Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville 89 Kentucky 75
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final... Now lets hear it all you BCG haters.Rolleyes

Bradley- 27pts
Crawford- 19pts
Harris- 8pts
Meeks- 7pts
Jasper- 6pts
Patterson- 6pts
Stevenson- 2pts
Louisville is a better team.. I have to say Kentucky never gave up... I think Billy G seen things today that will help for the upcoming SEC games... Go cats.....
To many **** turnovers!!!!! What is up with Patrick Patterson being in the back court against the press. I know he is a great player, but a premier ball handler he is not. He has great hands and handles the ball nice around with in 12 ft , but to be back there against a great Pitino press is not the best of Ideals.
Joe Crawford is the worst player in UK history. How many TO's did he have tonight and forced shots??
RavenBoy Wrote:Joe Crawford is the worst player in UK history. How many TO's did he have tonight and forced shots??

A little hard to believe that. I mean, he basically started the rally in the first half by driving to the basket and being agressive.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:A little hard to believe that. I mean, he basically started the rally in the first half by driving to the basket and being agressive.
Ohh whatever, He is the biggest Joke Ive ever seen.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:A little hard to believe that. I mean, he basically started the rally in the first half by driving to the basket and being agressive.
Yea he did drive but he missed them all but 2 shots. Hes Horrible, Put Porter in.
Raven Boy, don't get me wrong, I'm not a very big fan of Joe Crawford to say the least, I just think he does a lot of things well offensively. But you are right, at times, he's just a turnover waiting to happen.
We Suck Again!!
RavenBoy Wrote:Ohh whatever, He is the biggest Joke Ive ever seen.

You're the joke if you think he's the worst player in UK history...
actually thought that UK could and would win this game. but how wrong I was. I had a bet with my dad. i had UK and he had U of L. Thats how confident I was. but, my mood changed at the end of the game. Oh well. This just aint our year. Maybe we will do better next year.
Ive given up
What a year in Kentucky sports a year when we beat Louisville in footballand than lose to them in basketball. But yea Kentucky tried to force too many shots and he turnovers didnt help any. I still stay by my decision Billy G WORST COACH IN UK HISTORY.
Sad Sad Sad.....
warriorpride Wrote:What a year in Kentucky sports a year when we beat Louisville in footballand than lose to them in basketball. But yea Kentucky tried to force too many shots and he turnovers didnt help any. I still stay by my decision Billy G WORST COACH IN UK HISTORY.

Man you are crazy...how is he the worst coach in history after like what...12 or 13 games?
warriorpride Wrote:I still stay by my decision Billy G WORST COACH IN UK HISTORY.

I'm not ready to go that far yet. If he is the worst, then Tubby was right next to him. But I don't think anyone would not agree that Billy G should be doing better with what we do have. I mean, we shouldn't be losing to teams like San Diego, UAB or Gardner-Webb. We aren't the most talented team, but we are much better than those teams.

Whatever is up with Billy G, we should know by next year if he is for real or not.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I'm not ready to go that far yet. If he is the worst, then Tubby was right next to him. But I don't think anyone would not agree that Billy G should be doing better with what we do have. I mean, we shouldn't be losing to teams like San Diego, UAB or Gardner-Webb. We aren't the most talented team, but we are much better than those teams.

Whatever is up with Billy G, we should know by next year if he is for real or not.
I think what my dad told me and anyone that knows him knows he could care less about UK basketball, but he said that UK may not be a good team, but they have a lot more talent than a lot of teams (2 All-Americans in HS). And they have enough talent to where they should beat teams like SD, GW, and UAB. So, if you have the talent to beat the team I think coaching plays a big role in the Wins and Losses to sub-par teams. One thing about Tubby he rarely ever lost to teams that were inferior to UK in talent because even if he wasn't bringing in the top players every year he could coach his guys to win against teams they should beat and teams that were just as good or better than UK.
warriorpride Wrote:What a year in Kentucky sports a year when we beat Louisville in footballand than lose to them in basketball. But yea Kentucky tried to force too many shots and he turnovers didnt help any. I still stay by my decision Billy G WORST COACH IN UK HISTORY.

