Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mississippi State 69 Kentucky 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final!

Kentucky made a pretty good comeback but when its basically 3 (Crawford, Bradley, and Patterson) versus 5 out there theres not much you can do about it.... Cats play at 9 p.m. Saturday @ Florida.
Hard fought game and a tough loss. Bradley and Crawford played really tough down the stretch.

I really got frustrated with the refs, Vernado was allowed to do whatever he wanted inside, and well pretty much all MSU players got by with everything. I was surprised BCG didn't get another technical and get tossed.
I thought we played pretty good the 2nd half especially like you said 3 on 5. I cant wait till Jasper and Meeks get back and both are on the court. This game deff wasnt the best called game ever either!!! Beat the Gators!!!!!
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Hard fought game and a tough loss. Bradley and Crawford played really tough down the stretch.

I really got frustrated with the refs, Vernado was allowed to do whatever he wanted inside, and well pretty much all MSU players got by with everything. I was surprised BCG didn't get another technical and get tossed.

It was a strange to see Vernado have 11 rebounds and 11 blocks and just 1 foul... A little home cooking went on there in Starksville.
I agree with you guys. MSU was hacking our guys like crazy on our end and nothing was ever being called. I'd hate to see the free throw discrepancy for the game.

And that time Gillespie got the T, I don't blame him. Crawford got hammered to the floor, and yet there was no call for what seemed like the umpteenth time in the game. I think he showed remarkable restraint not picking up a second one at some point.

Oh well, good effort tonight. Makes you wonder what this team could do if everyone was healthy. We may never know this season.
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree with you guys. MSU was hacking our guys like crazy on our end and nothing was ever being called. I'd hate to see the free throw discrepancy for the game.

And that time Gillespie got the T, I don't blame him. Crawford got hammered to the floor, and yet there was no call for what seemed like the umpteenth time in the game. I think he showed remarkable restraint not picking up a second one at some point.

Oh well, good effort tonight. Makes you wonder what this team could do if everyone was healthy. We may never know this season.

Yeah, he acted more controlled then I would have in that situation. I dont know if anyone else caught it, but i saw Gillespie telling his players to not saying anything several times in the game. It was a tough, hard fought loss, but I really liked the way they played. Just wish we were healthy.
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree with you guys. MSU was hacking our guys like crazy on our end and nothing was ever being called. I'd hate to see the free throw discrepancy for the game.

Very true.
UK played hard. And hopefully, they will turn it around on Saturday. Good lucj Cats!!!
Gah Mark Coury sucks...hes like a big jellyfish out there.
vundy33 Wrote:Gah Mark Coury sucks...hes like a big jellyfish out there.
Smile... He has his moments.
Vernado is the most overrated player in the country. He had 11 blocks and maybe 3 were actually good clean blocks. He should have had atleast 4 fouls in the 1st half. I was proud of our guys though for fighting back and making a game of it, and I dont know about you guys but I think Jimmy Dykes is about as bad a Billy Packer. Gosh this guy loves to hate us.
I picked it 69-63, lol..went about the way I thought it would..MSU is PHYSICAL..
This was the worst officiated game I have seen... I could barely stand to watch it because I got so mad lol... good luck next time Cats!!!

That's really funny. I told my boyfriend hes got jelly legs and arms. He's just kinda everywhere. It led to a whole bunch of jokes as he was running up and down the floor. Smile

I also think Jimmy Dykes has the hots for that Jamont Gordon and that other Varanda or whatever his name is. All he kept talkin about was Gordon's awesome calf muscles. And Varanda could do no wrong.

right on... he is terrible
I said MSU-64 UK-57..Anyhow, the Cats never gave up, didn't play so great though, but you can tell is getting better every game. They are starting to understand the BILLY G system. MSU is a VERY tough basketball team!
I don't know if the players are buying into Billy G's system or if Billy G has just decided that with Jasper and Meeks out of the game, his only option is to let Ramel and Joe create. This is what we are used to seeing. I think Billy is just letting Ramel and Joe play street ball to try and create some offense, cuz God knows if Joe, Ramel, and Patterson aren't scoring, then noone else could step up and score.

I loved the effort last night though. They could have given up several times last night after being down by 11 points, but they scratched back into it. Very gutsy effort on our part. Look for Kentucky to be around the SEC Championship game this year once everyone gets healthy.
Nothing out of the ordinary for uk
UK should have ball faked vernado and jumped into him and make the refs call the foul or he would have his ribs broke.
gosh this sucks
Well id like to know how Miss St Center had 10 blocks and he only recieved 1 foul and that was real late in the 2nd half and to me it seemed like a make up call
great game by both teams