Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kanam Nationals Cheer and Dance Competition.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know who all is going to this qualifications are everywhere....It's IN Myrtle Beach, SC This is a great Comp.
I know that McCreary Co. is going they are looking pretty good this year considering all the down falls they have had this year!
Can someone send me some info on this? Like where the qualification competitions are and stuff. I have all-star teams and we wouldn't go this year but maybe in years to come.
My team and I have been attending CANAM for nine years now and it is so much fun to compete there. Unlike UCA, CANAM judges you by what you put on the floor and they judge on how well you can do what you can do. For instance, if all you can do is cartwheels and straight up extensions and you hit them solid, you will score better than teams who are pulling messy heel stretches and bombing their tumbling passes. At least this theory holds true for the scholastic teams.

I was a member of my high school varsity team my eighth grade year when we brought home our third national championship from CANAM. They really judge you on your spirit and how good of a cheerleader you are, not a gymnast. It is so much fun competing there and I would highly recommend it to any small school or beginning all star team who focuses more on being cheerleaders than gymnasts. Big Grin