Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is it possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That Bobby Knight comes out of a short lived retirement to coach at LSU next year?
He never retied, he only resigned.
PC_You_Know Wrote:He never retied, he only resigned.

Exactly. So it's possible that he does become the next coach somewhere (I don't know about LSU though)
PC_You_Know Wrote:He never retied, he only resigned.

Very true.
When did he accept the Job???
RavenBoy Wrote:When did he accept the Job???
Do you ever, actually read posts? Just wondering.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:That Bobby Knight comes out of a short lived retirement to coach at LSU next year?
Sure do.
For lack of better words. HECK NO. LSU is a football school, if the General comes back it won't be at a place where men's basketball is 4th on the agenda maybe more than that with track. He will go to a place where he has a chance to WIN and he will be the MAIN show. That was his biggest thing about TT, no one went out to the games. You heard the comment he made directly to the fans about being at the game. So, I do think he will coach again, just not at LSU. (So after all that he will end up there lol.)
I think he will wait until a big time basketball school has a opening, maybe in like 2 or 3 years.
No way he would think about coaching at LSU IMO.
Wouldn't care to see him at UK...
vundy33 Wrote:Wouldn't care to see him at UK...
Wouldn't bother me a bit.
vundy33 Wrote:Wouldn't care to see him at UK...
Same here but you know they aint just going to kick out Billy G for him.
definatly not LSU.
i don't see him coming back to be honest, IMO he will stick around the Texas Tech program a little and help out his son and that will be about it I do not think we will see him on the hardwood as a coach anymore as much as I hate to say it.
RavenBoy Wrote:Same here but you know they aint just going to kick out Billy G for him.

I know but it's a funny thought though...Smile
RavenBoy Wrote:Same here but you know they aint just going to kick out Billy G for him.

if kentucky alumni want something bad enough they can make anything happen...i personally dont think they would do something like that, even though i would love to see him head-butt a couple of our players....seriously though i would absolutely love to see him coach at UK...there would be nobody that could put the administration in their place like Bobby Knight....
RavenBoy Wrote:I think he will wait until a big time basketball school has a opening, maybe in like 2 or 3 years.

He's 67 there Ravenmonster, he ain't got 2 or 3 years to wait. If he decides to coach again it will be soon.
I would love to see Bobby Knight in the SEC! Always was a fan of the General!
I love Bobby Knight too, but not at UK..I'd love to see Knight somewhere soon, but not at UK. I think Billy Clyde is a great fit in Lexington, and if the alumni tries to run him out of town for a 67 year old coach, then it would be a distaster. BCG has done a great job with this team, and with all the talent he has coming in the next few years, UK will be back at the top of college basketball. But I have a funny feeling that Knight will end up coaching in the Big 10 again..
The general will be coaching at a School where Basketball is 1st on the agenda next season
RedSeal Wrote:The general will be coaching at a School where Basketball is 1st on the agenda next season

like indiana? haha
I wouldn't be surprised if Knight took a job at a smaller school just to see if he has it in him to build one last program that may be broke.
I believe we've seen all to see of Knight on the hardwood. He'll spend his days out on the lake or in a tree hunting now days. No more coaching for the General IMO.
OMG Wrote:like indiana? haha

The way things are shaping up at indiana with coach kelvin sampson there is a chance that knight could very well end up coachin there one last time
WVUfan33 Wrote:The way things are shaping up at indiana with coach kelvin sampson there is a chance that knight could very well end up coachin there one last time

This reall could happen!, but I honestly doubt it and LSU really likes there interrim coach! I think that will be there next hire. Id say the general will end up coaching at a small school
RedSeal Wrote:This reall could happen!, but I honestly doubt it and LSU really likes there interrim coach! I think that will be there next hire. Id say the general will end up coaching at a small school

rumor just hit...set to be in the next edition of the paintsville herald....Bobby Knight will take over the tigers program after Bill Mike Runyon retires at the end of the season...will also be teaching english at the elementary school...haha ok ok i was just kidding, but that would be great if he did...
OMG Wrote:rumor just hit...set to be in the next edition of the paintsville herald....Bobby Knight will take over the tigers program after Bill Mike Runyon retires at the end of the season...will also be teaching english at the elementary school...haha ok ok i was just kidding, but that would be great if he did...

Smile Smile Smile :Clap:
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Smile Smile Smile :Clap:

atleast one person agrees...i personally think i will start a petition to get this done...with everything paintsville's losing next year they will need some head butts here and there to get their competitive edge up to par...if you would like to sign my petition just let me know..lol
The rumor I have heard is that Travis Ford could possibly be the next coach at LSU. The AD who was at UMASS hired Ford then is now the AD at LSU.
Pages: 1 2