Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KAPOS State-at-Large Feb-16-2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sad Unfortunately I didn't get to go. Something came up. But let me know how everything goes and the best of luck to all the 15th region girls! Show'em what you got!!

Post winners and how everyone did please.
Today was a very eventful day. As I sat in the crowd I was amazed with all of the talent that comes from our state. We have some very good teams that we should be proud of. I was only there for the morning session of the competition and I found the results quite “disturbing”! I was impressed with Dunbar’s routine even though they dropped a stunt. No one can compete with them. I was also excited with the new category of Super Large to see some new teams get recognition. Greenup was in their top form as usually with Madison Southern not far behind. This year in Tradititonal Pikeville was very impressive and I was glad to see them take home the title of state champions, because they definitely deserved it. I was also shocked with GRC’s performance today. They dropped a stunt with a flyer falling on her head. How do you bring home a 2nd place trophy with this kind of performance? The 3rd, 4th, and 5th place finishes were questionable. Bryan Station and Powell were VIDEO BIDS and beat the teams they lost to in the region. How does this happen if both teams they beat stuck their routines?? I also noticed that these two teams had a very LOW difficulty compared to Model and Estill whom they beat today. Estill, however, with strong tumbling and difficult stunts placed 5th? I just want to know how this happens?? Pikeville, Estill, and GRC were the more Up-to-date traditional teams that I saw today. Madison Southern and Green Up had routines loaded with difficulty!!!! I was disappointed with Daviess performance today. They are usually very fun to watch and always stick their stunts what happened today?

Congrats Winners!!!!
can't wait to see how everyone did
can't wait to hear how everyone did
Pikeville's varsity won the Traditional. All that I know
Traditional:
Pikeville-1st
George Rogers Clark-2nd
Bryan Station-3rd
Powell-4th
Estill-5th

Super Large
Greenup-1st
Madison Southern-2nd

Large
Dunbar-1st

All I can remember from todays results..Traditional was very interesting..!
WOW!!! Big win for Pikeville! Congrats girls! So proud fo ya'll
2 1/2 Minute Large

1st Dunbar
2nd Henderson County
3rd Corbin
4th Daviess County
5th Marshall County

2 1/2 Minute Super Large

1st Greenup Co.
2nd Madison Southern
3rd Bowling Green
4th Campbell County
5th Lexington Catholic

Traditional was already posted. Great job, Pikeville!

Don't know any results from the afternoon session. Would love to know who won those divisions.

IMO Greenup County was the overall best squad there. They were incredible!
I agree!! I saw Greenup at region when I interned. They blew everyone away! I've watched their nationals video several times and still cannot see why they got 2nd. I've been on other forums and there is a big controversy going on about it. I think they are incredible!
Here are some results from the afternoon session:
Large Coed:
1. Graves County (There was no contest here)
2. Russell County
3. Bullitt Central
4. Hancock Co.

Small Coed:
1. Reidland
2. Barren County
3. Elliott County
That's all I remember

Medium:
1. North Laurel
2. Madisonville

Small:
1. Madison Central
2. Southwestern (I think)

Sorry I can't remember all of it.
I think things went pretty much how they were expected to go. The powerhouse teams that go to UCA like Greenup, Dunbar, Graves, Reidland, Madison Central, North Laurel, Madisonville, etc. did well today.
In the traditional category it was a two man race. No other team even came close to comparing with the difficulty that GRC and Pikeville had in their cheers. In Kapos you can't just look at the routine without considering the difficulty involved.
colonelfan2001 Wrote:In the traditional category it was a two man race. No other team even came close to comparing with the difficulty that GRC and Pikeville had in their cheers. In Kapos you can't just look at the routine without considering the difficulty involved.

I agree. This was a very weak category with the exception of those two.
I have a question did anyone see Estill's Routine?? Had lots of difficulity....Kick double, standing tucks, fulls, heel streches with a double down, and an amazing pyramid with lots of tumbles...if this was not difficult then I dont know what is??
How'd Pike Central do?
westky1124 Wrote:Here are some results from the afternoon session:
Large Coed:
1. Graves County (There was no contest here)
2. Russell County
3. Bullitt Central
4. Hancock Co.

Small Coed:
1. Reidland
2. Barren County
3. Elliott County
That's all I remember

Medium:
1. North Laurel
2. Madisonville

Small:
1. Madison Central
2. Southwestern (I think)

Sorry I can't remember all of it.
I think things went pretty much how they were expected to go. The powerhouse teams that go to UCA like Greenup, Dunbar, Graves, Reidland, Madison Central, North Laurel, Madisonville, etc. did well today.

