Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Houston 84, Kentucky 69
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Joe Crawford scored 28 points and Jodie Meeks had 21 in his return from an injury for the Wildcats (4-5), who have lost four straight for the first time since 1989-90 when Pitino's first Kentucky team dropped five in a row.
15 point loss to Houston..WITH MEEKS..I just don't really know what to say!
As G'N'R' sang..."Just a little patience". Pintino lost five his first year and look how things turned out.
With Patterson, this would have been a very close game. Here's a big IF: IF Jasper comes back, Meeks stays healthy, and Patterson can play, UK is going to make a run at some point in this season, perhaps sooner rather than later. Getting Bradley off the point is crucial at both ends of the floor.
If we can get Crawford and Bradley to graduate, Carter, Porter, Coury, Stevenson, Harris, Mike Williams, Dwight Perry, and the walk-ons to transfer, then we might be good next year. Smile
BCF4L Wrote:If we can get Crawford and Bradley to graduate, Carter, Porter, Coury, Stevenson, Harris, Mike Williams, Dwight Perry, and the walk-ons to transfer, then we might be good next year. Smile

Hahahaha...aint that true. But I really do hope Kentucky can make a run during the season. But the way they are playing, I don't know if they really can. But I'm still pulling for the cats no matter how much or bad they lose. Go Cats!!!
I thought Porter played pretty good last night, he plays horrible D thought.
i don't know if i ever seen kentucky do soooo bad as they have in this early season
BCF4L Wrote:If we can get Crawford and Bradley to graduate, Carter, Porter, Coury, Stevenson, Harris, Mike Williams, Dwight Perry, and the walk-ons to transfer, then we might be good next year. Smile

Amen to that.
Smile
It seems to me that at times they play with no heart.
vundy33 Wrote:I thought Porter played pretty good last night, he plays horrible D thought.

he had how many traveling calls??? thats something you learn in middle school, or pee-wee... he has no business at UK, unless he was there to play football.. even the announcers were wondering how Porter can make so many turnovers and still stay in the game.. He is horrible on defense, and on offense he puts his head down and starts dribbling and then panics trying to find someone to give it to, and he ends up walking... porter and coury are the worst players in NCAA Div I.
mrfootball03 Wrote:he had how many traveling calls??? thats something you learn in middle school, or pee-wee... he has no business at UK, unless he was there to play football.. even the announcers were wondering how Porter can make so many turnovers and still stay in the game.. He is horrible on defense, and on offense he puts his head down and starts dribbling and then panics trying to find someone to give it to, and he ends up walking... porter and coury are the worst players in NCAA Div I.

I have to agree, Porter just doesn't have the talent to play for Kentucky, but half of the team doesn't either.
mrfootball03 Wrote:he had how many traveling calls??? thats something you learn in middle school, or pee-wee... he has no business at UK, unless he was there to play football.. even the announcers were wondering how Porter can make so many turnovers and still stay in the game.. He is horrible on defense, and on offense he puts his head down and starts dribbling and then panics trying to find someone to give it to, and he ends up walking... porter and coury are the worst players in NCAA Div I.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great point!
they are both <b>HORRIBLE<b/> and have no business at UK
porter especially

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great point!
they are both HORRIBLE and have no business at UK
porter especially
First half looked exceptionally well. Meeks really kept them in the game but it was his first game back in nearly 6 weeks so come 2nd half he was basically running on fuems. Too much atheleticism from Houston on both sides of the ball. They couldn't miss a shot they threw up and was physical on the defensive end. Rebounding killed UK, Houston had at one point 23 second chance points in the second half, UK got their first second chance bucket midway through the second half. Blocking out, its fundamental! Cats couldn't do that. You'd think with a 7'2 frame in Jared Carter that he would bring in the boards but he proved me and everyone else wrong. Crawford was the only one to keep us in the game and keep the score respectable. Would have been a huge difference if we had Patterson in the lineup, but thats the way the cookie crumbles. Congrats to coach Penders and Houston they are playing some good ball.
GOOD team ,bad coach . BCG makes some really bad call ,and then gets all over his players.
We were not diving for loose balls last night.Well we were but were getting beat.Kentucky is no fun to watch.could they lose 15 or 16 games.Yes!!Worst Ky team I have ever seen but with meeks and jasper coming back and patterson and sit some of those clowns on the bench this team could be fairly good by the end of the year.Our guards are terrible except for bradley.Im talking about handling the ball against pressure and making the entry pass to our big men underneath.
ballcrazy Wrote:GOOD team ,bad coach . BCG makes some really bad call ,and then gets all over his players.

