Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Florida-81 vs Kentucky-70 Overtime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Sad Sad Sad
What the heck happened in overtime?
I thought the Cats put up a great fight, we just ran outta gas in the overtime.
I think had we not had more turnovers than fieldgoals at halftime, there probably wouldn't have even been a need for an overtime.
Good effort Cats, just a little bit short.

On a side note, who agrees that ESPN needs to change its emblem to a Gator with a picture of Tim Tebow's face on it? I think that Tebow got more air time than BCG got, a little bit ridiculous in my opinion.
If Patterson, Meeks, and Stevenson hadnt fouled out i think we probably wouldve won.

....Anyone one else think its crazy that Harris is starting. Hes an alright rebounder and he hustles but has no offensive talent what so ever.
Running Man Wrote:I thought the Cats put up a great fight, we just ran outta gas in the overtime.
I think had we not had more turnovers than fieldgoals at halftime, there probably wouldn't have even been a need for an overtime.
Good effort Cats, just a little bit short.

On a side note, who agrees that ESPN needs to change its emblem to a Gator with a picture of Tim Tebow's face on it? I think that Tebow got more air time than BCG got, a little bit ridiculous in my opinion.

Well he's the Heisman winner...and hes a great player.
Congrats to Florida and great effort by the Cats. It looked like they where playing better tonight and as a team. Cats could of won but Florida just hit their free throws when it matter!
Good effort by the Wildcats! But the Wildcats should have won this game and when you wait until the end of the game to try and win it, you sometimes don't! This Wildcat team still isn't playing at its potential. They need to get it together. You shouldn't play within 9 points of the #1 NC team at the time and lose to Gardner Webb on your home floor in the same season. This team has had some adversity, but they need to get it together.
colts12 Wrote:If Patterson, Meeks, and Stevenson hadnt fouled out i think we probably wouldve won.

....Anyone one else think its crazy that Harris is starting. Hes an alright rebounder and he hustles but has no offensive talent what so ever.

I can't understand why Harris and Coury both start and get early playing time but seldom see the floor in the 2nd half.

:confused:
I think it was pretty obvious using the smaller 4 guard lineup of Jasper, Meeks, Bradley, and Crawford with Patterson inside was a turning point in the game. With those guys on the floor UK started battling back. This is the same lineup everyone has been wanting to see all season, but haven't been able to due to injury. Hopefully we'll be seeing a lot more of it.
Well lets see, I picked Miss. State to beat UK 69-63, and they beat them 69-64. I picked Florida to win this game 81-70, and Florida won 81-70, lol..On a roll!!
why play coury, why play harris????Why not go to paintsville or clay county and get some county boys like farmer and pelfry,,,,,you can't tell me harris and coury were good in high school.
Kentucky played pretty good, but once again it was 3 vs. 5 each time on the court. Billy Gillespie done some really good coaching to get this game to goto overtime. Turnovers is what killed Kentucky but I liked the aggressiveness from Stevenson, but he played a little too aggressive and fouled out quite early in the game.
Good Game, Florida is a good team.
RavenBoy Wrote:Good Game, Florida is a good team.

Whatever! No offense, but neither UK nor UF are in the top 25. Florida is a good team for their experience level if that is how you meant it. Otherwise, I wouldn't agree.
kentucky may have got beat, but they are still not 100% as a team. jasper is playing but you can tell he is not fully recovered from the injury. i think it will get better as the season goes along. But how does everyone fill about Tuesdays game against Tenneessee.
Turnovers have been a major problem all year. If the cats turn the ball over like that against Tennessee then I see at least a 15 point loss.
Florida 28-40 from free throw line UK 16-18 say what you want but something is wrong with those numbers and florida fouled as much as UK no calls.
The 'Cats effort is getting better each game. But it is still going to be a year or 2 before we start getting quality wins again with regularity.
I thought the Cats were playing good in the second half. I thought we was gonna win in OT when Ramel hit that three to send it into overtime. But, I was sadly mistaken. But the Cats pu tup a great fight.
blackcat_student Wrote:Kentucky played pretty good, but once again it was 3 vs. 5 each time on the court. Billy Gillespie done some really good coaching to get this game to goto overtime. Turnovers is what killed Kentucky but I liked the aggressiveness from Stevenson, but he played a little too aggressive and fouled out quite early in the game.

Billy Gillespie got really lucky that Bradley hit a three pointer to send it to overtime. BCG never does any good coaching, all he does is squat down and smirk!!
I believe i heard recently on here that bradley was a top 10 worst player to ever play at uk.....somehow now hes the king here
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I believe i heard recently on here that bradley was a top 10 worst player to ever play at uk.....somehow now hes the king here

Haha..I heard the same thing.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I believe i heard recently on here that bradley was a top 10 worst player to ever play at uk.....somehow now hes the king here

Yes, you heard correctly. I still stand by that statement. For ever time he scores 20 he cancels himself out with poor shot selection and turnovers. I think the whole entire bb program is horrible. They have only one standout player in Patterson and even he's starting to play like the rest of the team. He seems to be having problems with ever shot he shoots getting blocked. This team is horrible and will be lucky to win 10 games.