Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best middle school teams this year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
BOBCAT-BLACK & GOLD Wrote:Betsy Layne beat Hindman last nite by 20 in the championship of Rax tournment, would have to say BOBCATS must be at top of list...

AGREED!!!!:Thumbs:
That one blind school
virge and dorton will go far
So far I dont see anyone getting close to Betsy Layne. Beat Allen Central easily tonight.:howdy:
betsy layne beat ab combs the other day so they should be on that list
Is there a site like khsaa for the middle schools?
NEXT Wrote:Out of teams that I have seen play

1 - Johnson Central
2 - AB Combs
3 - Martin Co.
4 - Pikeville
5 - Paintsville
6 - Dorton

Any others have any thoughts?

Belfry has to be in their to
Betsy Layne has a very good team. Watching them play is more like watching a high school team play.
martin countys 8th grade is good but nothing compared to what we were last year
Hindman Is Low,but They Are Well Coached,Has Much Experience,He Runs The Floor,When They Keep Their Emotions In Line,These Kids Can Play,They Have A Pretty Good Left Handed Kid Who Can Be Outstanding SOme Games,I'm No Hindman Fan,But The Team Can Be Good.
i think martha jane potter is the best this year
Hindman is one of the meanest teams (or one of the meanest players) that I have saw play. Not to mention any names but one of their players tried to pull another players shorts down, trip another player. This kind of play is uncallled for if you can't beat someone fair then don't play.
Hindman Is Wild,Hindman Will Do Anything To Win,But Pulling someone Shorts Down Isn't Cheating,It Is Uncalled For I Most Definetly AGREE!But when The Team Keeps Their Emotions In Line Instead Of Fighting And Just Play The Game The Team Can Play,
I'm Gonna Have To Say Betsy Layne I've Watched Middle school Teams For about 15 years and i'd say betsy layne is prolly the best i've seen,
underdawg1 Wrote:I'm Gonna Have To Say Betsy Layne I've Watched Middle school Teams For about 15 years and i'd say betsy layne is prolly the best i've seen,

They are good, but the Virgie team that won state was probably the best I've seen. They went 39-1 during the 04-05 season, only losing to a team from Indiana. Basketball in Pike County was probably at its strongest a few years ago. We went 38-9 that season with 5 of those losses coming to Virgie and both of us played all over the state.

Do you know if Betsy Layne is playing in the KBA this season? I'd say they will because I think Coach Howard will want to get some exposure for his excellent team.
We Will Be Playing Bci And Kba Tournaments.

On Behalf Of These Boys I Want To Thank Everyone For The Compliments, Just Hope We Can Keep Improving Everyday.
Luv the Bobcats, they are a great team! Hindman was a pretty decent team and they are coached very well, in watching them against BL, they were a better team when they actually listened to their coach. One kid was kinda wild with the BL players and the BL fans, but that was one kid not the whole team. AB Combs, I thought gave BL the better game so far this season. Back to BL, I know these kids personally and you would not find a better group of young men on the court or off. The Virgie team that won state was awesome, aren't they the Shelby Valley team now?
Lady Mustang Coach Wrote:Luv the Bobcats, they are a great team! Hindman was a pretty decent team and they are coached very well, in watching them against BL, they were a better team when they actually listened to their coach. One kid was kinda wild with the BL players and the BL fans, but that was one kid not the whole team. AB Combs, I thought gave BL the better game so far this season. Back to BL, I know these kids personally and you would not find a better group of young men on the court or off. The Virgie team that won state was awesome, aren't they the Shelby Valley team now?

Very good POST!!!
Lady Mustang Coach Wrote:Luv the Bobcats, they are a great team! Hindman was a pretty decent team and they are coached very well, in watching them against BL, they were a better team when they actually listened to their coach. One kid was kinda wild with the BL players and the BL fans, but that was one kid not the whole team. AB Combs, I thought gave BL the better game so far this season. Back to BL, I know these kids personally and you would not find a better group of young men on the court or off. The Virgie team that won state was awesome, aren't they the Shelby Valley team now?

