Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky- 72 #5 Tennessee- 66
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.

YES!....The Wildcats upsets the #5 team in the nation to move 2-2 in conf.!!!!

This should give us A LOT of confindence!!!!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Bradley-10-10 FTs. 16 pts.
WOOHOO.... Were back to normal... for tonight anyway. Congrats Cats!!!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I love blue GO CATS
LOL...now lets hear the haters that had uk geeting beat change their tune...
WOO HOO!!

This is a great win for the Cats and I think now that Meeks and Jasper are healthy and Stevenson is playing the way he is the Cats are a real contender in the SEC.

Go Big Blue
Wow, Stevenson played awesome tonight!!!!
Ramel Bradley fails to get to the 20 point mark tonight for the first time in 7 games. Tonight though was the best game I have ever seen him play. Controlled the offense. Awsome denial on Lofton. Made far fewer bad decisions. Great free throw shooting.

Player of the game.
Billy Gillispie is the man!!
wats his stats?
Kentucky played awesome tonight...

Our Post play I think won us the game. Patterson and Stevenson played really good games, Jasper came up with some key rebounds, Bradley hit the free throws, and Crawford hit the 3's. Now that sounds like Kentucky basketball! I'll give credit to our defense too, they stayed in the Vols face all night and contested every shot. Smart coaching there from Gillespie there towards the end on the in-bounds.

GO BIG BLUE!
WOW...this is what i have been waiting to see...GO CATS
Of course I didn't watch the second half (well last 5 seconds or so I saw)...but GO CATS!!!!!
Best game i have seen kentucky play all year. Stevenson played a heck of a game. i hope to see more of this as the season continues.I also hope Bradley and Crawford step up in big games like they did tonight. UK is playing with confidence and somewhat healthy so watch out teams in the sec kentucky is coming for you.
Congrats Cats!!!
This is the team we should have had all season thus far. They played with heart and determination which IMO won it for them. I loved seeing with about 10 sec left Jasper and another UK player dive for a loose ball when we had the game basically sealed up. Good god Cats keep it up turn it around boys.
ALRIGHT!!! I didn't think UK would win. I thought Tenn would blow them out. But I was gladly wrong!! UK is back boys!
great game and win for the cats. stevenson played the best game of his uk career. bradley was clutch, and they are a much better team with coury and porter on the bench.
Great game... UK has been playing hard with a lot of heart!!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:This is the team we should have had all season thus far. They played with heart and determination which IMO won it for them. I loved seeing with about 10 sec left Jasper and another UK player dive for a loose ball when we had the game basically sealed up. Good god Cats keep it up turn it around boys.

thank you for bringing that up. They both showed great hustle and heart. It also showed me that Jasper is playing 110% and wanted to make sure we won that game. I think it was a little to risky for him to dive on the ball with a bad knee, but great effort. so lets go wildcats take down south carolina saturday.
sumj45 Wrote:great game and win for the cats. stevenson played the best game of his uk career. bradley was clutch, and they are a much better team with coury and porter on the bench.

amen to that. no disprect to them. but i agree
GREAT JOB CATS

Bradley was clutch
Stevenson played well all game
Patterson is just a beast
Crawford with the big 3's
and I think Jasper and Meeks healthy really helps.
:Cheerlead
The Cats played the best defense since the Ricky P days. Also Porter had another great game with 0 turnovers, that was huge for us to pull off this win. Now I am just waiting for Coury to have his best game with 0 minutes and 0 bad decisions, when this happens I think we will finally turn the corner.
This is the UK team that i want to see and that i new could play like they did tonight. They are much better with Porter and Coury on the bench who shouldnt even dress in a kentucky uniform IMO. I do believe if UK can play like they did tonight and keep up the good play down low they can end up being a force in the SEC.
Stevenson is finally stepping up, and being the player we need him to be. He is a major part of this success. Jasper & Meeks are also major parts. Kentucky is really starting to gel, and really buying into BillyG's system. Jasper and Meeks really helped this team with chemistry. I like the line-up of Bradley, Jasper, Meeks, Stevenson, & Patterson.. with Joe Crawford interchanging with Meeks & Jasper often. Right now, I don't think Ramon Harris, & Mark Coury are really contributing very much. I don't really know what Harris is capable of, but Coury just doesn't seem to have the skill nor toughness to contribute in the SEC. Sadly tho, those top 6 players seem like the only ones who are even worthy at being at UK. I do think AJ Stewart should be worked in a little too. I really can't wait until Jasper & Meeks get back in the shape they are capible of. When they do, watch out! But all in all, I feel as though this Kentucky team is making strides, and finally becoming a team.
Great win for UK, everybody played good and stepped it up. Still don't know why Coury starts though. Overall everything looked good tonight. I love seeing UK win especially against Tennessee in any situation especially considering they were ranked so highly.