Additional below

Medium

3. Madison Central
4. Pikeville
Here are the State Results
http://www.kapos.org/index.php?id=391
cheerforblue Wrote:I have a question did anyone see Estill's Routine?? Had lots of difficulity....Kick double, standing tucks, fulls, heel streches with a double down, and an amazing pyramid with lots of tumbles...if this was not difficult then I dont know what is??

Estill may have had those things, but the squads I was speaking of did 4 stunt groups with those elements. Also, I believe I saw Estill throw 2 standing tucks. These squads had much better tumbling and much better stunting.
colonelfan2001 Wrote:Estill may have had those things, but the squads I was speaking of did 4 stunt groups with those elements. Also, I believe I saw Estill throw 2 standing tucks. These squads had much better tumbling and much better stunting.

was not referring to Pikeville or GRC..Estill also had fulls..don't remember much about Bryan Station but I know Powell didn't have any fulls.
How did Belfry do?
Congratulations to all those participating in KAPOS !

I am happy for Pikeville Maroon & Pikeville White! WTG !!:thumpsup:
can someone please tell me how a team can cheer all year long and then right before competition ask two girls from a local all star team (their two best one's) two come and help them so they can win and when it's all over they still didn't cheer for them anymore?????i think that might be called cheating this has been a couple years ago but i just found out like 15 min ago and just thought it was interesting
stride2 Wrote:can someone please tell me how a team can cheer all year long and then right before competition ask two girls from a local all star team (their two best one's) two come and help them so they can win and when it's all over they still didn't cheer for them anymore?????i think that might be called cheating this has been a couple years ago but i just found out like 15 min ago and just thought it was interesting

That's impossible. The cheerleaders all have to have cheered so many games through out the year. The coaches send in the information and roster and stuff. I'm pretty sure KAPOS checks into this stuff. That is illegal.

Who was it?
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:That's impossible. The cheerleaders all have to have cheered so many games through out the year. The coaches send in the information and roster and stuff. I'm pretty sure KAPOS checks into this stuff. That is illegal.

Who was it?
well i'd rather not say because it would just add to the fire but it the truth i even know the two girls names
stride2 Wrote:well i'd rather not say because it would just add to the fire but it the truth i even know the two girls names
one of my friends daughter used to cheer at the allstar gym and one of the two girls told her all about it i know it's illegal just cwondering what to do
I'm not sure what they could do about it if it happened a few years ago.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:That's impossible. The cheerleaders all have to have cheered so many games through out the year. The coaches send in the information and roster and stuff. I'm pretty sure KAPOS checks into this stuff. That is illegal.

Who was it?
send me that new message again i messed it up somehow sorry:confused:
cheermomma Wrote:Today was a very eventful day. As I sat in the crowd I was amazed with all of the talent that comes from our state. We have some very good teams that we should be proud of. I was only there for the morning session of the competition and I found the results quite “disturbing”! I was impressed with Dunbar’s routine even though they dropped a stunt. No one can compete with them. I was also excited with the new category of Super Large to see some new teams get recognition. Greenup was in their top form as usually with Madison Southern not far behind. This year in Tradititonal Pikeville was very impressive and I was glad to see them take home the title of state champions, because they definitely deserved it. I was also shocked with GRC’s performance today. They dropped a stunt with a flyer falling on her head. How do you bring home a 2nd place trophy with this kind of performance? The 3rd, 4th, and 5th place finishes were questionable. Bryan Station and Powell were VIDEO BIDS and beat the teams they lost to in the region. How does this happen if both teams they beat stuck their routines?? I also noticed that these two teams had a very LOW difficulty compared to Model and Estill whom they beat today. Estill, however, with strong tumbling and difficult stunts placed 5th? I just want to know how this happens?? Pikeville, Estill, and GRC were the more Up-to-date traditional teams that I saw today. Madison Southern and Green Up had routines loaded with difficulty!!!! I was disappointed with Daviess performance today. They are usually very fun to watch and always stick their stunts what happened today?

Congrats Winners!!!!
i was also at the competition and i am a powell fan yes i agree estill is a good team and alot of difficulty but they are very sloppy their formations were all off linesa were crooked and powell just brought it and got 4th like they deservedSmile
Any posts that accuse another team of an illegal activity will be immediately removed and this thread closed.

You don't know how much harm you can cause by accusing schools of rumors.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I'm not sure what they could do about it if it happened a few years ago.

Stride2 ( or mom) you must really have a lot of hatred in your heart if all you can do on these threads is put people down and try to start trouble. I feel sorry for you.
This is the best quote getchagameon :praise:
getchagameon Wrote:Sad

Stride2 ( or mom) you must really have a lot of hatred in your heart if all you can do on these threads is put people down and try to start trouble. I feel sorry for you. Sad
Pages: 1 2