2 of Valley's starters are from Virgie, 2 from Dorton, and 1 from Pikeville. Of the 3 that get major minutes off the bench, 2 are from Dorton and 1 from Virgie. Daniel Harmon from Pikeville also played on that team. He would really have helped this Valley team also. That same year that Virgie won, we (Dorton) placed 5th out of approximately 60 teams. It was a great year for our middle schools and a sign of things to come--and these boys from SV are hoping to have the same success in high school.
scbmike1 Wrote:We Will Be Playing Bci And Kba Tournaments.

On Behalf Of These Boys I Want To Thank Everyone For The Compliments, Just Hope We Can Keep Improving Everyday.

You have done a good job with those boys. Good luck!
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:2 of Valley's starters are from Virgie, 2 from Dorton, and 1 from Pikeville. Of the 3 that get major minutes off the bench, 2 are from Dorton and 1 from Virgie. Daniel Harmon from Pikeville also played on that team. He would really have helped this Valley team also. That same year that Virgie won, we (Dorton) placed 5th out of approximately 60 teams. It was a great year for our middle schools and a sign of things to come--and these boys from SV are hoping to have the same success in high school.

I'm sorry, but I accidentally posted that one starter played middle school at Pikeville, but Deven Adams played at South Floyd.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:They are good, but the Virgie team that won state was probably the best I've seen. They went 39-1 during the 04-05 season, only losing to a team from Indiana. Basketball in Pike County was probably at its strongest a few years ago. We went 38-9 that season with 5 of those losses coming to Virgie and both of us played all over the state.

Do you know if Betsy Layne is playing in the KBA this season? I'd say they will because I think Coach Howard will want to get some exposure for his excellent team.

I think the Betsy Layne boys would consider it a great compliment just to be compared the the Virgie team that won state. And just maybe when they get to high school they might have the same success that those boys have had.
NEXT Wrote:Out of teams that I have seen play

1 - Johnson Central
2 - AB Combs
3 - Martin Co.
4 - Pikeville
5 - Paintsville
6 - Dorton

Any others have any thoughts?

ok y dont u have millard in front of dorton and paintsville........they beats them both at there home court......
viking_fan7 Wrote:ok y dont u have millard in front of dorton and paintsville........they beats them both at there home court......

Adams probably isn't top 5 in area, but they beat Millard by 20 two days in a row and actually led 44-8 after three quarters in the second meeting. Millard has some good players but not top 5 or 6 in area.
Millard is definately not top 5 or even top 15 in the region with the way we have played of late. We played good ball and beat some good teams earlier in the year. We haven't built on those early season wins. We have gotten worse or everybody else has gotten alot better.
viking_fan7 Wrote:ok y dont u have millard in front of dorton and paintsville........they beats them both at there home court......

What about Virgie?They've beat Dorton both times they met,and beat Millard.Virgie has not lost a game in their conference 6-0. Also they beat Belfry.The only team around here that's beat Virgie is Besty Layne and they could give some high school teams a game.

For everyone responding to this old post, it is from last season!!! Virgie and Millard were neither one of the top teams last year.

For this season, Virgie definitely is, and Millard has the potential to be.
Wayne County has a really good 6th grade team.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:For everyone responding to this old post, it is from last season!!! Virgie and Millard were neither one of the top teams last year.

For this season, Virgie definitely is, and Millard has the potential to be.

Oops ! The post was posted today, somebody was lost huh ?
canoeman06 Wrote:Oops ! The post was posted today, somebody was lost huh ?

Virgie beat a good Jenkins team tonight at Jenkins by 16.Tough game,the refs wouldn't let Virgie get into there running game,calling alot of cheap fouls.But a really good win for virgie,and Jenkins also played well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7