Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Hires New DB's Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=763084

Hopefully he can put David Jones at one position instead of two. So he can grow at that position.
How many times did Jones get burnt this year? He is a special teams player in the SEC and that is a stretch. I don't want to take anything away from Jones, just think he would have been better off somewhere else where he would get to play more. I thought the defense had gotten better the last year or so. Did the old coach get fired or leave for a better job?
David Jones didn't get burnt that bad...everyone thought it was him that gave UT that last touchdown but it wasn't, it was the safety if I'm not mistaken.
vundy33 Wrote:David Jones didn't get burnt that bad...everyone thought it was him that gave UT that last touchdown but it wasn't, it was the safety if I'm not mistaken.
You are correct here. They were in a zone and Jones let the man go when he started to go deep. The safety was supposed to pick him up. Jones will never be a top CB in the SEC, but he can be a solid probably 3rd guy for the Cats.
You also have to remember that Jones wasn't 100% until the Florida State game.
slingblade93 Wrote:How many times did Jones get burnt this year? He is a special teams player in the SEC and that is a stretch. I don't want to take anything away from Jones, just think he would have been better off somewhere else where he would get to play more. I thought the defense had gotten better the last year or so. Did the old coach get fired or leave for a better job?

The other coach was a WV alumni and returned to help WV build back their program.