Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 35 - Florida State 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kentucky wins back-to-back bowl games for the first time since the 1950-1951 seasons...
My gosh what a game..Couldn't help but think of the 1993 Peach Bowl when I saw Micah running the ball because I kept yelling "FALL DOWN" and what happened fumbled. Did anyone else think of that game during that play? I know FSU was down players, BUT CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT WE ARE LIVING A NIGHT WHEN KENTUCKY BEATS FLORIDA STATE IN FOOTBALL. How far this program has come! Proud of you guys and I bet it is gonna get crazy in Music City tonight! WAY TO GO CATS..PROUD OF YOU!!
I love my wildcats! Man that was a good game and I can't wait till next season. I've got season tickets coming my way and it is going to be great!
Well from an FSU fan you really couldn't ask for a better try than what the Noles gave tonight. Antone Smith had a nice game and Weatherford led the team well, even though his play was sub-par. The defense just simply ran out of gas in the second half and bent a little. Thanks to all the Seminole Senoirs for all the memories and great plays over the last 4 years!! Only way to go is up now. Hopefully this young team will mature and evolve into an ACC contender next year. Go Noles!! And Congrats UK.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:My gosh what a game..Couldn't help but think of the 1993 Peach Bowl when I saw Micah running the ball because I kept yelling "FALL DOWN" and what happened fumbled. Did anyone else think of that game during that play? I know FSU was down players, BUT CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT WE ARE LIVING A NIGHT WHEN KENTUCKY BEATS FLORIDA STATE IN FOOTBALL. How far this program has come! Proud of you guys and I bet it is gonna get crazy in Music City tonight! WAY TO GO CATS..PROUD OF YOU!!

We were yelling the same thing when Micah got the interception...Smile

This game was closer than most thought. Saw a little bit of everything, including many missed opportunities on both sides of the ball.

How about David Jones ending the game by knocking down the hail mary!
O yeah and to all those people that were saying UK would walk out there and win, this game came down to the very last second. Better learn to respect your opponet a little more next time.
Yep, shades of Marty Moore and 1993 danced in my memory when Micah had the ball, and I about lost it, lol...but you have to give props to FSU and the guts they showed tonight. UK clearly had to fight this one to the end, and it was a great game to watch, and a great way to close out 2007..I picked it 35-24, so I was pretty close, lol..
Panther Thunder Wrote:O yeah and to all those people that were saying UK would walk out there and win, this game came down to the very last second. Better learn to respect your opponet a little more next time.

Respect your opponet? From the looks of the game UK did just that. They did walk out there and win...we were practically trying to give that game away and FSU wouldn't take it. Congrats UK, I would've never thought we could have beaten teams like LSU, UofL, Arkansas, Clemson and FSU this time 2 years ago.
vundy33 Wrote:Respect your opponet? From the looks of the game UK did just that. They did walk out there and win...we were practically trying to give that game away and FSU wouldn't take it. Congrats UK, I would've never thought we could have beaten teams like LSU, UofL, Arkansas, Clemson and FSU this time 2 years ago.
Chill.... I was talking about the fans that said UK would run over FSU. and by walk out there and win, I meant they wouldn't have to try to play hard to win.
Congrats Wildcats
Chill? Did my post sound like I was angry or something? lol well I don't know if you've ever played any sports but I'm pretty sure that UK would play there hardest against any team. I'm just glad we came away with the win after all those stupid mistakes by Rafael Little and everyone else...
vundy33 Wrote:Chill? Did my post sound like I was angry or something? lol well I don't know if you've ever played any sports but I'm pretty sure that UK would play there hardest against any team. I'm just glad we came away with the win after all those stupid mistakes by Rafael Little and everyone else...
I know UK would, but a lot of the fans seemed to think that FSU was just going to be like playing a high school team.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With that said. UK tried every way in the world to give this game away but the sign of a good team is to find a way to win even when your not playing your best. Woodson set alot of records tonight both school (most TD passes in a career and season) and SEC (Most TD passes in a season). The D made some big plays when they had to but we gotta work on stopping the run and getting off the field on 3rd downs. IMO David Jones may have assured himself a starting spot at CB with the way he played late in the game. This game was horribly officiated on both sides. IF you wouldve told me 2 years ago that wed be celebrating back to back bowl wins I wouldve doubted your sanity. Coach Brooks has us on the right path. I think its pretty cool that the football team is brought home more hardware the last 2 years than the B-ball team has.
Way to go Cats!
David Jones really stepped up tonight!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With that said. UK tried every way in the world to give this game away but the sign of a good team is to find a way to win even when your not playing your best. Woodson set alot of records tonight both school (most TD passes in a career and season) and SEC (Most TD passes in a season). The D made some big plays when they had to but we gotta work on stopping the run and getting off the field on 3rd downs. IMO David Jones may have assured himself a starting spot at CB with the way he played late in the game. This game was horribly officiated on both sides. IF you wouldve told me 2 years ago that wed be celebrating back to back bowl wins I wouldve doubted your sanity. Coach Brooks has us on the right path. I think its pretty cool that the football team is brought home more hardware the last 2 years than the B-ball team has.

