Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Predictions For State Co-ed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Butler
Sheldon Clark
Elliot Co.
McCreary Central
Barren
Central Hardin
lloyd Memorial

These are the squads so far in no particular order what do you think will be the outcome?????.....?????....????
SC is not going now.....the seniors decided not to because there are MAJOR conflicts with 7 squad members from region (3 of them are flyers) and the routine had to change too much. I think they'll regret it but I can't make it for them. I just hate it for East Ridge now because they could have gone.
What kind of conflict would be more important than your STATE competition in your sport? I can't imagine not wanting to go to KAPOS state. This is very puzzling to me. ????????
colonelfan2001 Wrote:What kind of conflict would be more important than your STATE competition in your sport? I can't imagine not wanting to go to KAPOS state. This is very puzzling to me. ????????

I agree. Can't these girls set aside their differences and do what is best for their team?
East Ridge can still go. (I'm pretty sure) Check the website. They might have to send in a tape or something, but I'm positve that the runner-up gets to go in the absence the winner from the region.

*Any vacancies at the KAPOS State-At-Large competition will be filled with teams who competed at regional competition. (Details will be discussed at regional meetings.)

That is copied straight from the first page of KAPOS' website. Elliot County's routine was really good when I interned. So I think they'll do great
I'd like to see Sheldon Clark go. They worked hard and had a great routine.

-Now that I think about it, East Ridge probably can't go. If they didn't compete AT REGIONALS then they can't compete at State
5 of our girls (3 of them being flyers) have the national dance competition in Cincinnati that same weekend and their coach cannot work them out for that competition only. Or she wouldn't, I don't know. Anyway, both squads needed them and they couldn't really make the decision for themselves. I won't go into details for fear of stepping on somebody's toes or my words being taken the wrong way. I really can't blame their dance coach. Also, two of our guys wrestle and their state tournament is the same week.

And no, I don't think East Ridge can go because they didn't compete at Region.
i heard that the guy on East Ridge's squad transferred schools right before KAPOS...so they wouldnt have been able to do it anyway
Well that sucks...I would have loved to see the Cardinals at State. But big congrats on winning Region!!!
Too bad no one from the 15th is going! But I'll be for Elliott County though!

Good luck to the Lions!
Who would you predict to be in the top five???? I'd say Elliot, Central Hardin, McCreary, Butler or Montogomery will be in the top five??..What do you think>?
Id like to see McCreary be in the top 5. They always have been the under dogs and they are pretty good.
What other Co-ed teams are haveing to drop boys because of the state Wrestling tournement im sure they have wrestlers!. Any one know?
In small coed, the top 2 teams in the state are probably Reidland and Barren County. Reidland finished 2nd in the nation at UCA last year, and has another strong routine this year. Barren was 6th last year, and is hoping to move up this year. Teams that do well at UCA usually do well at KAPOS as their routines usually have good difficulty but are clean. They also put together stronger cheers than teams that don't attend UCA. You just can't overestimate how much going up against the best at UCA does for a team's confidence when they get to KAPOS.

In Large coed, there appears to only be 4 teams this year. This is probably because Graves County has won 3 titles in a row along with their 2 national titles. Most teams are trying their luck in small coed. Bullitt Central and Russell County are next in line, but Graves would probably have to have a bad day for either of them to beat them. Graves has no obvious weaknesses. Don't know much about Hancock County, but good luck to them!