Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does UK's future look bright?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Marshall Co., Ky. 60, Rose Hill, Ky. 44

Marshall Co. came up with an emotional win in front of the hometown crowd in the absence of head coach Gus Gillespie. Just a week ago Gillespie's seven year old son Gunner was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. T-shirts in support of Gunner were scattered amongst the crowd, worn by several teams in warm ups and were even worn by the Rose Hill coaching staff during the game.

It was a grinding game in which the solid play of game MVP Scott McKentry led Marshall Co. to a break away win down the stretch.

Chad Jackson (2010 prospect) 18 points on 6 of 12 shooting, 1 of 1 from three, 5 of 9 from the line, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 3 turnovers

Jackson has the makings of being one of the better combo guard prospects in the class of 2010. An athletic 6-foot-4, he was the by far the best rebounder on the court and was able to create his shot when he wanted. Explosive going both directions, he can also finish proficiently with either hand. One of his most impressive plays of the game was when he took the ball from one lane into the other lane at the end of the half against full court pressure with only 3.7 seconds on the clock. Also a good defender, the one catch in his game appears to be his outside shot. He did hit his one three-point attempt at the end of the game, but he was reluctant to shoot from behind the arc throughout the game and was a little shaky at the line. But he is a shot maker, and I expect his jumper to improve throughout his career.

Dakotah Euton (2010 prospect) 9 points on 2 of 17 shooting, 1 of 8 from three, 4 of 7 from the line, 8 rebounds, 1 block, 3 turnovers

It wasn't the best night for Euton. The vast majority of his shots came up well short of the cylinder, including his power shots. To his credit, he played with effort till the end.

Its not looking like it look at Euton's performance and hes already commited to the cats!!!
He is a sophomore.... So he has time to make himself better, and I'm sure if he didn't have and talent that Coach K, Billy Donovan, and Billy Gillespie wouldn't have recruited him.
I still think we should have waited to offer him. For all we know he'll fall completely off the radar by his senior year.
Last game I read about, Euton had 18 pt, good amount of rebounds, and seemed to be a great sop. center.
Gotta take some chances
The future dont look to bright .. wish i could say that it did
Everyone has a bad game now and then.
It's just one game. Heck Miller only had 10 points all of them hard earned at the expo center and I don't see anyone complaining about that. I agree with Blackcat Student that give him time he only has room for improvement.
:lmao:
alfus21 Wrote:I still think we should have waited to offer him. For all we know he'll fall completely off the radar by his senior year.
Rolleyes
I think it could be but its going to take a lot of dedication by both the players and coaches in the off-season
I have said since last year that Jackson is a better prospect than Euton. Euton is a 6'8" spot up shooter and a very good shooter. Jackson is 6'4" PG, athletic and can create for himself and others. IMO Jackson will be is much better.