Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Biggest Heart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to know who everyone thinks that has the biggest heart in all of College Basketball, IMO I would have to Tyler Hansborough every game I watch, he just plays with so much emotion and fire, I mean it's hard not to like a guy when he gives a 110% every time hes on the floor and you can tell hes plays for the love of the game. There is another kid that also comes to mind and it is Robbie Hummel from Purdue, probably one of the best players in the nation and also gives a 110% everytime he gets on the floor
Chuck Hayes had the biggest heart of all-time.
RedSeal Wrote:I would like to know who everyone thinks that has the biggest heart in all of College Basketball, IMO I would have to Tyler Hansborough every game I watch, he just plays with so much emotion and fire, I mean it's hard not to like a guy when he gives a 110% every time hes on the floor and you can tell hes plays for the love of the game. There is another kid that also comes to mind and it is Robbie Hummel from Purdue, probably one of the best players in the nation and also gives a 110% everytime he gets on the floor
Hate to disagree, but I will, Hansborough is the most protected player in NCAA right now. He shoots more FT than most teams. He plays with passion I agree but he is well taken care of.
I Do believe Hummel is a all heart player. I also like Beasley from Kansas State.
Hansborough didn't look like he had too much heart when Henderson broke his nose and Hansborough did nothing about it.
Tyler whines way too much and gets more call that what Jordan did.

Chuck Hayes had heart, I agree, but no more than Jeff Shepard or the Unforgettables.
Present:
Courtney Lee of Western Kentucky plays with heart & Desire every game. WKU is 20-5, Lee grew up in the rough parts of Illinois and wanted to leave WKU within his freshman season, but now he is a projected first round pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.

Past:
Chuck Hayes
In my opinion its the players who play at the low to mid major schools. Though they may not be as talented or hyped up as the guys as the bigger schools, they still give it their all. One of the reasons I love March so much is to see the small schools and their fans celebrate after they win their conference tournament. I'd drather watch the SWAC conference title game than the ACC Title game anyday.
Yeah Tyler Hansborough is a big baby...all he does is whine.
clipperw Wrote:In my opinion its the players who play at the low to mid major schools. Though they may not be as talented or hyped up as the guys as the bigger schools, they still give it their all. One of the reasons I love March so much is to see the small schools and their fans celebrate after they win their conference tournament. I'd drather watch the SWAC conference title game than the ACC Title game anyday.

Well thats usually the case because, if most teams dont win the SWAC championship then they will not be in the tournament, but if your playing in the acc championship, ur going to most likely be in the ncaa.
Super_de Wrote:Well thats usually the case because, if most teams dont win the SWAC championship then they will not be in the tournament, but if your playing in the acc championship, ur going to most likely be in the ncaa.

I know and thats a big reason why I love watching those small conference championship games on championship week. I love the celebrations the teams and fans do after the win and how the players give it their all for the possibility of being a cinderella in the NCAA tournament.
clipperw Wrote:I know and thats a big reason why I love watching those small conference championship games on championship week. I love the celebrations the teams and fans do after the win and how the players give it their all for the possibility of being a cinderella in the NCAA tournament.

Yeah, its fun to watch and I agree with you 100%.
blackcat_student Wrote:Present:
Courtney Lee of Western Kentucky plays with heart & Desire every game. WKU is 20-5, Lee grew up in the rough parts of Illinois and wanted to leave WKU within his freshman season, but now he is a projected first round pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.

Past:
Chuck Hayes

I thought Lee was from Indianoplis (Pike)?
I cannot believe you all are saying the Hansborough is a crybaby, when i have never seen him wine over one call
RedSeal Wrote:I cannot believe you all are saying the Hansborough is a crybaby, when i have never seen him wine over one call

he really doesn't have to wine cause he gets every call thats the point...
OMG Wrote:he really doesn't have to wine cause he gets every call thats the point...

well yea your gonna get every call when your a star for a dominant program, at UNC
Ugot2BkidN Wrote:I thought Lee was from Indianoplis (Pike)?

