Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Patrick Patterson a 4 year player?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I sure hope that he is. imagine what a team
I hope so too. If he stays and we continue to get the recruits that we are getting, I think we could hang another banner in the rafters @ RUPP
Its doubtful but i hope he stays
I;m thinking probably 3. If we are unlucky then only 2. But don't see any chance of him staying all 4 years.
We need him to stay atleast 3 because then he'll be a junior and we'll have Meeks and Jasper as seniors (if they stay that long).
I say he will. He is too smart not too. Theres was a study on ESPN that said the former NBA players who were out of the league for 5 years are already broke. Stay in school, get that degree then go make Millions and if you break your leg you can still make money. I think he will stay all 4 years.
Lets Hope!!!!!
He will stay 3 years for sure. No way could he compete for playing time in the league for atleast 2 more years.
Before the season started I would have said definitely yes.

Patterson has been much better than anyone could have hoped. I believe he may be there for three years but not four.
I am feeling more of a two year player than a three year player. I just think he will have a break out season next year and will leave after nesxt season. I really hope I am wrong though.
4 years? No way. 2....maybe 3.
I hope! But unless he has Larry Bird's philosophy or just stays like Noah and the Gators, he will be gone after 2, 3 at the absolute most. Hopefully he will stay. I think a lot will depend on what kind of time he has at UK. I know he wants an education, but when the money is offered, if he isn't having fun at UK he will be gone!
When he signed i heard that he was for sure staying 4 years which hopefully he does. But i think its 3 years for sure.
For starters, Patrick is a good kid from a good family with plenty of money. They're not filthy rich. They are upper middle class working folks. He won't be leaving any time soon because of money. He'll get his money one way or the other and he knows that. Be it as a pro player or as a professional in some other field after his playing days are over. Plus everyone knows if you leave UK as a Bball player in good standing and stay in KY you can write your own ticket. Endorsement money out the WAZOO!!

Secondly, Patrick is a good student according to people very close to him.

Third, Patrick is no better player for his size than Kenny "SKY" Walker was, at this point in their respective careers.

Lastly, I truly believe that he and Coach Gillispie have a personal pact about rebuilding the UK Dynasty.

That's MY case as to why I believe he stays for 4 years. There is just no incentive for him to blow off his degree at UK before he decides to go pro.
I have a feeling that he will stay 3 years. But hey that is better than 1 year.
I say 3.
DevilsWin Wrote:For starters, Patrick is a good kid from a good family with plenty of money. They're not filthy rich. They are upper middle class working folks. He won't be leaving any time soon because of money. He'll get his money one way or the other and he knows that. Be it as a pro player or as a professional in some other field after his playing days are over. Plus everyone knows if you leave UK as a Bball player in good standing and stay in KY you can write your own ticket. Endorsement money out the WAZOO!!

Secondly, Patrick is a good student according to people very close to him.

Third, Patrick is no better player for his size than Kenny "SKY" Walker was, at this point in their respective careers.

Lastly, I truly believe that he and Coach Gillispie have a personal pact about rebuilding the UK Dynasty.

That's MY case as to why I believe he stays for 4 years. There is just no incentive for him to blow off his degree at UK before he decides to go pro.
Hope you are right.:letsparty
I think that he is a 2 year player...but i HOPE HOPE HOPE that he is 3 to 4 *fingerscrossed*
Patterson is a one year player that will stay 3 years if we are lucky. The reason i say 3 is because when antwan jammerson left early at carolina he went to summer school and got his degree and graduated so patterson could do the same.
4 baby
Im going to say 3 year player.
His mom said at the tipoff classic last year that she wanted him to get his degree.
IMO Patterson is a 2 or 3 year player. I don't think he will declare for the NBA draft after this year, but maybe after his so. season. I don't think he will stay at UK for 4 years.
If UK ever wants to get back to national prominence then Patterson needs to be a four year player. I believe that it starts with him.
Im gonna say he is a 4 year player and His Mom and Dad push him real hard and I think he will graduate at kentucky with a Degree so he can make his Family real proud of him
I don't see him darting for the NBA without getting a degree first. He doesn't seem like the type that is all about basketball and money. He obviously cares about his education. I look for him to stay 3 years at least, and I wouldn't be suprised to see him in Lexington for 4.
Nope. Enjoy him while he's here. Problably going to bounce after next year. Great players don't stay in college these days.
Patterson is more than just money and basketball. He's not one of those guys who stays a year or two just because he has to. He wants to get his education and make this thing at UK worthwhile. If he leaves after 3 years, I will say it will be because he graduated that early (which isn't unlikely).
If he stays 4 years I think we'll have a national championship for sure. I think we'll win one his junior year if he stays that long.
Patterson would make any UK team better. Hope he stays and talent gets better.
Pages: 1 2