Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Any News on Recruiting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally the team is starting to come together and its only January:biggrin:. But anyway, does anyone have any updates on recruiting; maybe on a Scotty Hopson, DeMarcus Cousins, etc.?
well i dont know if you know this or not but you can check or http://www.rivals.com, it usually has the latest recruiting information
yeah i actually look at that very often, along with scout.com, ESPN MCOLB briefing room, and etc. Just nothing has had a lot about Kentucky and I didn't know if maybe some one else knew more information than I already did...
Anymore news on Shawn Kemp Jr.??? Aparently it is going around on the net that he is coming to UK.
I hope whoever comes isnt a gaurd but if it is I hope its someone like Eric Gordin.
We Need BIG MEN and nothing else ...we have hardly any centers and forwards
CowboysAllTheWay Wrote:We Need BIG MEN and nothing else ...we have hardly any centers and forwards

Only three or four prospects in the top 150 are even CONSIDERING UK: one's 6'10, two are 6'6 and 6''5, and the fourth was shorter, but I forget- maybe 6'4?
CowboysAllTheWay Wrote:We Need BIG MEN and nothing else ...we have hardly any centers and forwards

I agree. We have enough guards. We need the big men. Big men that can actually play basketball and can be a factor.
we do need at least one more big guy, but past that we need to get the best available players. the game of college bball seems to be changing...we need long, lean, versitile players that can play many different positions.
DATCAT Wrote:we do need at least one more big guy, but past that we need to get the best available players. the game of college bball seems to be changing...we need long, lean, versitile players that can play many different positions.

I agree... but also i think that we can manage Jasper and Meeks for awhile..but if Patterson is not given any help (which i hope comes from Perry Stevenson... but i highly doubt it) we can expect teams to keeping doubling -down-low on him...

GO CATS
Here is a good write up on Matt Jones blog on current 2008 UK basketball recruits...

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=4820
Yea we for sure need some more Big Men, and as far as the guards go we are gonna have to replace Ramel Bradley, but we do have DeAndre Liggins coming in so we should be fine
The best we can hope for is a juco big. Somebody like Marvin Jefferson or Josh Harrelson. Wesley Withserspoon is an option but he is a big wing who is not a post threat. We are also tracking a few PG's. Antiquan Beckham is a JUCO G who is originally from Kentucky. Tyrone Appleton is a real possibility but i foresee him as a kansas jayhawk. Finally there is the big time, Mr. Scotty Hopson, who I think has the most upside of anyone in this class. UK is getting back in contact with him, so watch what happens with him. Also, a little tidbit, Shelvin Mack from Bryan Station, currently committed to Butler, is starting to get a look from the UK staff. I would not be surprised to see them turn up the heat on the hometown boy.
corndog23 Wrote:The best we can hope for is a juco big. Somebody like Marvin Jefferson or Josh Harrelson. Wesley Withserspoon is an option but he is a big wing who is not a post threat. We are also tracking a few PG's. Antiquan Beckham is a JUCO G who is originally from Kentucky. Tyrone Appleton is a real possibility but i foresee him as a kansas jayhawk. Finally there is the big time, Mr. Scotty Hopson, who I think has the most upside of anyone in this class. UK is getting back in contact with him, so watch what happens with him. Also, a little tidbit, Shelvin Mack from Bryan Station, currently committed to Butler, is starting to get a look from the UK staff. I would not be surprised to see them turn up the heat on the hometown boy.
Mack will not be a wildcat as stated in the Herald Leader last week. To bad though because after watching the proclaimed ''big 3''(Hopson, Miller and Mack) he is MOST DEF. the better. As far as Miller and Hopson go neither can play in the SEC. Miller is dime a dozen as bad as I want to admit it being a wildcat fanatic. He's a 6'6 wing who can't shoot nor handle the ball. Plus he has shown sign's of laziness. Hopson I cant say to much about(only seen him once) beside he looked to be an inconsisent shooter but does have boat load of ath. ability. We all know that athletic ability isnt enough to see the court at UK
corndog23 Wrote:The best we can hope for is a juco big. Somebody like Marvin Jefferson or Josh Harrelson. Wesley Withserspoon is an option but he is a big wing who is not a post threat. We are also tracking a few PG's. Antiquan Beckham is a JUCO G who is originally from Kentucky. Tyrone Appleton is a real possibility but i foresee him as a kansas jayhawk. Finally there is the big time, Mr. Scotty Hopson, who I think has the most upside of anyone in this class. UK is getting back in contact with him, so watch what happens with him. Also, a little tidbit, Shelvin Mack from Bryan Station, currently committed to Butler, is starting to get a look from the UK staff. I would not be surprised to see them turn up the heat on the hometown boy.

Yes this very true and BTW I love your Avatar Corndog23