If you think this team is good then you're crazy. There is no talent on this team other than Patterson, Meeks, and Jasper.

And the only of those 3 playing last night was Meeks, who played well until he got tired because he's so out of shape.
ComfortEagle Wrote:If you think this team is good then you're crazy. There is no talent on this team other than Patterson, Meeks, and Jasper.

And the only of those 3 playing last night was Meeks, who played well until he got tired because he's so out of shape.
Your right on about no talent.Dont listen to Ky fans or louisville fans flip it to espn and listen to everyone who has seen the cats play without wearing the blue and white glasses.The suck really bad.They would finish in the middle of the pack in conference USA.Without Billy on the sidelines,,maybe,,maybe it would be worse.Crawford kills me because he can score when were 20 down.How many threes did houston make last night with a KY player right there but too ignorant to get up on the man with the ball.Hard to watch,,no fun cats.
There's just no defense.
This game made me sick. Rebounding and defence was just terrible IMO. To many 3 point shots given to houston by the cats.
I honestly believe the game may have gone the other way had Patterson played. Not only would he likely have gotten 15-18 points, but even more importantly he would have probably grabbed 8-9 rebounds. If one thing hurt UK more than anything it was all the offensive boards and putbacks Houston got. I think at one point it was like 21-0 in second chance scoring. If PP plays, Houston doesn't get all those second chances.

Oh well. Good to see Meeks back and on his game. Hopefully as he gets back into shape he will be more of a factor in the second half.
For all of you that like to put Crawford down, think of this, if it wasnt for him that game would have been worse than it was. He played his *** off and what do you people do but put him down. Bradley was a no show in that game and that hurt, but hes like that alot of the time. Crawford and Meeks had scored the brunt of the points and Meeks in my opinion isnt at 100%. I think you all need to leave Crawford out of the equation when it comes to this team sucking so bad. Put the blame where it truly lies, on the coach and the crappy players he plays the most, like Porter, Coury and Harris. As soon as Jasper comes back, if he does at all this season, we will be a better team. He would run the point, with Bradley, Meeks, Crawford and Patterson filling out the other 4 starting spots. That will help alot, but not much as we are stuck with the dumbest coach in the history of basketball. I wouldnt be surprised if when Jasper does come back that Porter will still be starting with Jasper coming off the bench, just wait and see, I guarantee thats what happens.
More Cowbell Wrote:I honestly believe the game may have gone the other way had Patterson played. Not only would he likely have gotten 15-18 points, but even more importantly he would have probably grabbed 8-9 rebounds. If one thing hurt UK more than anything it was all the offensive boards and putbacks Houston got. I think at one point it was like 21-0 in second chance scoring. If PP plays, Houston doesn't get all those second chances.

Oh well. Good to see Meeks back and on his game. Hopefully as he gets back into shape he will be more of a factor in the second half.

It is amazing that it has come down to the fact that Patterson is the most important player on the team and he just stepped into the role. I hope he knows that if he sticks it out for another year or two then he will be a first rounder. Unlike Morris who jumped the gun and ruined a half a year of development.
Go Big Blue
gilispie sucks
patterson should have played
meeks and crawford have to be ball hogs
bradley is scared
coury couldnt start for south floyd
porter cant dribble
carter is taken up air
Jasper want shoot even if he does come back
Gilispie dont start crawford and he averages 18 pts a game
Thats what i thihnk about this years team

They want even make the tourney
So how upset will everyone be if UK has their first losing season in a while?
How long will that be anyways?
This game was a week and a half ago. Closed.