Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Michigan State 65 Minnesota 59
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tubby's Gophers fall to 10-3 on the season. And for all those Tubby haters, I'm sure UK has more talent than Minnesota. But do you think Billy G. Could take The cats into East Lansing and be lucky enough to only lose by 6? Congrats spartans and Keep up the good work Coach Smith.
Tubby has also signed 3 players in the top 37 of their position. Plus two other three star players.
I don't care if Tubby signs Michael Jordan to play...if they don't perform *cough* Joe Crawford *cough* Ramel Bradley *cough* THEN IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Oh, and I can't wait to see if Tubby fills his open spots with 9 foot tall Sasquatches.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I don't care if Tubby signs Michael Jordan to play...if they don't perform *cough* Joe Crawford *cough* Ramel Bradley *cough* THEN IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Oh, and I can't wait to see if Tubby fills his open spots with 9 foot tall Sasquatches.
good point. But that was the major gripe was that he couldn't recruit.
Do you call Jared Carter recruiting?

It's not that Tubby can't get heralded high-schoolers. It's that he's been getting the ones who don't stay or don't grow into better players, and then filling the rest of his roster with height, and we can see from Jared Carter, Shagari, Lukasz, that height doesn't matter after a certain point.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Do you call Jared Carter recruiting?
I mean there were always a few that didn't make any sense, But I think he was afraid if he let Carter go to another school (like Lofton) and he performed well there (like Lofton) then he would hear all the crap about not getting him.
Lofton was a big miss by Tubby, and thanks for bringing that one up.

Keep in mind that Rondo wasn't originally recruited by Tubby either. He was leftover from Pitino.

So in the last 4 years who does that leave over that was decent? Randolph?
ComfortEagle Wrote:Lofton was a big miss by Tubby, and thanks for bringing that one up.

Keep in mind that Rondo wasn't originally recruited by Tubby either. He was leftover from Pitino.

So in the last 4 years who does that leave over that was decent? Randolph?
Pitino didn't want Rondo because he wanted Talifair. But still he got Rondo. But he got top classes they just never performed. If anything you could blame Tubby for it was getting too much into what the fans wanted and what was on paper. He got top athletes but they had almost seemed to have maxed out on their potential, Where as guys like Azibukie and others like Hayes and Daniels developed into great players out of high school.
Glad to see Minnesota doing good so far this season. And congrats to Michigan State on the win.
Im glad to see Tubby and Minnesota winning too. I hope they can get into the big dance in the March. Congrats Mich St.
Congrats Spartans! Minnesota is a pretty good team. Tubby seems to be doing fine up north.
Tubby has already got more wins than last years Minnesota's record!!!
ComfortEagle Wrote:I don't care if Tubby signs Michael Jordan to play...if they don't perform *cough* Joe Crawford *cough* Ramel Bradley *cough* THEN IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Its not like bradley was a 5 star or a 4 star. He was a 3 star.
You people make me sick with this Tubby crap. Tubby is no longer the coach at the University of Kentucky. How about we let him do well with the "experienced" players left over by the original Minnesota staff, and quit worrying about him. Yes this same Minnesota team only won 9 games last year, but these aren't players that Tubby recruited. I'm sure the former staff had enough sense to get players that seemed like they had unlimited potential for improvement. After year one I knew Crawford wouldn't be worth a crap because he didn't want anyone telling him what to do. If Tubby had any balls to him, he would have let Joe go to Michigan State to play instead of refusing to release him from his scholarship.

Give Tubby time to get his players in there and see what a difference it makes. I bet "Tubby Ball" will be the same as it was here at UK. Yeah he might take the Gophers to the NCAA tournament, but we are UK. We don't settle for just making it to the NCAA tournament. We go for it all.

Now, I realize that UK won't make the tournament this year. That's a given. But I promise you that once Billy G gets his style of players at UK instead of deadbeats, he will have us back at the top. Once you get rid of Joe, Ramel, Jared, Mark, Michael, Perry, Lanky *** Williams, etc., this team will be better. Mark my words.
BCF4L Wrote:You people make me sick with this Tubby crap. Tubby is no longer the coach at the University of Kentucky. How about we let him do well with the "experienced" players left over by the original Minnesota staff, and quit worrying about him. Yes this same Minnesota team only won 9 games last year, but these aren't players that Tubby recruited. I'm sure the former staff had enough sense to get players that seemed like they had unlimited potential for improvement. After year one I knew Crawford wouldn't be worth a crap because he didn't want anyone telling him what to do. If Tubby had any balls to him, he would have let Joe go to Michigan State to play instead of refusing to release him from his scholarship.

Give Tubby time to get his players in there and see what a difference it makes. I bet "Tubby Ball" will be the same as it was here at UK. Yeah he might take the Gophers to the NCAA tournament, but we are UK. We don't settle for just making it to the NCAA tournament. We go for it all.

Now, I realize that UK won't make the tournament this year. That's a given. But I promise you that once Billy G gets his style of players at UK instead of deadbeats, he will have us back at the top. Once you get rid of Joe, Ramel, Jared, Mark, Michael, Perry, Lanky *** Williams, etc., this team will be better. Mark my words.

Strong words from a strong man. lol. I agree. Gice Billy G. time and we will succeed. At least I hope.
BCF4L Wrote:You people make me sick with this Tubby crap. Tubby is no longer the coach at the University of Kentucky. How about we let him do well with the "experienced" players left over by the original Minnesota staff, and quit worrying about him. Yes this same Minnesota team only won 9 games last year, but these aren't players that Tubby recruited. I'm sure the former staff had enough sense to get players that seemed like they had unlimited potential for improvement. After year one I knew Crawford wouldn't be worth a crap because he didn't want anyone telling him what to do. If Tubby had any balls to him, he would have let Joe go to Michigan State to play instead of refusing to release him from his scholarship.

Good post...I agree 100%.
I agree also.
I'm surprised that Minnesota even hung that close. State should have really blew them out.