Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Congrats Powell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

WOW!!!! POWELL CHEERLEADERS ROCKED MY SOXX!!! EVEN THOUGH POWELL DIDN'T WIN AT REGIONS AND DID HAVE A VIDEO BID THEY WENT TO STATE AND BEAT ESTILL...NO ONE CARES WHAT ANYONE HAS TO SAY BECAUSE POWELLS GIRLS DESERVED EVERYBIT OF IT. THEY WERE ONLY 9/10 OF A POINT AWAY FROM 3RD!!!! TRADITIONAL IS ALL ABOUT WHAT POWELL COUNTY HAS...YEA NOT A LOT OF DIFFICULTY OR VULGURNESS BUT ALOT OF SPIRIT AND A VERY CLEAN ROUTINE!!!! IM SO PROUD OF YOU GIRLS!!! AND I KNOW YOU ALL CAN PULL OFF THE IN GAME COMPETITION AT DISTRICTS! GOOD LUCK GIRLS AND IM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!:Thumbs:
I am not trying to take anything away from Powell County because they did perform very well at State. But are you kidding me...the only thing Powell County cares about it beating Estill?? WOW is all I can say..I know Estill Cheerleaders were in it to win it.. Not there to beat Powell County..thats really something to be proud of dont ya think? That was the state cheerleading competiton..Estill already did what they had to to beat Powell at Regionals...It shouldn't have been an estill/powell competition..It should have been a "I want to be a State Champion"....That's just the difference in Judges...Some judges may have liked Powell's more "old-school" traditional routine and some may have liked estill's "new-upbeat" routine..Thats just the difference..and the difference in categories..Estill was definately not Vulgar..I don't know where that came from..Their routine was to Grease..if thats what you consider vulgar wow.
cheerforblue Wrote:I am not trying to take anything away from Powell County because they did perform very well at State. But are you kidding me...the only thing Powell County cares about it beating Estill?? WOW is all I can say..I know Estill Cheerleaders were in it to win it.. Not there to beat Powell County..thats really something to be proud of dont ya think? That was the state cheerleading competiton..Estill already did what they had to to beat Powell at Regionals...It shouldn't have been an estill/powell competition..It should have been a "I want to be a State Champion"....That's just the difference in Judges...Some judges may have liked Powell's more "old-school" traditional routine and some may have liked estill's "new-upbeat" routine..Thats just the difference..and the difference in categories..Estill was definately not Vulgar..I don't know where that came from..Their routine was to Grease..if thats what you consider vulgar wow.

I whole-heartedly agree. I have never cheered but i have two younger sisters who have cheered since they could walk so i do know a little bit. But no matter what sport you play it should never be about beating one team but winning it all. I know that Estill was ready to go into state and win the whole thing not just beat powell. Congrates to everyone!:mad:
cheerforblue Wrote:I am not trying to take anything away from Powell County because they did perform very well at State. But are you kidding me...the only thing Powell County cares about it beating Estill?? WOW is all I can say..I know Estill Cheerleaders were in it to win it.. Not there to beat Powell County..thats really something to be proud of dont ya think? That was the state cheerleading competiton..Estill already did what they had to to beat Powell at Regionals...It shouldn't have been an estill/powell competition..It should have been a "I want to be a State Champion"....That's just the difference in Judges...Some judges may have liked Powell's more "old-school" traditional routine and some may have liked estill's "new-upbeat" routine..Thats just the difference..and the difference in categories..Estill was definately not Vulgar..I don't know where that came from..Their routine was to Grease..if thats what you consider vulgar wow.

FYI Powell girls weren't there to beat ESTILL!!!! My god they were their to show what they were made of and to prove that they did deserve the bid to state and OBVIOUSLY they did what they came to do....Powell was awesome...You are always saying oh powell says this and powell says that but look what you are doing...You are on here dogging Powell for beating Estill.....The state judges are more advanced so obviously Powell has something that Estill don't and that is class......Everyone get over it...POWELL BEAT ESTILL and that is the final deal....And I never said that Estill's routine was vulgur im talking about other teams....lets not jump to conclusion ok
The way Estill and Powell Cheerleaders and fans fuss with each other..makes me almost embarrassed to be a part of either team. If cheerleaders would just cheer because they love it. And if parents and fans would just support them because they love them and get over the jealously or whatever, then maybe cheerleaders wouldnt be known for drama instead of talent. CONGRATS TO BOTH TEAMS, WAY TO REPRESENT THE 14TH REGION WELL!
hello i am stride 2,s mom and i am a huge pirate fan. i went to the competition and i think the judges done a good job!!!!!but to be honest about the whole traditional category, it's called traditional to be old school not upbeat. upbeat is 2&1/2. i was an oldschool cheerleader and we didn't have very much tumbling at all. yes estill is a good squad but powell is too and just because powell doesn't have tumbling doesn't make them undeserving like i said traditional is old school and ALLof the teams that do alot of tumbling should be in 21/2 not traditional. not to say we are jealous like you will think ,we definately are not but facts are facts. our only goal was to be in top 5 not just beat estill and we accomplished our goal but it does feel good to know we were the underdogs and came back to beat the team who won regionals ...funny huh!!!!well i'm very proud of our girls and i think they are # 1 and i will continue to be a fan of the POWELL CO. PIRATESSmile
tis is to getchagameon, have you ever heard of RIVALRY????????????? taht's what it is all about NOt being friends
Well, I guess everyone has their own opinions.
getchagameon Wrote:Well, I guess everyone has their own opinions.
yes they do and it's a sad thing too see from people but the fact remains rivalry is rivalry and powell cheerleaders didnt act to bad til estill started acting like they were better than them and i'm not just talking in cheering trust me i know what i'm talking about cause my daughter cheers for powell and their coach still gets on to them for acting like that if she seesa it
Well Stride2, rivalry is fun to a certain extint. Some people take it to an extreme though, that's when things get a little out of hand. I don't think dogging the other teams, is really what this site was meant for.
Whoever wins the in-game competition will show the better team. I guess we will just have to wait and see who comes out on top. =]
At the in-game competition both squads can do what they know they can, not what there routine allows them.. this will show whos the best.

btw one thing i dont understand..stride2...you say estill fans get on here and dog powell county...first of all i dont think one person posted anything about estill beating powell at regionals??? not one POST! It's not a big deal. Estill beat Powell..Powell beat Estill..all up to the in-game competition.
Totally agree to your post cheerforblue. True talent will show in the end game competition.
cheerforblue Wrote:Whoever wins the in-game competition will show the better team. I guess we will just have to wait and see who comes out on top. =]
At the in-game competition both squads can do what they know they can, not what there routine allows them.. this will show whos the best.

btw one thing i dont understand..stride2...you say estill fans get on here and dog powell county...first of all i dont think one person posted anything about estill beating powell at regionals??? not one POST! It's not a big deal. Estill beat Powell..Powell beat Estill..all up to the in-game competition.

Thank you...i agree whole-heartedly!
This thread is ridiculous and can only cause problems.

BTW, stride2, an account should only be used by ONE person. Meaning, your mother should not get on and use your account. That only causes confusion and most people simply don't fall for that sort of stunt. So if your mother wants to post again, please tell her to get her own account. It's free after all.