stay clean and out of trouble then why not sign him. The kid can play plain and simple. I also believe that we should keep these other stars like Hopson in state. It would be disasterous to let these kids go out of state. Look at what Chris Lofton has done.
The reason most of the kids go out of state to play is because UK has become a joke. The kids deserve better than what UK has to offer now, which is a retarded coach and sorry players besides Crawford, Bradley and sometimes Patterson. UK has become an afterthought for most kids in this state because of the shape the coach has them in now. No one wants to play for a ******* that doesnt know what he is doing, and should have stayed in Texas. I wouldnt be surprised if some of the players he has recruited change their minds and go elsewhere. If they did, it would be the best thing for them. Actually it would be best if all good players that want to get to the next level stay away from UK, at least until coach numbnuts is gone.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:The reason most of the kids go out of state to play is because UK has become a joke. The kids deserve better than what UK has to offer now, which is a retarded coach and sorry players besides Crawford, Bradley and sometimes Patterson. UK has become an afterthought for most kids in this state because of the shape the coach has them in now. No one wants to play for a ******* that doesnt know what he is doing, and should have stayed in Texas. I wouldnt be surprised if some of the players he has recruited change their minds and go elsewhere. If they did, it would be the best thing for them. Actually it would be best if all good players that want to get to the next level stay away from UK, at least until coach numbnuts is gone.

We'll see if you're saying that in 2 or 3 years time.

Remember, Gillispie has all of Tubby's prized recruits...man, that Jared Carter is a monster....Smile
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:The reason most of the kids go out of state to play is because UK has become a joke. The kids deserve better than what UK has to offer now, which is a retarded coach and sorry players besides Crawford, Bradley and sometimes Patterson. UK has become an afterthought for most kids in this state because of the shape the coach has them in now. No one wants to play for a ******* that doesnt know what he is doing, and should have stayed in Texas. I wouldnt be surprised if some of the players he has recruited change their minds and go elsewhere. If they did, it would be the best thing for them. Actually it would be best if all good players that want to get to the next level stay away from UK, at least until coach numbnuts is gone.
Couldn't you kinda say he inherited the team he was stuck with. He can only do so much with what he has to work with. He demands his players to respect him, work hard, and give him all they have. If you look back the last time UK was in the shape they are now was the first year Pitino came to UK. Look what he ended up doing for the CATS. Give the man a break.
Smile Crawford and Bradley are the jokes, along with most of the other boys Tubby brought in.
I would like to see Mackey walk on and prove himself worthy of a scholarship.
thecavemaster Wrote:I would like to see Mackey walk on and prove himself worthy of a scholarship.

I would like to see Mackey spend time in the pin like any other drug dealer that gets busted, especially when they get busted within 1000 ft of a school.
Pages: 1 2