Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mark Coury
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is he the worst player to ever put on a UK uniform? I think so
sumj45 Wrote:Is he the worst player to ever put on a UK uniform? I think so

Probably not the worst, but definitely the worst to ever start and get the consistent playing time.
I think it's a toss up between him and Porter. I would also have to put Bradley in the top ten. I'll say this, Bradley is the worst point guard ever to play at KY.
gish Wrote:Probably not the worst, but definitely the worst to ever start and get the consistent playing time.

Yeah, he's definitely not the worst, but he plays way more than a guy with his talent level should be. And he should never be taking a shot unless he is wide open and closer than 5 feet in. Smile
We shouldnt be bashing players!
MVP2 Wrote:We shouldnt be bashing players!

I don't really think it's bashing, just valid criticism. Coury does give a good effort, the talent just isn't there. You have to admit, the guy plays way more minutes than he should.
sumj45 Wrote:Is he the worst player to ever put on a UK uniform? I think so

No. He may rank up there in the top 10 but you gotta give him credit, he works harder than anybody else out there on the floor.
Survivor Wrote:I think it's a toss up between him and Porter. I would also have to put Bradley in the top ten. I'll say this, Bradley is the worst point guard ever to play at KY.

Bradley is better then Saul Smith IMO.
Mark Coury is definetly in the top 5...
Coury is not even close to the worst.... Sheray Thomas is by far the worst player we have ever had at UK that actually got quality playing time. End of story....
Mark Coury is bad, don't get me wrong, but who else is there to put in his place? Not one person on that bench is any better. Perry Stevenson can't catch the ball. Jared Carter is a waste of 7 feet, as is the Williams kid, and Porter is too timid. The one person that I could see being a contributor off the bench is AJ Stewart. Why he hasn't played any is beyond me. He looks as though he has some real potential, but doesn't get the opportunity to show it.
BCF4L Wrote:, as is the Williams kid, .

Based on what? Nobody has even got to watch him play yet.
If your criticism were valid you would be citing players from more than just the present era of UK basketball. Coury is a good player, and a Walk On! starting ahead of how many people. Does that make everyone he's starting ahead of worse than he is? If so than your argument is totally asinine. Coury hustles and is better than most walk ons.
I think it is extremely ridiculous to say so and so is the worst player to ever wear a UK uniform. I'm not saying it's wrong or anything, but I find it hard to deliver such harsh critisism to anyone who is talented enough to even get the oppurtunity to wear the Blue and White. Coury is obviously working extremely hard or he would not be starting. Just because someone is less talented than other players does not mean he's the "worst ever."
Survivor Wrote:I think it's a toss up between him and Porter. I would also have to put Bradley in the top ten. I'll say this, Bradley is the worst point guard ever to play at KY.

Are you serious?
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Are you serious?

LOL yeah that was a dumb statement IMO...guess everyone hates Bradley. Man I hate him one minute but as soon as he hits a shot I start talking about how good he is...Cool
he ranks high up their among the worst
vundy33 Wrote:LOL yeah that was a dumb statement IMO...guess everyone hates Bradley. Man I hate him one minute but as soon as he hits a shot I start talking about how good he is...Cool

I think he is a good player who gives a great effort every time he takes the court.
Yes IMO he is the worst player ive seen in UK uniform
Ramel Bradley has had 5 straight games with 20+ points.... 5 STRAIGHT!
blackcat_student Wrote:Ramel Bradley has had 5 straight games with 20+ points.... 5 STRAIGHT!

Yeah, and five straight games that he has probably cost KY 20 points, so he basically worth 0 points to the team.Smile
i think bradley is pretty good. i mean he is no where near the best but i dont think he deserves to be called THE worst- or even be in the top 10 worst.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I think it is extremely ridiculous to say so and so is the worst player to ever wear a UK uniform. I'm not saying it's wrong or anything, but I find it hard to deliver such harsh critisism to anyone who is talented enough to even get the oppurtunity to wear the Blue and White. Coury is obviously working extremely hard or he would not be starting. Just because someone is less talented than other players does not mean he's the "worst ever."

in this league it takes more than hard work and hustle, you need talent to win, and at this level that's what its about. Coury might work hard and might be a walk on but his talent level is what we are criticizing here, and imo he don't have great talent. along with a few other players on this team

Well, first of all Bradley isn't a true PG, that's Jasper's job and if we didn't have Bradley we might have 3 wins on the season.
Bradley has his good moments and bad, it just seems like the bad ones occur an awful lot.
alfus21 Wrote:Based on what? Nobody has even got to watch him play yet.
Exactly my point. If he's on the bench, and never touches the floor, then that's a good waste of 7 feet. I'm pretty sure if he was any good at all, Coach G would have him on the court.
Mark Coury is worthless as a poopie flavored lolly pop.
Lol
I don't know who the worst player is, but it is obvious who the worst fans are. We should appreciate a walk-on working hard enough to fill in during a time of need.
crawdad Wrote:I don't know who the worst player is, but it is obvious who the worst fans are. We should appreciate a walk-on working hard enough to fill in during a time of need.

Well I appreciate howbad he is and how many shots he has missed point blank.
Pages: 1 2