Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Just wondering about Pikeville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey this goes to all the pikeville junior high and highschool cheerleaders...or anyone who knows anything about pikeville cheerleading. I am in 7th grade and I was thinking of trying out for pikeville next year or freshman year and I was wondering what are the gymnastics and other requirements to be on either of the squads. Also, when are tryouts and what do they consist of?? thanks!! btw, please reply cause I need info
**v-ball/cheergurl** Wrote:hey this goes to all the pikeville junior high and highschool cheerleaders...or anyone who knows anything about pikeville cheerleading. I am in 7th grade and I was thinking of trying out for pikeville next year or freshman year and I was wondering what are the gymnastics and other requirements to be on either of the squads. Also, when are tryouts and what do they consist of?? thanks!! btw, please reply cause I need info

If you are enrolled in the school system contact the coaches.
Well, to be on the Junior High squad you have to have aleast a backhandspring. To be on the High School squad you have to have a standing back tuck.
P_White_W Wrote:Well, to be on the Junior High squad you have to have aleast a backhandspring. To be on the High School squad you have to have a standing back tuck.

Everybody on the varsity squad does not do standing backs.
they dont depending on the year. If you want a guaranteed spot on the varsity you better have a standing back. Especially with all the junior high girls moving up. I think we are going to be seeing alot of pikeville wins over the next few years.

I cheered at pville (obviously). tumble as much as u can in your spare time and get ready to work hard. Cheering for pikeville is a commitment and can be expensive if u dont put alot of time into the yearly fundraising. They are very serious about cheering and you compete at least 5 times a year.
hillbilly Wrote:Everybody on the varsity squad does not do standing backs.

They might not have it 100% ...but they have to attempt it and land it at least once!! I have a close friend and her daughter cheers..and I have to hear this every single year....at tryout time they all flip out and become cheer natzi's Mothers included(not trying to be rude or mean) But everyone wants their daughter to cheer at Pikeville......I just am glad that I have boys!!

But
Pikeville STATE CHAMPS..is WONDERFUL:1: