Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best middle school teams this year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
NEXT Wrote:Out of teams that I have seen play

1 - Johnson Central
2 - AB Combs
3 - Martin Co.
4 - Pikeville
5 - Paintsville
6 - Dorton

Any others have any thoughts?

Mullins
They were beating Johnson Countys 8th grade by 18 in the third quarter when an all out brawl took place...Sms's two shooting gaurds werent even on fire either....Sms is a good team. They beat Clay County by 28
sms middle school should be in there... they are 6-0 this season and beat johnson central by 18....so u should open up the options there all teams from one area
Hazard 7th graders beat Dorton 8th graders.
Hazard 7th graders beat Virgie 8th graders.
Hazard 8th graders beat Belfry, Pikeville and Johnson Co. all by a wide margin.
They have beat Magoffin, Whitesburg, Wolf, and won 2 big tournaments at the Knott Co sports-plex. The Hazard 8th graders have maybe played two or three games with all of there players together. They will make a run at the state title if they get to keep all the players playing middle school and off the High School and JV team. They basically will play anybody anywhere and have had a hard time finding games. A lot of the time they play without a few of the 8th graders due to conflicts with other games. Anyone interested in playing can contact Hazard High's principle (Happy) about playing.
WE (BETSY LAYNE) WOULD LIKE TO PLAY. WE HAVE OPEN DATE ON DEC.22 OR DEC.23.
PLEASE GET BACK TO ME.

THANKS, COACH HOWARD
606-422-7716
[email]SCB_MIKE1@HOTMAIL.COM[/email]
You are leaving out R.W. Combs who I think will win county championship with big Dalton Cornett and Daniel Messer leading them all the way. You just wait and see.
Bigdaddy1 Wrote:Hazard 7th graders beat Dorton 8th graders.
Hazard 7th graders beat Virgie 8th graders.
Hazard 8th graders beat Belfry, Pikeville and Johnson Co. all by a wide margin.
They have beat Magoffin, Whitesburg, Wolf, and won 2 big tournaments at the Knott Co sports-plex. The Hazard 8th graders have maybe played two or three games with all of there players together. They will make a run at the state title if they get to keep all the players playing middle school and off the High School and JV team. They basically will play anybody anywhere and have had a hard time finding games. A lot of the time they play without a few of the 8th graders due to conflicts with other games. Anyone interested in playing can contact Hazard High's principle (Happy) about playing.

Johnson County 7th beat Hazard 7th in ot. It was a great game.
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:Johnson County 7th beat Hazard 7th in ot. It was a great game.
I have followed qiute a few different teams in the 2008-09 season of both MS and High school sports. I t is my opinion that the Virgie Eagles are going to be the team to beat in the District Play-offs. Owen Caudill stands out among his team-mates as does Dalton Richardson, and Chandler Rowe. I think Owen Caudill needs to play point guard because that position was made for him. Unlike other members of the team are not qiute as strong but as a group the team works very well together much like a well oiled machine. Good Luck Teams
Hold back kids to play sports is silly!Shouldn't a 14 or 15 year old kid beat a 11 or 12 year old kid?What does that prove?Not one thing.Kids holding back and 12 years old in the 5 grade.Come on people,wake up.There's more to life than sports.And one more thing.How many kids from around here make a living at playing basketball?None!Put them through school for the right reason's,education.
I never got to see the Virgie and Feds Creek game,but from what I hear it was a good one.Virgie came away with a 5 point win.Feds Crk.,what happened?Heard the real young eagles blowed a 21 point lead.Also heard the refs. helped out.Talk through the Holidays was Vigie is Folding.Or just maybe,Virgie's not playing the right line-up!!!!!When I seen them play,the second unit was the best team! A whole lot faster line-up!!!! At first I thought they could win it all this year and next,but,,from what i'm hearing,I might ought to change my pick.
Wow Wildcat88 sounds like your a bitter parent of a kid that should have been held back. If sports isn't that important why are you complaining about holdback kids??????
millard has some good talent .. they have already beat belfry a and b team , might wanna watch out for them they look pretty good this year
Lambert #1 Wrote:Wow Wildcat88 sounds like your a bitter parent of a kid that should have been held back. If sports isn't that important why are you complaining about holdback kids??????

No not at all. My kid is great,starts and does real well.also has a 4.0 grade point.I'm just saying they go farther in life on brains,not sports around here.Like I said,name me one person that makes aliving playing basketball from around here.You can't name one..What's it prove to hold back.A 15 year old should beat a 11 year old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kitty_cat Wrote:millard has some good talent .. they have already beat belfry a and b team , might wanna watch out for them they look pretty good this year

Millard did beat Belfry,but they had driven from Johnson Central from a tournament they had been playing in.Also,didn't Dorton beat Millard.
Millard also played a very tough Hazard bunch that same night, before we played Hazard. It was the first and second game of the preseason, and the boys were tired, but I am not makin excuses, because Dorton played very well against us.
wildcats88 Wrote:Millard did beat Belfry,but they had driven from Johnson Central from a tournament they had been playing in.Also,didn't Dorton beat Millard.

