Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does Kentucky go to the Big Dance?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The way the Wildcats have been playing, do they have a chance in March or is it to late.
They way they are playing here of late they are making a it a good chance that they could, They just need to close the SEC out good and make a good SEC tournament run.
The committee looks at the last of the year a lot more than the first so IF they can finish the SEC with 4-5 losses and a good run in the tourney then I think they can.
I say so, they make the NCAA too much money not to
Its all about the money and name across the chest. IF they continue to do what they are doing then yes but if some how they go back to their old ways then no chance in well you know. Billy G and the Cats have a huge Mountain to climb and they already proved yesterday that they can play team ball, hard nose D and play w/ out their leader so that speaks alot for this team. The Vandy, UT and GA wins are all big wins when the commite looks at the At Large bids as well taking Florida into OT at FLa.
Have to continue to pick up up wins on the road and will have to win at Vandy or UT plus win the UF game at home in March. Thinking more deeply think we need to be the 3 seed in the east just so we can have one more win instead of the bye for the 1st round.
Too much Tradition not to see Uk in the big dance. i guarantee they get in
bac2369 Wrote:Too much Tradition not to see Uk in the big dance. i guarantee they get in

I agree
I think they can only afford to lose 2 of the remaining schedule.
If they win out, and then make a decent run in the SEC Tourney, I say they make it.
I dont think they get in with more than 11 loses.
Yes!
2 weeks ago I would have said no, but It looks like the Cats may go dancing after all. They still have big games left..Tennessee & Vanderbilt on the road and Arkansas & Florida coming to Rupp. If they can muster a 2-2 out of those two games it will be good ...we cant lose more than two of those IMO...
It is Kentucky as long as they continue to play how they've been playing and do well in the SEC tourney they should make it. Too much tradition and they are playing good at the right time of year not to.
They will.
IMO I think they need to finish strong, but, It's about money too, and Kentucky fans travel. So if it's close they get in.
I always like to look at the remaining games on the schedule:

at Auburn - should win
Alabama - should win
at Vandy - tough place to steal one
at LSU - should win
Georgia - should win
Arkansas - toss-up, but it's at home
Ole Miss - should win at home
at Tennessee - doubtful
at South Carolina - good shot to win
Florida - can't lose this one on Senior Day

Realistically, I see the Cats going either 8-2 or 7-3, depending on if they beat Arkansas. That one game could actually be the one that gets them into or out of the tourney. You're talikng about a final regualr-season record of either 18-11 or 17-12, with hopefully a win or two in the SEC tourney.

If they are 18-11 and pick up a couple wins in Atlanta, that gets them to 20 wins and a guaranteed NCAA berth in my opinion. Anything less than that and they have a chance but will be sweating it out.

I do think the name Kentucky will help them (despite what selection committee members might say), but only if they are on equal footing with some other teams for the last couple spots. If the resumes are similar, the name Kentucky will win out.
Id say we will win the sec tourney
I think if we can get a couple more big wins we'll make it.
Yea, I agree with you Cowbell, i like to match up to, but really I only see Kentucky losing maybe 2 or 3 of the remaining game

at Auburn - Should be a Win

Alabama - Should be a Win

At Vandy - this time,its at Vandy,will be another great game, but Vandy has been sliping lately so Kentucky picks up the win again

At LSU - Should be a Win

Georgia - Another Win

Arkansas - Win

Ole Miss - Win

at Tennessee - be very tought, but dont think UT will let KY beat them twice

at South Carolina - KY should win this game again

Florida - win. Kentucky played good at Florida, but this time its at Rupp, so i say a win

Thats just what I think. Also KY will make a run in the SEC tourny either losing in the Championship game or the final 4.

So what I think is they get in, maybe not a good seed, but still they make it in!!
With the way Vandy is playing lately then everybody on UK's schedule not named Tennessee or Florida is a must win.
i think if kentucky does not get to 20 wins by the end of the sec tourny then they wont make it...i would like to think that because of their tradition the committee will cut them some slack, but i really dont think they will unless they can manage a 20 win season...
No.

They still don't have any depth and the bad losses at the begining of the season will be too much to overcome.
Uk remaining schedule

@ Auburn-w
Alabama-w
@ Vandy-L
@ LSU-w
Georgia-w
Arkansas-w
Ole Miss-w
@ Tenn-L
@ South Carolina-w
Florida-w

Uk goes 8-2 to finishes regular season play.....i say they finish the sec tourney with 2 wins making them 20-12??
Sure will unless they just drop the rest of their games.