Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can UK Crack March Madness In 08?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
IMO No, They may have beaten Vandy BUT I dont think they can hold strong like that through the whole season........Maybe next year Cats

But dont get me wrong, I hope they go far
I think their only chance is to turn things around and win the SEC. If they do anything short of that, I doubt it.
Agree with CE.
They have to win the SEC.
I'm with CE to. If they want to salvage the rest of the this season then they need to do some work in the SEC, which I really hope they do.
I have watched a few SEC teams play and the teams in the SEC are beatable and I could see UK getting better and winning the SEC. Tennessesse isn't playing well. Florida is a young and very beatable team. Its a stretch but a possibility that UK can win the SEC. Just my opinion.
sure it would be nice to win the sec and get a bid like that.and who ever could under estimate the toughness of the sec and to say any team is beatable is true.but cmon now winning the sec is easyer said then done!would be nice to win out.not gunna happen.but uk makes tourney as either 7 8 9 or 10 seed.mark that down
Yea,agree. Only teams in the SEC that I see hard to beat would only be Tennessee and Indiania and Vandy again
NYY10 Wrote:Yea,agree. Only teams in the SEC that I see hard to beat would only be Tennessee and Indiania and Vandy again

Indiana is in the Big Ten.

But Tenn. will be tough. At this point, I think every game this year has the chance to be a tough win.
Sometimes it takes a game like this. I say, don't count the big blue out!
It is going to be difficult, they will have to win quite a few games that they are not suppose to. I say they have an outside shot at it, but the odds aren't very good.
Lets all keep our fingers crossed till March!!! Im with PB5 dont count us out just yet. Go Big Blue!!!!
It won't be easy, but it's not out of the question, either. Consider...

UK currently sits at 7-7, 1-0 in the SEC. If we went 11-4 in the rest of our conference games, we would finish with an overall record of 18-11, 12-4 in the SEC heading into the conference tourney. A couple wins there get us to 20 wins, and there is no way a 20-win Kentucky team gets left out.

I know it seems far-fetched that this team could win 11 of their next 15 games, but in the watered-down SEC this year, anything is possible. I don't think we can beat Tennessee either time, and I don't see us winning in Nashville, but all the other games are definitely winnable. Whether UK actually does it is another matter.
I would say the chances are pretty slim for UK to make the tourney.
I don't believe the Cats will make the big show!!! They will not sustain the effort they put forth against Vandy,and even if they did they could not stand to play very many extened games with their injuries.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I think their only chance is to turn things around and win the SEC. If they do anything short of that, I doubt it.
That is exactly what i was goin to say.
I think KY will go 6-9 the rest of the way in the SEC. This would make them 13-16 heading into the SEC tourny. I think KY has to win the SEC tourny to make the NCAA, if not they still should make the NIT.
Survivor Wrote:I think KY will go 6-9 the rest of the way in the SEC. This would make them 13-16 heading into the SEC tourny. I think KY has to win the SEC tourny to make the NCAA, if not they still should make the NIT.

I think a team has to have a winning record to participate in the NIT...not exactly sure on that.
they will make it
IM still 50/50 on this, but i think if they can make a deep run in the Sec play, then maybe they can get in as like a 11 0r 12 seed, but it is not very likely, but there is still hope
At this point it would depend on how good they are on Playstation or Xbox. They'll be good, just not this year. They have to get rid of Mr. Turnover and the ball hog senior duo and next year you'll see Patterson and the boys do a lot better.
thecavemaster Wrote:I think a team has to have a winning record to participate in the NIT...not exactly sure on that.

No they do not have to have a winning record. There have been lots of 13-16, 14-17 type teams in the NIT.
i think uk will turn there season around and be in march madness as a very low seed...sec competition is not as tough as usual
Survivor Wrote:No they do not have to have a winning record. There have been lots of 13-16, 14-17 type teams in the NIT.

I'm pretty sure they do have to have a winning record to be eligible for the NIT. I don't ever remember seeing a team with a losing record get an invite. I think you may be thinking of the NCAA tournament, where sometimes a team with a losing record will win their confernce tourney and get the automatic bid.
No chance in...
Folks, I know it sounds crazy with UK currently having a losing record, but it is still not out of the realm of possibility. After the big win tonight over Tennessee, UK now sits at 8-9, 2-2 in the SEC. Here is the rest of their schedule:

South Carolina (H,A)
Georgia (H,A)
Florida (H)
Vandy (A)
Tennessee (A)
Ole Miss (H)
Alabama (H)
Arkansas (H)
LSU (A)
Auburn (A)

I'm telling you, the way they have played the last four games has given me hope. I know it would be very difficult to win in Knoxville or Nashville, but the rest of those games are still very winnable. I think UK will be very difficult to beat at home, and road trips to SC, Ga, LSU, and Auburn don't look too scary either. A 10-2 record in these games could still happen if they keep playing the way they have lately. If that happens, Kentucky would be 18-11 and 12-4 in conference, and I think that gets them in...
More Cowbell Wrote:Folks, I know it sounds crazy with UK currently having a losing record, but it is still not out of the realm of possibility. After the big win tonight over Tennessee, UK now sits at 8-9, 2-2 in the SEC. Here is the rest of their schedule:

South Carolina (H,A)
Georgia (H,A)
Florida (H)
Vandy (A)
Tennessee (A)
Ole Miss (H)
Alabama (H)
Arkansas (H)
LSU (A)
Auburn (A)

I'm telling you, the way they have played the last four games has given me hope. I know it would be very difficult to win in Knoxville or Nashville, but the rest of those games are still very winnable. I think UK will be very difficult to beat at home, and road trips to SC, Ga, LSU, and Auburn don't look too scary either. A 10-2 record in these games could still happen if they keep playing the way they have lately. If that happens, Kentucky would be 18-11 and 12-4 in conference, and I think that gets them in...

They could always win the SEC Tourney!
mrfootball03 Wrote:They could always win the SEC Tourney!

Yes, they could, and that would be nice (remove any speculation)!

However, if they finish the way I described, hopefully it won't be necessary. Might still have to at least win one game in the SEC tourney.
More Cowbell Wrote:Yes, they could, and that would be nice (remove any speculation)!

However, if they finish the way I described, hopefully it won't be necessary. Might still have to at least win one game in the SEC tourney.

Is the SEC Tournament going to still be in Catlanta this year??
No matter if we lose out the reg. season, if we can win the SEC Tourney we are in the NCAA.
Pages: 1 2