Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Andre' Woodson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The latest news from the Senior Bowl is that UK's beloved Woodsen hasn't played too well. According to SI his accuracy is horrible. They expect that this will cause him to drop out of the first two rounds.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/fo...index.html
I said it all along, Woodson will never play in the NFL.
Survivor Wrote:I said it all along, Woodson will never play in the NFL.

Not at QB, but think he could maybe play receiver?
BFritz Wrote:Not at QB, but think he could maybe play receiver?

You are joking, right? No way, he has a better chance playing QB. He can't run and is avoids contact. Do you really think he could take a big hit running across the middle? I don't.
launchpad4 Wrote:The latest news from the Senior Bowl is that UK's beloved Woodsen hasn't played too well. According to SI his accuracy is horrible. They expect that this will cause him to drop out of the first two rounds.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/fo...index.html

I think it is ridiculous that a couple of poor practices could cost him a shot at being drafted in the first round.
He still has the game to play. He can come out and throw all over the field. Fact is none of us is a draft analyst so we all need to hush, calm down and wait.
Amun-Ra Wrote:He still has the game to play. He can come out and throw all over the field. Fact is none of us is a draft analyst so we all need to hush, calm down and wait.

Very well put!!:Thumbs:

:thatsfunn

Maybe if he was as mobile as a Michael Robinson former QB at Penn State or Brad Smith former QB at Missouri. Everyone knows he not so he wouldn't have a chance at a WR in the NFL. As a QB though thats a different story of course. I really hope he improves his stock and is a 1st or 2nd round pick.
I actually watched the practices and Woodson DID NOT LOOK GOOD AT ALL! But you really cannot go from this because look what he done against the SEC in REAL GAMES! It was awesome because it seemed like every player while watching was wearing a UK helmet! Woodyard, Woodson, Little, Tamme, Burton...
BTW, MIKE SINGLETARY LOVES WOODYARD! And from him complimenting Woodyards play, IS BIG TIME for Woodyard and his draft status!
I dont think these prac. will cause Woodson to not get drafted. Like PB5 said look what he done in real games against the SEC. I think he will be not later than 2 round JMO.

-STATS- didnt Brad Smith play for Iowa?
MVP2 Wrote:I dont think these prac. will cause Woodson to not get drafted. Like PB5 said look what he done in real games against the SEC. I think he will be not later than 2 round JMO.

-STATS- didnt Brad Smith play for Iowa?

Yes he did and is now playing WR for the Jets the last I saw.
When I watched it Mike Martz thought he was best of the QB's their. He said he had been working with him on his arm positioning and he had the best drop back of any of the QB's. IMO he is still a Top 15 pick probably the second QB. Matt Ryan being the best and Brohm being third. Brohm not doing the Senior Bowl hurt his stock because he didn't really prove anything this season.
Does anyone have any info. on like Woodyard,Little,Tamme,etc.....
good Try
look at Tom Brady he was a 6th round pick
Woodson is very capable of playing in the nfl....just a couple of practices dont determine how well he played this recent college football year
Tomcat68 Wrote:Yes he did and is now playing WR for the Jets the last I saw.

He did go to Missouri where he played QB, but TC68 you are right he is playing WR for the Jets.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/pro...?pyid=8407
-STAT- Wrote:He did go to Missouri where he played QB, but TC68 you are right he is playing WR for the Jets.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/pro...?pyid=8407

Thanks for the correction. I half crossed Brad Smith and Brad Banks.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:When I watched it Mike Martz thought he was best of the QB's their. He said he had been working with him on his arm positioning and he had the best drop back of any of the QB's. IMO he is still a Top 15 pick probably the second QB. Matt Ryan being the best and Brohm being third. Brohm not doing the Senior Bowl hurt his stock because he didn't really prove anything this season.

You can't be serious. Louisville's offense was almost as good this year as in previous years. Their defense is what killed them. Brohm in every website or analysis is the second best qb, plus he played in a pro style offense.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Thanks for the correction. I half crossed Brad Smith and Brad Banks.

me too! lol
Launchpad, just my IMO. ESPN states this morning that not playing the Senior Bowl did hurt his stock. My biggest interest now is where Joe Flacco goes, rivals had him as 2 or 3 best QB.
Horrible
I say he will go late first, early second round!
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Launchpad, just my IMO. ESPN states this morning that not playing the Senior Bowl did hurt his stock. My biggest interest now is where Joe Flacco goes, rivals had him as 2 or 3 best QB.

I don't think it will hurt his status at all. No one is all over Ryan for missing. Plus this draft should be deep at qb, unfortunately for Woodson the last time a UK quarterback was in a deep qb draft he got taken by the worst team ever and it ruined what I think could have or should have been a very good career.
launchpad4 Wrote:I don't think it will hurt his status at all. No one is all over Ryan for missing. Plus this draft should be deep at qb, unfortunately for Woodson the last time a UK quarterback was in a deep qb draft he got taken by the worst team ever and it ruined what I think could have or should have been a very good career.

Woodson will be just fine. Don't be hatin', Launchpad4
:lmao:
if you all would look around a bit you would find that there are just as many decent reports on Woodson as there are bad ones. Todd McShay from ESPN has bashed Woodson all year. from what ive heard Mike Martz had Dre throwin alot of short timing patterns that did nothin to show off his arm strength...the biggest hit on Dre as its been all year is he holds the ball to long which was evident in the game with the fumble and sack for a safety. all and all i dont think he'll drop out of the first round and if he does not past the early second.
I dont think he will last long