Now it's time for me to stir the pot a bit I guess. Yeah we won tonight and we beat Vandy and some of you are saying Billy G. is the man and that this was the best defense since the Ricky P. days!? :eek: Let's take it one step at a time guys. Good win here, but things are still a little grim for our program on the season.
Just got home from Rupp.....the game was awesome!!!!!!!!!

I'll post more tomorrow...need sleep, 6:30 am comes early

Go Cats !!!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy
Solid win for the cats today. I thought overall they played even better than the Vandy game, but really they have played much harder since SEC play began. My thoughts on the game:

- Inside play kept us in the game when Tennessee was threatening to blow us out in the first 30 minutes. Patterson was dominating as he should, and Stevenson played with some fire and showed what he is capable of too. Didn't think there'd be too many games where we would win the battle on the inside this year, but it happened.

- Lockdown defense won the game in the second half. We simply put the clamps on Tennessee in the second half. If you throw out those two threes Lofton nailed in the last 12 seconds, Kentucky had held the Vols to 24 points in the half to that point. Wow! I was also especially impressed with the job Bradley did on Lofton in that half, he pretty much stayed in his jersey.

- Free throw shooting sealed the deal. In a year where the bright spots have been few and far between, this has been one of them. How many times in recent years has poor foul shooting come back to bite UK in the butt? Now this year we lead the SEC in FT shooting, with Bradley and Crawford sitting at 1-2, and Meeks also shoots over 80%. Very impressive.

Let's keep it going, Cats. Take care of business this weekend against Carolina.
More Cowbell Wrote:Solid win for the cats today. I thought overall they played even better than the Vandy game, but really they have played much harder since SEC play began. My thoughts on the game:

- Inside play kept us in the game when Tennessee was threatening to blow us out in the first 30 minutes. Patterson was dominating as he should, and Stevenson played with some fire and showed what he is capable of too. Didn't think there'd be too many games where we would win the battle on the inside this year, but it happened.

- Lockdown defense won the game in the second half. We simply put the clamps on Tennessee in the second half. If you throw out those two threes Lofton nailed in the last 12 seconds, Kentucky had held the Vols to 24 points in the half to that point. Wow! I was also especially impressed with the job Bradley did on Lofton in that half, he pretty much stayed in his jersey.

- Free throw shooting sealed the deal. In a year where the bright spots have been few and far between, this has been one of them. How many times in recent years has poor foul shooting come back to bite UK in the butt? Now this year we lead the SEC in FT shooting, with Bradley and Crawford sitting at 1-2, and Meeks also shoots over 80%. Very impressive.

Let's keep it going, Cats. Take care of business this weekend against Carolina.

yes, I was quite amazed as well. That just simply brilliant. Free Throws should be the easiet points to pick up, as are lay-ups. So glad we do have that part of the game up to par.
Rupp sure was rockin' tonight. Best game we've played all season. I was really impressed with our post offense in Patterson and Stevenson. Patterson played like a senior tonight. He had some monsterous rebounds and put-backs. We played solid D', shot FT's really well, and executed on the offensive end, and came away with the W. With Meeks and Jasper in the lineup, we are an entirely different team. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season....
I thought for sure that UK would get beat by 20. I am glas they won though.
Pages: 1 2