Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Woodson leads Cats over Florida State, 35-28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. Kentucky ensured itself of a Happy New Year with a 35-28 victory over Florida State here Monday night in the Music City Bowl. Senior quarterback Andre Woodson completed 32 of 50 passes for 358 yards and four touchdowns to earn bowl MVP honors and give the Wildcats their first bowl victories in consecutive seasons since 1951

More...
Woodson made some dumb decisions as always.
I'm glad he's finally gone.
^^ You two have got to be kidding me.

Yes he did make a couple of bad decisions, but it was only couple. He made more good decisions and continued to make plays.

As for being glad he is gone. I can't even understand the logic behind that one. He has played the QB position better than anyone else in UK history. He has taken his lumps and led the cats to more wins than any other QB. I just cannot understand that statement.
Survivor Wrote:I'm glad he's finally gone.

Why ??? He might be one of the best Q.B.'s that has ever came from kentucky
Its easy when you have good players around you and all you throw is screen passes.
FBALL Wrote:^^ You two have got to be kidding me.

Yes he did make a couple of bad decisions, but it was only couple. He made more good decisions and continued to make plays.

As for being glad he is gone. I can't even understand the logic behind that one. He has played the QB position better than anyone else in UK history. He has taken his lumps and led the cats to more wins than any other QB. I just cannot understand that statement.

He did break some of Tim Couch's records. The most td passes in a season and most td passes in a career at UK. And he also passed Jared Lorenzen in that category as well. So I agree with you. He has played the qb position better than anyone else in UK history.

Smile Cool
RavenBoy Wrote:Its easy when you have good players around you and all you throw is screen passes.

:ChairHit: You can't be serious...

You can't be serious. If you don't have a lot of respect this man and his abilities, then you just don't know what you're talking about. He has been a crucial factor in bringing Kentucky through the darkest period in their football history. He improved more as a leader and a player than anyone I have ever seen. The only way you're glad he is gone is if you are a fan of any other team Kentucky has faced over the last two years.:mad:
RavenBoy Wrote:Its easy when you have good players around you and all you throw is screen passes.

Are you kidding? It's called an offensive strategy. Yeah they throw a lot of screens but if you think that is all they do then you have never actually watched them play.
Congrats cats!! Next season doesnt look the best with the loss of Woodson, Little, Johnson, Burton, Lyons, and so on lol.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Are you kidding? It's called an offensive strategy. Yeah they throw a lot of screens but if you think that is all they do then you have never actually watched them play.

I guess he hasn't
BlueStripes Wrote:Congrats cats!! Next season doesnt look the best with the loss of Woodson, Little, Johnson, Burton, Lyons, and so on lol.

Lyons is just a junior and will return for the Cats next year. Demoreo Ford will step in the shoes of Burton, and I think he'll do a fine job. I personally hope somebody steps up at the QB spot, besides Pulley so he can go out and use his athletic skills as a receiver. The defense should be much better next year. I think the Cats will be fine next year, winning 7-9 games.
Hit and Run Wrote:Lyons is just a junior and will return for the Cats next year. Demoreo Ford will step in the shoes of Burton, and I think he'll do a fine job. I personally hope somebody steps up at the QB spot, besides Pulley so he can go out and use his athletic skills as a receiver. The defense should be much better next year. I think the Cats will be fine next year, winning 7-9 games.

My bad, I thought Lyons was a Sr. this seaon. Well thats good that we keep him. Lock should be good at HB, but I hope someone can step up and be a good QB.
So could we call him Dicky Lyons "Sr" next year???
:thatsfunn Smile
jgrubby Wrote:So could we call him Dicky Lyons "Sr" next year???
Do UK have any recruits coming in that can be expected to fill the shoes of Woodson?
Congrats Big Blue!!!!...and to the one's postin that their gald UK lost Woodson is stupid he is the best QB UK has had
BlueStripes Wrote:Congrats cats!! Next season doesnt look the best with the loss of Woodson, Little, Johnson, Burton, Lyons, and so on lol.

Defense wins championships and they have ALOT comin back. I look for atleast another 8 win season, maybe even better.
Redneck Wrote:Defense wins championships and they have ALOT comin back. I look for atleast another 8 win season, maybe even better.

I agree. We still got Lindley, Micah Johnson, Braxton Kelley, Marcus McClinton and some more starters.
Running Man Wrote:Do UK have any recruits coming in that can be expected to fill the shoes of Woodson?

I don't think so. You will most likely see Curtis Pulley running the show next year, although Mike Hartline could give him a little competition.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I don't think so. You will most likely see Curtis Pulley running the show next year, although Mike Hartline could give him a little competition.

who's Mike Hartline?
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:who's Mike Hartline?

Mike was the backup this season because Curtis was given a redshirt season.