Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morehead State 88 - Kentucky Christian 66
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final at Morehead
Why would Morehead even schedule KCU for a basketball game, I mean I know KCU usually dominates there christian conference there in, but come on now Morehead is a D-1 basketball school, its a small D-1 but still, and BTW this no disrespect or anything like that to KCU they are usually the dominating team in that christian conference but somebody tell me why they would schedule them?
RedSeal Wrote:Why would Morehead even schedule KCU for a basketball game, I mean I know KCU usually dominates there christian conference there in, but come on now Morehead is a D-1 basketball school, its a small D-1 but still, and BTW this no disrespect or anything like that to KCU they are usually the dominating team in that christian conference but somebody tell me why they would schedule them?

It don't sound like they totally dominated them by any means. I think Pikeville College beat KCU by around 20 also. I think Georgtown or Pikeville could beat Morehead.
RedSeal Wrote:Why would Morehead even schedule KCU for a basketball game, I mean I know KCU usually dominates there christian conference there in, but come on now Morehead is a D-1 basketball school, its a small D-1 but still, and BTW this no disrespect or anything like that to KCU they are usually the dominating team in that christian conference but somebody tell me why they would schedule them?

Several reasons:

1. It gives Morehead a chance to get needed minutes for reserves as a tune-up for tournament play.

2. It gave them a couple of days to rest in the middle of a tough conference schedule. The Morehead coach stressed that in the pre-game show on radio.

3. It is a local team, which is always good PR.

4. It is a money game for KCU, which is much needed for the athletic program, much like the Liberty U. game.

5. It is an exhibition game for KCU, so the loss does not count against them.

6. It is not an exhibition game for Morehead, so the win does count for them.

7. It bumps up the schedule for KCU, givimg them minutes against stronger competition as they head into tournament play.
Survivor Wrote:It don't sound like they totally dominated them by any means. I think Pikeville College beat KCU by around 20 also. I think Georgtown or Pikeville could beat Morehead.

Morehead never led by more than 24, which is a big change from the previous games between these two. Most of the game there was about a 16 point difference. Morehead led by 19 at the half, after a half-court shot at the buzzer made by Hackenburg, so there was only a three-point difference in the second half. This is one of the best teams KCU has ever had. They have beaten several NAIA schools. The competition in the NCCAA Division II has really picked up. There are a lot more games schedulled against NAIA and NCAA III and II, and a few Division I games like this one.
Congrats Morehead
Survivor Wrote:It don't sound like they totally dominated them by any means. I think Pikeville College beat KCU by around 20 also. I think Georgtown or Pikeville could beat Morehead.
Yea Pikeville could beat Morehead by 20.