Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Alabama Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
John Pelphrey left the Jags with a nice team. They are currently 20-4 (12-1) and atop the Sun Belt Conference. The former Kentucky Mr. Basketball from J-town, Domonic Tilford is one of the Jags leading scorers as a Sophomore. The Jags are ranked 34 in the RPI and have an outside chance at an at large bid if they don't win their conference tournament. The Jags have played against great competition and held their own taking Vandy into OT losing by 2. Losing on the road to Ole Miss by 3. And Defeating Mississippi State. They lead WKU by a half game in the Sun Belt and will return to action Thursday against MTSU. Go Jags!!
I'd like to see South Alabama get an at large if they were to lose in the Sun Belt tournament. I think they could maybe get to the round of 32 or 16 if they get in. Thats something I love about March Madness, at that level those conference tournament games are highly competitive because for a majority of those teams its the only way they can get in the tournament and they give it all they have.