Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 78 - South Carolina 70
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Sheww, Im glad that one is over and we got the W. South Carolina can flat out shoot the ball.I think this was a big conf. win for us playing without Crawford.

Congrats Wildcats!

Bradley-26 pts 10 rebs 4 ast. 5/5 3pt. ( 1st double-double of the year)
UK battles back in the 2nd half and the Cats are playing Billy ball!!!! This is what some of us have been knowing would come!

Bradly 26 points (5-5 from 3), 10 rebounds 4 assists
Patterson 22 Points
This is what should have been happening all year. The talent has been there despite what many would like to say, and now the coaching and chemistry is starting to show which is a very good sign.
Congrats to KY!!!!!
this is the uk ball ive been waiting to see....2 big sec wins in a row.....bradley has turned it on is sec play....i believe patterson was 1 shy from 10 boards??
This is a great win for us. I think that if we keep playin like this we will make the tournament.
So many positive things coming out of this win, just like the Tennessee win. Two straight conference win v.s. Eastern division opponents is a big plus going into the heat of the conference play. I have never seen Ramel Bradley's confidence as high as it is right now since he has been there. Gillispie has him believing that he can be one of the best players in the conference if not the country. Patterson is just a flat out beast down low, and to be such a big force all around the paint, he has a soft touch when he shoots a little mid range jumper. As for South Carolina, Dave Odom had his guys ready to play today, they prove better than their 9-10 record, the Downey kid is a tough player and a lightning quick guard, but he was the only one for Carolina that was penetrating it to the goal today, everyone else was shooting 3's and SC went 12-30 from 3 land today. Perry Stevenson has played his best 2 games of his career so far. I was thinking if he can have a good stretch of 7 or 8 games with consistent scoring say 8-12 points (like today), 4-6 rebounds (like today), and 3-4 blocks (like today) that will get his confidence up a lot as the season goes on and would take a lot of stress off of Patterson's back as he is seeing more and more double teams every game. Overall great performance today by Kentucky even with the absence of Crawford. They will have a tough task on Feb. 2nd as they travel to 11-5 Georgia but G will have the Cats ready to play!
-STAT- Wrote:So many positive things coming out of this win, just like the Tennessee win. Two straight conference win v.s. Eastern division opponents is a big plus going into the heat of the conference play. I have never seen Ramel Bradley's confidence as high as it is right now since he has been there. Gillispie has him believing that he can be one of the best players in the conference if not the country. Patterson is just a flat out beast down low, and to be such a big force all around the paint, he has a soft touch when he shoots a little mid range jumper. As for South Carolina, Dave Odom had his guys ready to play today, they prove better than their 9-10 record, the Downey kid is a tough player and a lightning quick guard, but he was the only one for Carolina that was penetrating it to the goal today, everyone else was shooting 3's and SC went 12-30 from 3 land today. Perry Stevenson has played his best 2 games of his career so far. I was thinking if he can have a good stretch of 7 or 8 games with consistent scoring say 8-12 points (like today), 4-6 rebounds (like today), and 3-4 blocks (like today) that will get his confidence up a lot as the season goes on and would take a lot of stress off of Patterson's back as he is seeing more and more double teams every game. Overall great performance today by Kentucky even with the absence of Crawford. They will have a tough task on Feb. 2nd as they travel to 11-5 Georgia but G will have the Cats ready to play!

very well said
Well said STAT... The Cats played a really good game today and beat a very good USC team that had some really good players. Stevenson had another good game along with Patterson, what can you say about Bradley? He is finally learning how to take over games. If Kentucky can continue playing like this for the rest of the season then the Cats can make a run at the NCAA tournament.
Great game. Ive never seen a team shoot like USC though.
Yea i think we finally have some confidence now and won today without Joe Crawford, And how good has Ramel Bradley been this year?
Way to go Cats!
Hey keep Crawford out for now
Awesome game for the Cats! They have been playing great ball sinnce the conference play has started. Bradley has been playing great! So has Crawford, Patterson, and Stevenson! I think we will give the SEC championship a run! I know we can do it! Lets go Cats!
RavenBoy Wrote:Hey keep Crawford out for now

No No Now! I do agree he takes some bad shots but we have to in the lineup cause Jasper is truly only about 60 % and i do not wanna but in the porter kid in
Way to go UK.
Yeh Crawford V. Porter

Theres No Question, And I Would Love To See What He Looked Like On A Football Field...
good game for the cats again and big efforts by Bradley. i also can't believe i guessed the right score. thats awesome
Great win UK! I hope they can make a run at the SEC Title and get into the NCAA Tourney.
Great Win for the cats!!!! But do they get into the big dance, without winning the SEC tournament?????
Impressive win for the Cats. South Carolina is better than their record would show, and Devan Downey is a player. This is a good solid win to get, playing without Crawford. Bradley and Patterson are carrying the team right now, and we got great contribution from Stevenson and Jasper. I thought it was amazing that we seemed to play one of our better games, yet never could pull away from a feisty Carolina team. Still, we made the plays in the end when we needed to.

One of the best items in the linescore? Meeks played 38 minutes. That is great to see he is healthy enough to log that kind of playing time.
With this win UK moved to 135 in the RPI rankings. I think they where 185 last week. lol, at least were moving up in one poll.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html
Yea. In a couple years, we will be moving up the AP poll. To #1!!
Maybe things are turning around for UK Bball, Whether it is due to coaching or players. But it was nicer to see.
I think it is now safe to say that UK cannot play well without Derrick Jasper... though it doesnt show up on the scoreboard he gets the ball up the court and GIVES IT TO PATTERSON..(something Bradley has a problem doing)
and Jasper may be one of the best rebounding guards ever

No disrespect to Bradley he has been the main reason for UK's recent sucess (last few games/ not years) but give Jasper some credit