We played well that night. I think on any given night, either team could win. Millard's athleticism will give lots of teams problems. Virgie is quick and pretty athletic as well. Their press is the determining factor in a lot of their games.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:We played well that night. I think on any given night, either team could win. Millard's athleticism will give lots of teams problems. Virgie is quick and pretty athletic as well. Their press is the determining factor in a lot of their games.

You are right.I 've watched both of these teams alot,and I don't think Millard can stop the big boy from Dorton.Stop him and you stop Dorton.He's the only player only Dorton's team.I understand the game Dorton beat Millard was at Dorton.The refs. at Dorton is the worst I've seen in along time.As for Virgie,their press is what makes them roll.I've watched Millard play alot this year and I don't think they can handle the press.
mcolem00 Wrote:Millard also played a very tough Hazard bunch that same night, before we played Hazard. It was the first and second game of the preseason, and the boys were tired, but I am not makin excuses, because Dorton played very well against us.

Hazard also never played their real starting 5.They have 3 guys that plays on the high school team.One of those kids played against Valley back in the summer and done outstanding.Hazard most of the time plays their 7th graders against everyone else's 8th grade team.Hazard is tough,the best team I've seen so far.
Has anyone heard about a schedule for the Rax Tournament?
scbmike1 Wrote:WE (BETSY LAYNE) WOULD LIKE TO PLAY. WE HAVE OPEN DATE ON DEC.22 OR DEC.23.
PLEASE GET BACK TO ME.

THANKS, COACH HOWARD
606-422-7716
[email]SCB_MIKE1@HOTMAIL.COM[/email]

Check with Virgie..Their pretty good.
kitty_cat Wrote:millard has some good talent .. they have already beat belfry a and b team , might wanna watch out for them they look pretty good this year

in a scrimmage after they had played 2 games earlier
wildcats88 Wrote:Hazard also never played their real starting 5.They have 3 guys that plays on the high school team.One of those kids played against Valley back in the summer and done outstanding.Hazard most of the time plays their 7th graders against everyone else's 8th grade team.Hazard is tough,the best team I've seen so far.

They were very quick and very athletic to be 7th graders, but that same bunch of boys beat Virgie too...but like I said earlier it was early, and I am not saying we are better than Virgie or Dorton, but I am also not saying they are better than us...I don't bash other team players because they are just kids. But I believe that on any given night any of those 3 teams (Dorton, Virgie, Millard) can beat anybody.
wildcats88 Wrote:You are right.I 've watched both of these teams alot,and I don't think Millard can stop the big boy from Dorton.Stop him and you stop Dorton.He's the only player only Dorton's team.I understand the game Dorton beat Millard was at Dorton.The refs. at Dorton is the worst I've seen in along time.As for Virgie,their press is what makes them roll.I've watched Millard play alot this year and I don't think they can handle the press.

I will agree with a few things you said, but I have seen bad referees everywhere. Just ask Doe Doe who is the worst ref he has seen all year. He'll tell you that he refereed at Virgie.

The assigning secretary for high school need to assign referees for grade school also. That way, people could stop blaming the referees for every loss they have.
I agree with you about the refs at Virgie but another school that is as bad for their refs or worse is Jenkins. Have you played them at home this year? We played there last year and I thought it was bad then but it is worse this year.
I have heard the same things about referees at almost every school this season, and the season has just begun. I have coached for 12 years, and I never blame the refs for a loss after the game. I especially don't say anything to other coaches about it or call out particular schools for bad refs. The reason I mentioned Virgie was that me and Doe Doe had discussed how bad a certain official was. Doe didn't know that before he got him, but it certainly had no bearing on the outcome of the game. I can admit when I get beat without having to find someone to blame.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I will agree with a few things you said, but I have seen bad referees everywhere. Just ask Doe Doe who is the worst ref he has seen all year. He'll tell you that he refereed at Virgie.

The assigning secretary for high school need to assign referees for grade school also. That way, people could stop blaming the referees for every loss they have.

We are doing this at Belfry this year. Shawn Hall assigns EVERY SINGLE ref for anyone playing at BMS.

I hope all Pike County Schools follow suit, but there is only one place in Pike County I have had while coaching BMS and Bevins.....................................and its not Virgie, Dorton, or Pikeville.
NEXT Wrote:We are doing this at Belfry this year. Shawn Hall assigns EVERY SINGLE ref for anyone playing at BMS.

I hope all Pike County Schools follow suit, but there is only one place in Pike County I have had while coaching BMS and Bevins.....................................and its not Virgie, Dorton, or Pikeville.

How did you go about getting him to assign the games? I would love to do that.
How are some of the other teams like Phelps, Johns Creek and Betsy Layne?
out of all of the Betsy Layne is the best.:1:
betsy layne 8th beat johnson central 8th in scrimmage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7