Just a typical UK fan, no offense but since we are losing he is now the worst coach ever! I mean goodness gracious 13 games into his tenure at UK and hes been personified as the worst coach. People just need to realize that he doesn't have any of his players at UK yet other the Patterson and look how he has turned out this season. Just imagine how it will be when he gets his own recruit in. Of course it is tough to lose to the big rival, tougher than any loss to me even Gardner-Webb surprising as that sounds, but things will change for the good, people just need to stay patient and wait it out.
Give him time.. What was UK's record on Rick Pitinos first season? like 15-14 or something....Be patient.
Patterson's worst game so far. Yes it is a growing experience but he is basically our team. I am not faulting a freshmen for a loss especially when he has the whole team on his shoulders. But it is true, when Patterson is not making good decisions and is not playing normally, we will fall by the waistside. We are a very easy team to scout and shut down, it is simple, shut down Patterson and you leave us to shoot nothing but jumpers. So Louisiville rattled Patterson early and he was never able to recover to have a decent game. Mix that with a confused defense and you have todays game.
If our other players are not playing with a good mind and when our best shooter is having a horrible day (Meeks) we will not win.
It is all just a debacle right now, and we haven't even began SEC play yet! Meeks is becoming like Crawford and I don't know if it is his leg bothering him or what, but it looks like he is playing scared. I knew UL would pull this out because one thing Pitino always was very good at was taking the opponents best scoring threat away and the Cards did that with Patterson!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Patterson's worst game so far. Yes it is a growing experience but he is basically our team. I am not faulting a freshmen for a loss especially when he has the whole team on his shoulders. But it is true, when Patterson is not making good decisions and is not playing normally, we will fall by the waistside. We are a very easy team to scout and shut down, it is simple, shut down Patterson and you leave us to shoot nothing but jumpers. So Louisiville rattled Patterson early and he was never able to recover to have a decent game. Mix that with a confused defense and you have todays game.
If our other players are not playing with a good mind and when our best shooter is having a horrible day (Meeks) we will not win.

You're right! Let us hope that it just gets better!! lol
Well, if UK picked a year to be down, this may be it. The SEC isnt nearly as strong as its been in recent years, so this UK team should fit right into the frenzy of conference play. Still, the upcoming Vandy game looks to be a loss, and even as bad as the conference is this year, I dont see UK winning 5 or 6 (SEC) games..
Is it now a requirement that you have to be covered from head to toe with tatoos to play basketball? How about one time seeing a player on the basketball court that didn't look like they were a member of the Miami Ink staff. It's not just Kentucky, it's every body. Sad
Billy g better get doing something or uk isn't going to have him sticking around too much longer
all of u who are hating bcg i pitty u in 2 or 3 years when uk is the creme of the crop.cant wait to see how many of u that call urselves fans are back on the bandwagon.especially cards09
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Is it now a requirement that you have to be covered from head to toe with tatoos to play basketball? How about one time seeing a player on the basketball court that didn't look like they were a member of the Miami Ink staff. It's not just Kentucky, it's every body. Sad

What's the problem with tatoos? Why do you care what a player looks like? Sounds like stereotyping to me...
I've kept quiet for a while now, but can most fans honestly say that this team is improving? Louisville is an awful basketball team this year and they had their way with us.

I know Tubby left some duds for Billy G. to coach, but there's no disputing that we are still more talented than the likes of Gardner Webb and San Diego so that leaves what as the reason for the losses? We had more talent than those teams and still lost.

There may be a reason that Billy G. hasn't signed his contract as of yet. He may not be wanting to come back or may not be welcome back. Any coach that is too stubborn to EVER play a zone defense when offenses continue to backdoor him and his defense all day is sad. This team is not that great, but they arent' worse than Gardner "Spud" Webb U. or San Diego, and that should worry many people as to how well this man can actually coach.

Yes, he can recruit but much like many say Tubby did, Billy G. never has done anything with his own recruits.
well i dont hate billy g. im just dissapointed and the question that keeps popping into my mind is- would we have lost these games (webb, houston, san diego) if tubby was still here? but oh well im still going to be a uk fan no matter what!
The UK team looks like crap, they have way to many turnovers! And when UK forces a turnover from the other team they cant convert! You cant beat anyone when you do that.
Pages: 1 2