Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 69 Tennessee Tech 47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final!

Kentucky played really good today against a decent Tennessee Tech squad who defeated Oregon State. Patterson had a double-double, Harris played good along with Porter and AJ Stewart also had a good game. Crawford and Bradley didn't play in the first half and I think that was a smart move by BCG... Congrats Cats!
Congrats Wildcats! Happy to get the W!
Its about time we get a win. We will do ok if we can keep everyone healthy.
GO CATS
They were just lucky that Tenn. Tech was worse than them or they would have gotten beat with that lineup that mr put out there. The only bright spot of that lineup as usual was Patterson. Harris hit a couple shots but other than that he was his usual bad self. This man truly does not know what he is doing. You notice that they didnt start playing good until Crawford and Bradley came into the game. They said it was a coaches decision not to start them and they didnt know the reasoning behind it, but I know, its because the man is a total and complete idiot. It was nice to see that Bradley and Crawford were cheerin on their teammates while they sat on the bench but I still didnt like the move of not starting them.
If your gonna bash Billy G know your facts first. He sit them because of there attitudes and i think they broke a rule but im happy to see that we didnt comepletly fall apart when they wernt in there. All in all im happy with our performance and i think A.J is gonna be someone to whach for here soon to break out.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:They were just lucky that Tenn. Tech was worse than them or they would have gotten beat with that lineup that mr ******* put out there. The only bright spot of that lineup as usual was Patterson. Harris hit a couple shots but other than that he was his usual bad self. This man truly does not know what he is doing. You notice that they didnt start playing good until Crawford and Bradley came into the game. They said it was a coaches decision not to start them and they didnt know the reasoning behind it, but I know, its because the man is a total and complete idiot. It was nice to see that Bradley and Crawford were cheerin on their teammates while they sat on the bench but I still didnt like the move of not starting them.

I agree with you.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:They were just lucky that Tenn. Tech was worse than them or they would have gotten beat with that lineup that mr ******* put out there. The only bright spot of that lineup as usual was Patterson. Harris hit a couple shots but other than that he was his usual bad self. This man truly does not know what he is doing. You notice that they didnt start playing good until Crawford and Bradley came into the game. They said it was a coaches decision not to start them and they didnt know the reasoning behind it, but I know, its because the man is a total and complete idiot. It was nice to see that Bradley and Crawford were cheerin on their teammates while they sat on the bench but I still didnt like the move of not starting them.

I dont think he is an idiot, and I also don't believe he has to tell us why he makes all of his decisions. The issue of not starting the two seniors was a decision made by BCG, and if he wants that decision to remain a team issue, then it should.

He may have thought that the seniors weren't showing leadership, or doing enough to take over a team that is dying for someone to step up besides Patterson.
I'm glad Billy G doesn't let the inmates run the prison. Show them who's in charge now and we won't have to worry about it later in the season. If they needed an attitude adjustment......I hope he got through to them......kudos Billy G.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:They were just lucky that Tenn. Tech was worse than them or they would have gotten beat with that lineup that mr put out there. The only bright spot of that lineup as usual was Patterson. Harris hit a couple shots but other than that he was his usual bad self. This man truly does not know what he is doing. You notice that they didnt start playing good until Crawford and Bradley came into the game. They said it was a coaches decision not to start them and they didnt know the reasoning behind it, but I know, its because the man is a total and complete idiot. It was nice to see that Bradley and Crawford were cheerin on their teammates while they sat on the bench but I still didnt like the move of not starting them.
I'd say what he was doing was sending a message. Its amazing how people can be critical of someone that knows a thousand times more about a subject than they do. The sad part is that you probably actually believe it.Rolleyes
I'm just glad that UK finally got a win. Its about time. I hope we can keep these winning ways up. Keep playing hard Cats.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I'm just glad that UK finally got a win. Its about time. I hope we can keep these winning ways up. Keep playing hard Cats.
Did Meeks play?
He got hurt again didnt he...i hope its not serious cause he is a huge offensive threat....and for FBALL i totally agree...i hate when people say things about our team and Billy G that know absolutly nothing about it..
I agree with Braves fan and benchwarmer on this one. Kentucky just got lucky in the fact that they played a team who is just a bad team but then again our schedule has alot of bad teams on it this year.
Can you seriously say that UKgirl....we have played that #1 team in the nation, the #15 team in the nation, louisville who has struggled but is real good and the sec that has #12 tennessee, and #17 vanderbilt...know noone in there right mind can say that we dont have a tough sceduale..
I saw on another board that they didnt start because they were late for a team meeting.
What I love about it all is, as bad as we needed a win, Billy G still stayed with his guns in benching those 2 and not pushing Meeks to play. I love it, the players will get it, OR GET OUT! We will eventually win, when the player do indeed understand what Billy G wants and what BILLY G is looking for! I love this guy and what he is doing...Rome wasn't built in a day UK fans. Give him time..we are going to lose more games I promise you, but they didn't hire this guy for nothing. You have to have a pretty good resume to get to the best coaching spot in a ll of sports IMO!
What's the big deal with Billy G benching Crawford and Bradley? Yeah, they came in the game with a fire under their arses, but all in all, UK will be better off next year without them. I'd take Liggins and Miller over them any day of the week. Crawford and Bradley are just a turnover waiting to happen, along with everyone else on the team besides Patterson.

I thought Billy G did the right thing. If these kids broke team rules, then they should suffer the consequences no matter how valuable or invaluable they are to the team.
Congrats UK. Anyone know anything about Meeks?
I realy like that Gillispie will not compromis his principles for a couple of defiant players who insist on bucking the system. UK will win or lose with those who accept Gillespie's system, and the players who don't like it can ride the pine.
I have quit arguin with you people about this. All I will say is that Crawford and Bradley are the seniors and besides Patterson and a healthy Meeks and Jasper they are the best players on the team. I would have understood if he had just not started them in the game and brought them in within a few minutes but to keep them out for the whole first half and alot of the second, thats just stupidity. Oh and besides UNC, Indiana and UAB, the schedule has been weak and we lost those 3 plus 2 more that should have been wins. The SEC isnt that great this year, I dont care what any of you say. Tennessee isnt what they were supposed to be, Florida lost everybody, Vanderbilt is good but everyone but UK is at this point in the season because they dont play anyone.
Congrats UK, better effort this game.
Good Game
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:What I love about it all is, as bad as we needed a win, Billy G still stayed with his guns in benching those 2 and not pushing Meeks to play. I love it, the players will get it, OR GET OUT! We will eventually win, when the player do indeed understand what Billy G wants and what BILLY G is looking for! I love this guy and what he is doing...Rome wasn't built in a day UK fans. Give him time..we are going to lose more games I promise you, but they didn't hire this guy for nothing. You have to have a pretty good resume to get to the best coaching spot in a ll of sports IMO!

One of the most INTELLIGENT responses that I have read all season. Provided that none of these leave early, what will everyone be complaining about when we have a roster as follows:

JODIE MEEKS
DEREK JASPER
PERRY STEVENSON
MICHAEL PORTER
RAMON HARRIS
MARK COURY
JARED CARTER (RED SHIRT)
PATRICK PATTERSON
A.J. STEWART
MIKE WILLIAMS
DEANDRE LIGGINS
DARIUS MILLER