Your right, I got his story mixed-up with another one from Espn.
RedSeal Wrote:well yea your gonna get every call when your a star for a dominant program, at UNC

well good now your agreeing with the rest of us...im only kidding...i see your point, but him complaining only shows his passion even more...and his love for the game...so ill agree on both sides...
OMG Wrote:well good now your agreeing with the rest of us...im only kidding...i see your point, but him complaining only shows his passion even more...and his love for the game...so ill agree on both sides...

Dont get me wrong I hate UNC with a passion, but I just think they have one of the best players in the nation and plays for the love of the game, but there are more players out there that play 110% everytime they step on the floor also, There is one guy that comes to my mind that i forgot to mention, but he played a couple of years ago, Jameer Nelson played for a tiny school in Philadelphia and led the to a # 1 ranking and also made it to the Final Four but he really did play with so much emotion and I really seen what emotion he had crying in the Locker Room after losing in the Elite 8, but he also was a kid that played with alot of Heart
RedSeal Wrote:Dont get me wrong I hate UNC with a passion, but I just think they have one of the best players in the nation and plays for the love of the game, but there are more players out there that play 110% everytime they step on the floor also, There is one guy that comes to my mind that i forgot to mention, but he played a couple of years ago, Jameer Nelson played for a tiny school in Philadelphia and led the to a # 1 ranking and also made it to the Final Four but he really did play with so much emotion and I really seen what emotion he had crying in the Locker Room after losing in the Elite 8, but he also was a kid that played with alot of Heart

i will tell you one that played with a lot of emotion and you could tell he was having the time of his life everytime he stepped on the floor...Travis Ford..one of my favorite players from UK
OMG Wrote:i will tell you one that played with a lot of emotion and you could tell he was having the time of his life everytime he stepped on the floor...Travis Ford..one of my favorite players from UK

Yea I was really wanting to see him get the UK job, but im still happy with Gillispie, but if Billy G does decide to leave, I think Travis Ford should be the next coach he has done a real good job at UMASS
RedSeal Wrote:Yea I was really wanting to see him get the UK job, but im still happy with Gillispie, but if Billy G does decide to leave, I think Travis Ford should be the next coach he has done a real good job at UMASS

i do to...he may not walk into the best talent on a team but he could bring out passion in kids like he had and they would very rarely get beat
OMG Wrote:i do to...he may not walk into the best talent on a team but he could bring out passion in kids like he had and they would very rarely get beat

Yea he might not, but im sure he can recruit
Mark Pope
walter mcCarty
I agree with you clipperw because when some one like Duke and UNC play in the ACC Championship, it doesn't matter you know they are in. But when you see Alabama State and Grambling State playing for the SWAC Championship you just get so into the game cause these kids play with passion, because if they don't they might not ever get the chance to go to the tournament again.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:But when you see Alabama State and Grambling State playing for the SWAC Championship you just get so into the game cause these kids play with passion, because if they don't they might not ever get the chance to go to the tournament again.

Exactly! I read an article about a team from the SWAC the other day on ESPN.com, and it made me have even more respect for those type of schools. Another example IMO of biggest heart in college ball, are the players who play at the Ivy League schools. The conference does not give out academic scholarships, but rather the guys who go there not only meet the demands of an Ivy League academic load, they also compete at the D1 level for the true love of the game.
clipperw Wrote:Exactly! I read an article about a team from the SWAC the other day on ESPN.com, and it made me have even more respect for those type of schools. Another example IMO of biggest heart in college ball, are the players who play at the Ivy League schools. The conference does not give out academic scholarships, but rather the guys who go there not only meet the demands of an Ivy League academic load, they also compete at the D1 level for the true love of the game.

do you mean they dont give out athletic scholarships? i thought ivy league did give out academic scholarships?
Yeah, sorry about that, I meant to say athletic scholarships.
ok thanks i got confused for a sec
clipperw Wrote:Exactly! I read an article about a team from the SWAC the other day on ESPN.com, and it made me have even more respect for those type of schools. Another example IMO of biggest heart in college ball, are the players who play at the Ivy League schools. The conference does not give out academic scholarships, but rather the guys who go there not only meet the demands of an Ivy League academic load, they also compete at the D1 level for the true love of the game.

Yes, I never thought about that. Very good post.