I thought it was officiated great exept a blown offensive pass interference call on FSU...
vundy33 Wrote:I thought it was officiated great exept a blown offensive pass interference call on FSU...
Pass interfernce on Tamme was horible. The ball was thrown behind the line of scrimmage.
Hit and Run Wrote:Pass interfernce on Tamme was horible. The ball was thrown behind the line of scrimmage.
Well they missed it the time before on the touchdown to Little, so it didn't even make up for the missed call.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Well they missed it the time before on the touchdown to Little, so it didn't even make up for the missed call.
Yes, they did miss it. Wasn't pointing out what they missed, just what they called. Did anybody else see the hold they let go on when Weatherford completed the pass to around the 5? I think it was on 3rd down too.
Hit and Run Wrote:Pass interfernce on Tamme was horible. The ball was thrown behind the line of scrimmage.

I wasn't talking about that one...I missed it.
Im sure you wouldnt be talking smack to us if FSU would have won.
Just thrilled to see the Cats win.
Good luck next year.
RavenBoy Wrote:Im sure you wouldnt be talking smack to us if FSU would have won.

lol who are you talking about?
Panther Thunder Wrote:O yeah and to all those people that were saying UK would walk out there and win, this game came down to the very last second. Better learn to respect your opponet a little more next time.
UK did walk out there and win, lol...In all honesty though, FSU has 4-5 star players that are 3rd string while UK is playing with 2-3 star starters. Got sick of hearing the pitty party excuse of how tired the defense was because every game you see, most defensive players play almost every play anyways. Guess it was good for the hype, I don't know.
Florida State could not stop UKs offense. Really should have put at least 3 more TDs on the board.

Officiating was terrible for both teams. Those guys got more face time than Obama and Clinton. Rediculous calls against both teams.

David Jones while he did make a nice tackle from behind and did knock the ball down on the hail mary continues to be out of position on most plays. When he is in position he does not play the ball nearly as well as Warford. (Example - FSU last TD. Had position and stopped to jump instead of moving to the spot. That ball should never have gotten to the reciever cleanly.)

Despite great stats I thought that was as poorly as UK had played all season. Careless fumbles and silly penalties that took points off of the board. I like Raphael Little but I would have liked to seen Locke and his explosiveness against that defense. He hits the hole much quicker and could have fininshed off more of those runs. All in All though it was good win for a great senior class.

I feel really good about UK next season. I think Pulley can step in and add another demension to the offense. Locke, Dixon, Smith, Allen, Grinter... The backfield will have alot of talent. Dicky Lyons and Domereo Ford will have to step up at WR along with Lanxter and some younger guys. Hopefully Boyd comes in and helps out. The defense I think will be much improved. More depth and strength along the defensive line. IMO Micah Johnson takes over at MLB and Braxton Kelley slide over into Woodyards spot on the outside. The entire secondary returns. Should be another fun year.
Way to go Cats!!!
Florida State had a very bad call that took away a touchdown, but I thought Kentucky was to sloppy with the ball. Kentucky should have one by atleast another touchdown. I give Florida State credit for playing hard short handed. Alot of FSU's backups would start at Kentucky so overall they played good besides the turnovers.
vundy33 Wrote:lol who are you talking about?
Panther
Congrats UK!! I expected them to win by alot more though.
I was at the game last night, and these are some of my observations...

1) First off, the UK fans were great! I'd say they outnumbered FSU fans 4-1, as they had all their side filled up as well as the upper deck on the other side. They made a lot of noise when FSU had the ball in the end zone, and definitely made their presence felt. All of us UK fans had a lot of fun mocking the FSU "tomahawk chop" during the fourth quarter with our version of the "Wildcat chop"!

2) It was readily apparent that UK was the better team, but just refused to put the Seminoles away. And when you give an inferior team hope that they have a chance to win, you never know what can happen at the end of the game. I thought UK should've won by at least 3 TD's, but kept shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and a litany of mental mistakes. There is no way that FSU should've even had a chance to tie it up at the end.

3) Woodson, for all his many talents, has still been prone to making poor decisions in the pocket, such as not throwing the ball away when the pressure is coming. That's a bad habit that will hurt him big-time in the NFL next year.

4) Rafael Little played a great game, looking the best he has looked in a long time. He was quick to the hole and able to make defenders miss in order to gain extra yards. It's a shame he had the two fumbles, because other than that he was the best player on the field.

All in all, despite the cold weather and biting wind, we had a great time in Nashville and got to see a Cats win. Hopefully next year, we'll get to go to somewhere different, like maybe Atlanta...
More Cowbell Wrote:I was at the game last night, and these are some of my observations...

1) First off, the UK fans were great! I'd say they outnumbered FSU fans 4-1, as they had all their side filled up as well as the upper deck on the other side. They made a lot of noise when FSU had the ball in the end zone, and definitely made their presence felt. All of us UK fans had a lot of fun mocking the FSU "tomahawk chop" during the fourth quarter with our version of the "Wildcat chop"!

2) It was readily apparent that UK was the better team, but just refused to put the Seminoles away. And when you give an inferior team hope that they have a chance to win, you never know what can happen at the end of the game. I thought UK should've won by at least 3 TD's, but kept shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and a litany of mental mistakes. There is no way that FSU should've even had a chance to tie it up at the end.

3) Woodson, for all his many talents, has still been prone to making poor decisions in the pocket, such as not throwing the ball away when the pressure is coming. That's a bad habit that will hurt him big-time in the NFL next year.

4) Rafael Little played a great game, looking the best he has looked in a long time. He was quick to the hole and able to make defenders miss in order to gain extra yards. It's a shame he had the two fumbles, because other than that he was the best player on the field.

All in all, despite the cold weather and biting wind, we had a great time in Nashville and got to see a Cats win. Hopefully next year, we'll get to go to somewhere different, like maybe Atlanta...
Very Nice postCool
Pages: 1 2