Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NCAA refs blow two games tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the Georgetown vs. Villanova and the UT Lady Vols vs. Rutgers game the refs made some very questionable calls each under 0.2 seconds left that allowed G-town and UT to win their games. In the G-town/Nova game the refs called a blocking foul on a player with 0.1 second left 80 feet away from the basket on the sideline with minimal contact that gave the Hoyas two free throws to ice the game and come out with a two point win instead of going to OT. In the Lady Vols win, UT was down one, Candice Parker missed a shot and a girl got a rebound with 0.2 seconds, the clock stops. She then dribbles, pump fakes, and puts up a shot when the clock started running again to get the foul. UT goes on for a one point win. The refs should've never called the fould in the G-town game, and the refs should've reviewed the tape and saw that the clock did stop and said time ran out. Both very questionable calls in my opinion. Anyone else think the same?
Very quistionable indeed
They must be from prestonsburg. lol:moon:
DALE Wrote:In the Georgetown vs. Villanova and the UT Lady Vols vs. Rutgers game the refs made some very questionable calls each under 0.2 seconds left that allowed G-town and UT to win their games. In the G-town/Nova game the refs called a blocking foul on a player with 0.1 second left 80 feet away from the basket on the sideline with minimal contact that gave the Hoyas two free throws to ice the game and come out with a two point win instead of going to OT. In the Lady Vols win, UT was down one, Candice Parker missed a shot and a girl got a rebound with 0.2 seconds, the clock stops. She then dribbles, pump fakes, and puts up a shot when the clock started running again to get the foul. UT goes on for a one point win. The refs should've never called the fould in the G-town game, and the refs should've reviewed the tape and saw that the clock did stop and said time ran out. Both very questionable calls in my opinion. Anyone else think the same?

I didnt get to see the call from the UT - Rutgers game, but I did watch the Villanova and Gtown game. The last call was horrible, the announcers said these guys where veteran refs, but it sure didnt show. There where 48 fouls called in the game, and the last one is one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Minimal contact 80 feet from the basket. If any foul was going to be called it Should have been called on the previous drive by Villanova.
I just seen the replay from the UT - Rutgers game, and I'm shocked. The clock clearly stopped at 0.2 seconds, and stayed there for at least one second. The refs said the clock is synchronized with their whistle, but if thats the case, how did it re-start?

Horrible call, those refs should be suspended and fined.
slingblade93 Wrote:They must be from prestonsburg. lol:moon:

ahaha man your funnyRolleyes
Yea that was crappy.
I hate UT with a passion but after the way the UT player was fouled they should have gotten the free throws. I also think the refs watched the replay and realized the clock stopped but after seeing the Rutgers player just floor the UT girl they give her the free throws. Hey maybe Imus was right about these tattooed thugs from Rutgers.