Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cats Next Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With a huge bowl win in back to back years the wildcats seem to be heading in the right track.Hopefully with an experienced offense and some help in recruiting ''hint hint Aaron Boyd out of henry clay'' the cats should be back on the right track. Woodyard and the seniors will be missed but uk has enough experience and talent on both sides to have a succesful year. Also they dont have as tough of schedule next year. How you feel about next season for the cats.
well theyre losin some big players like woodsen, steve johnson, and woodyard but atleast they got locke coming back
Not to good.
i see 8 to 9 wins next year with another good bowl game
We should be a very quick team. We're losing Woodson, who is a great passer, but not too light on his feet. Instead we should get Pulley who, from reports, is more of a running quarterback (the thing that killed us this year *cough* Tim Tebow*).

We will also be bringing back Derrick Locke. We got to see his speed and talent this year and can only expect him to get better.

A lot of our defense was young, so I'm not too worried about them.

I think the big change next year, is that we will see UK running a lot more and passing a lot less. I would say our passing game will probably revolve around Dickey Lyons.

But we should be a very quick team.
I think our D should be one of the best in the SEC, not the best but they should be close to the top.They return a lot of tanlet, Lindley,Kelley,Jarmon,Jenkins, J Williams,Pyor, and McClinton.

Like someone said I hope can recuit some big players to fill in the shoes of Burton and Johnson Cough Aarron Boyd but the schedule is tough next year but I see us going to a bowl game for the 3rd straight year, finishing 7-5 again.
Losing Woodson will hurt but I am telling you, and I know this might seem insane, but Woodson just really NEVER impressed me. Yes he throws a BEAUTIFUL ball, but he just didn't know when to run the ball or throw it away and took WAY TO MANY SACKS! This will kill him in the NFL IMO! I think Hartline or Pulley can come right into our system and do as good or better considering Pulley WAS THE BETTER QB a year and a half ago! Locke will be as good or better than Little! Lyons Jr. is the Wes Welker of football! Ford will step in and be the new Steve Johnson. Tamme gone IMO, will be the one spot that will hurt us next year because of the mismatches he put against defenses. Woodyard graduating will hurt tremendously, but our defense will be as good as ever or as good as it has been in a VERY LONG TIME! Our out of conference schedule is pretty weak which IMO is a very good thing considering how strong the SEC is. This team will surprise ALOT of people, so I say now..YOU BETTER BUY YOUR SEASON TICKETS AND KEEP THIS FANFARE GOING that we have gave this years team and last years team. UK is finally where we have wanted them to be for so long, it is our job to keep the support up! GO BIG BLUE!!! BELIEVE IN 08!
MVP2 Wrote:I think our D should be one of the best in the SEC, not the best but they should be close to the top.They return a lot of tanlet, Lindley,Kelley,Jarmon,Jenkins, J Williams,Pyor, and McClinton.

Like someone said I hope can recuit some big players to fill in the shoes of Burton and Johnson Cough Aarron Boyd but the schedule is tough next year but I see us going to a bowl game for the 3rd straight year, finishing 7-5 again.

micah johnson too
I think the football cats will be fine next season. Who will take Woodson's place is the million dollar question.
I believe that even though the program will be going through a BIG transition, we will still pull out the same record as this year. Our schedule is very manageable so I think that will give us time to see what works and what doesn't work and change up how our offense is ran (Next year will be a run dominated team with Locke, Dixon, Allen, Smith). We drop LSU and pick up Alabama (which is good) and we get South Carolina and Arkansas at home. Yes we will have Florida and Tenn. on the road but it should balance out with other teams like Temple, Akron and Vandy filling up the other games. We should ultimately play in either the same bowl for the third straight year or go to Memphis.
Go cats!
UK is losing a lot of talent. But I think we have someone that can back them up. Except for the tight end spot. We will have Pulley who can run n gun. Ford who has played good. Lock, Smith, and Dixon at running backs. And for defense, we will be so much better. With all of our talent, we should win 7-8 games. And maybe even 8 games. But we will have another good season. Looks like this state is slowly, but surely, becoming a football state.