Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best middle school teams this year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Betsy Layne also beat Belfry in a scrimmage at MCA hoopfest !!!
i think allen b team but not a team...they have not been good in the past but they have changed
I believe we should all watch the Virgie team thi year. Don't know much about their school team as a whole but I did see them on Saturday and Sunday, 12/01 and 12/02 . They have some boys that truly have the love for basketball !!! They all played really hard and played as a team. They have all determined players. Oh, by they way they won the 7th grade championship!!!! Played some real good teams , such as SEBASTAIN, ROSS POINT, and PIKEVILLE!!!! The Richardson kid, as well as the Caudill kid and oh, well, all the team showed that they can play balll !!
Lets not forget to mention that there was alot of 6th grade teams in this tourney.
Virgie is a good team when they share the ball but when they play selfish they are below average. No player stood out this weekend and that is why they played well.
Surly had some 6th graders in this tourney!! Some of the winners were mostly 6th graders. All teams that played 7th teams were truly not all 7th graders, some of them were 6th graders playing other 7th graders, but there was some real talent in the chasmpionship games. All players are to be commended for the effort that all teams put into this tourney!!!!
I watch you! Wrote:Surly had some 6th graders in this tourney!! Some of the winners were mostly 6th graders. All teams that played 7th teams were truly not all 7th graders, some of them were 6th graders playing other 7th graders, but there was some real talent in the chasmpionship games. All players are to be commended for the effort that all teams put into this tourney!!!!

There was also alot of 4th and 5th graders in this tourney. Dave didn't get enough teams and just threw them all together.
So, now lets just blame Dave? Don't know why its so hard for some people to accept factl!!!!!
Lets don't go blaming Dave!! Never forget " The way we react to losing is a bad influence on or kids". So be careful and don't teach them to blame others when we lose!!!!
4th,5th,and 6th grade teams were together but the 7th grade division had a mixture of 6th and 7th grade players. 8 teams in the 7th grade division.
Thought there were so standouts, for instance the Newsome kid had the best rebounding game that they played in the tourney, not to mention the other obvious plays that were exceptional between all the players. Could mention very good plays by other teams as well, Sebastain had a gread group of kids as did Ross Point. That is one team , Ross Point, that showed great sportsmanship as well. They had a rough time playing Pikeville. On Saturday the fouls were Ross Point 19 Pikeville either 1 or 2!! What does that say???????
Eagle42 Wrote:Johnson co. 6th grade team is one of the best teams I saw.So I believe that means they have a great future.

Stinnett Elem. in Leslie Co. has the best 5/6 boys team, in my opinion, in Eastern Ky.
Betsy Layne also beat Paintsville this week, 8th grade..and play Millard sat....
well South Floyd and Betsy Layne has a good team.
MR. Slate Wrote:I believe Johnson County has the the best 6th grade bunch in Eastern KY.

out of the 08-09 six grader teams that i have saw play central elm. and higland elm. are really good....so is porter......

central....
G-Luke Vance
G-Mason Blair
G-Geordon Blanton
F-Brady Cline
C-Bradley Hall
6-Braxton Kelly
coach Eddie Blair
Vance can handle the ball really well and so can blair.......Geordon likes floaters and is very quick....The cline kid can shoot and is strong with the ball.....The Hall kid is tall like his brother(you may know Shane Hall) and is a good rebounder.Don't really know much about Kelly....

highland......
G-Dalton Adkins
G-Jerry-Austin McCarty
F-Clarke Sexton
F-James Rowland
C-Tristan Salyer
6-Ryan Murray
7-Harrison Burchett
8-Jesse Vanhoose
9-Hunter Hall
10-Grant Burkett
coach-Brad Frisby
Adkins lightning quick, timid shooter, good ball handler
McCarty great shooter, good free throw shooter, smart
Sexton not too fast, great shooter, tends to panic(sometimes)
James Rowland vetern forward, good shooter, nice big man
Salyer slow, good rebounder, decent free throw shooter
Murray dead on shooter, excelent 3 pt shooter, smart, complected
Burchett vesatile player, smart, good shooter, good "and 1" player
Vanhoose good rebounder, fast, not the best shooter
Hall-good rebounder, not very fast, good "and 1" player
Burkett-5th grader good ball handler, good shooter

Porter

G-Zac Slone
G-Travis Powers
G-Caleb Price
F-Zac Salyer
F-Josh Hitchcock
coach-larry fannin
*dont know much about their team only saw them play once
Wesely has a great team
Cowan is really good this year. Probably one of the top 5.
In my opinion its Betsy Layne. Undefeated on the year and will play in the semi-finals thursday in the Rax Invitational Tournement. Defeated a very good Virgie team tonight. Go BOBCATS!:beavis:
What was the score in the Virgie - Betsy Layne game?
Betsy Layne 44 Virgie 28
scbmike1 Wrote:Betsy Layne 44 Virgie 28

The game I would love to see is Betsy Layne and Hazard,or BL and Harold Whitaker.Harold Whitaker is even bigger than BL,HW has one of the best point guards I've seen.AB Combs and BL will be a dandy,the winner of this game will win the whole thing.
wildcats88 Wrote:The game I would love to see is Betsy Layne and Hazard,or BL and Harold Whitaker.Harold Whitaker is even bigger than BL,HW has one of the best point guards I've seen.AB Combs and BL will be a dandy,the winner of this game will win the whole thing.

Johnson Co. beat Herald Whitaker by 1 at home, they are 2 even teams.
cart man Wrote:Johnson Co. beat Herald Whitaker by 1 at home, they are 2 even teams.

well Betsy Layne beat johnson central and there big and fast.:flame:
Betsy Layne did beat JC in a scrimmage. I know that JC did not play any 7th graders in that game. Betsy Layne is a very good team. Hamiton is a very good player. He has help in Hall, Spencer, Case and Tincher and a couple off of the bench. I have friends at Betsy Layne and wish the players, fans and coaches the best of luck. Out of the 14th and 15th regions I would put them in the top 5.
cart man Wrote:Betsy Layne did beat JC in a scrimmage. I know that JC did not play any 7th graders in that game. Betsy Layne is a very good team. Hamiton is a very good player. He has help in Hall, Spencer, Case and Tincher and a couple off of the bench. I have friends at Betsy Layne and wish the players, fans and coaches the best of luck. Out of the 14th and 15th regions I would put them in the top 5.

I meant Daniels sorry for getting the name wrong.
Betsy Layne Beat a real good A.B. Combs team last night 47 to44..will be in championship tonite against hindman
i think that paintsvilles 6th grade team could beat johnson central. paintsvilles 6th grade team is full and strong and r well coached.
slingblade93 Wrote:Martin Co 8th grade is hard to beat if they are on.

Martin plays Paintsville at Inez on the 15 come out and watch:Thumbs:
Any info on Boyd County players?
Betsy Layne beat Hindman last nite by 20 in the championship of Rax tournment, would have to say BOBCATS must be at top of list...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7