Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Indiana-65 vs Minnesota-60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Tubby almost got win #400.
sux...srry tubby...maybe next time
Minnesota never gave up in this game. They missed a wide three with like, 5 seconds left. That would've tied the game up. Good try Tubby. Maybe you'll get it next time.
What happened to all the tubby haters out there??? When he was at uk everyone was hating on him...but now since he's winning at minnesota he has alot of support
bobcatfan22 Wrote:What happened to all the tubby haters out there??? When he was at uk everyone was hating on him...but now since he's winning at minnesota he has alot of support

Here we go again... Tubby Smith, fine man, fine bench coach...but he recruited in such a way his last few years that he left the UK program less athletic than WAY too many teams. I am not a Tubby hater; however, I will never forget the decline in the UK program that steadily crept in under his watch. I wish him all the success in the world at Minnesota, a whole basket full of 21-11 seasons and round of 32 exits, but none of that changes what happened at UK during his overall tenure.
This was a a great game, congrats to Indiana on the win. I was rooting for Minnesota not because Tubby is there, but because I despise Indiana!
thecavemaster Wrote:Here we go again... Tubby Smith, fine man, fine bench coach...but he recruited in such a way his last few years that he left the UK program less athletic than WAY too many teams. I am not a Tubby hater; however, I will never forget the decline in the UK program that steadily crept in under his watch. I wish him all the success in the world at Minnesota, a whole basket full of 21-11 seasons and round of 32 exits, but none of that changes what happened at UK during his overall tenure.
yeah, and with UK sitting at 7-8, wouldnt you take a 21-11/round of 32 season right now?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah, and with UK sitting at 7-8, wouldnt you take a 21-11/round of 32 season right now?

Nope. I just cant wait until Billy G gets a season or two under his belt.
vundy33 Wrote:Nope. I just cant wait until Billy G gets a season or two under his belt.
Oh I couldnt agree more. I believe that Billy Clyde will right the ship, but Im saying, right now, as in this very season, I dont think theres a UK fan on earth that wouldnt take a 21-11 season..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Oh I couldnt agree more. I believe that Billy Clyde will right the ship, but Im saying, right now, as in this very season, I dont think theres a UK fan on earth that wouldnt take a 21-11 season..
I would rather have Billy G right now than Tubby. I dont understand you people. We cant be great every year. Once in awhile we have to stink, its the same with every team.
RavenBoy Wrote:I would rather have Billy G right now than Tubby. I dont understand you people. We cant be great every year. Once in awhile we have to stink, its the same with every team.
you are exactly right every team has a down period and besides at least we are actually beating some rank teams now!!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah, and with UK sitting at 7-8, wouldnt you take a 21-11/round of 32 season right now?

"The darkest hour is just before dawn"
I am glad he lost. Look at the shape he left us in. He came in we UK was at it's highest and he left when it was going down.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I am glad he lost. Look at the shape he left us in. He came in we UK was at it's highest and he left when it was going down.

Yeah, really classy,Rolleyes I don't see how anyone could wish a man like Tubby Smith anything but success.