Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rich Rodriguez to Michigan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CBS just reported during the Steelers game that WVU had a meeting this morning and Coach Rodriguez announced to his players he will be filling the Michigan coaching position.
Michigan couldn't stop the spread offense, now they have a coach that loves to run the spread.... Great hire for Michigan!
I would rather seen Rich stay at WVU but its a very good hire for Michigan!

Now go beat Ohio State!!!!!
Great hire for Michigan! I don't blame him for leaving even though like mentioned, I would rather him stay at WV!
Great hire for Michigan, congrats coach.
I'm actually kind of surprised, really thought he would state with WVU. Great hire for Michigan none the less, Rich will do a great job there.
I wonder if Noel Devine will transfer?
Great hire for Michigan!
Rodriquez is a good hire for Michigan but will he be able to bring that style of offense to the big 10 and the 3-3-5 defense and make it work
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I wonder if Noel Devine will transfer?

I hope he does transfer!!! But I am so glad that we got a pretty good coach. Man!!! This is awesome!
High school quarterback Terrelle Pryor — the No. 1 recruit in the nation according to Rivals.com — was apparently also among the first to know the coach was on the move.
Before the news broke in the national media, Pryor – a star quarterback from Jeanette, Pa., – told Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell that Rodriguez was heading to the Wolverines.
"Add Michigan to my list," Pryor said early Sunday afternoon. "Rich Rod is headed to Michigan. I just spoke to him earlier this morning and he told me he's gone." "We talked at 10 a.m. this morning and I told him Michigan just got on my list," Pryor told the AP on Sunday night.
Great hire for Michigan. Congrats Coach Rodriguez!!!!
Michigan has a pretty good quarterback in Ryan Mallett (#1 or #2 among QB's last season), but he is obviously not a spread quarterback... could mean a move for him....

I have to say I didn't see this one coming.... but Michigan got a pretty doggone good hire....
Slam Dunk for the Wolverines. Pryor is going to Michigan, thats almost a guarantee, and he will flourish. Mallett is gone I presume...maybe...ARKANSAS????
Michigan just got a hellofa ball coach
Great move for the Wolverines to bring in a system that will give most of the Big 10 fits. It will take a couple years to fill out the personnel, but it will be well worth it in the end.

Michigan has snagged WVU's basketball and football coaches both in 7 months.
WVU better keep an eye on their girls B-Ball coach...LOL
I hate to see Rich-Rod leave my Mountaineers but I don't blame him. I like Michigan. I hope he does good up there.
I wonder who gets the Mountaineer job. I am excited to see who we get. I hope its a spread offensive type coach. Look for a big name!
In a few years Michigan will be a powerhouse of the spread offense. Rich will just have to recruit certain kids to feel the rolls of the spread.
corndog23 Wrote:Slam Dunk for the Wolverines. Pryor is going to Michigan, thats almost a guarantee, and he will flourish. Mallett is gone I presume...maybe...ARKANSAS????

Arkansas would make sense....

He is a Texas kid.... I know a school with a new coach (Texas A&M) that would kill to have him after McGee leaves next season...

Rodriguez mentioned in his press conference he would fit his offense around the talent they have at the moment.... and I dont think Rodriguez is an idiot... kid is huge and has a big arm.... still a chance he stays I would reckon...
If they get Pryor then they will be unstoppable in a few years..IMO
BCS game still left for WV. I think they should charge these coaches double the price for leaving early. I know its just a job but come on, your coaching young men and thanks for leaving them for Michigan buh.
FreakNasty Wrote:Arkansas would make sense....

He is a Texas kid.... I know a school with a new coach (Texas A&M) that would kill to have him after McGee leaves next season...

Rodriguez mentioned in his press conference he would fit his offense around the talent they have at the moment.... and I dont think Rodriguez is an idiot... kid is huge and has a big arm.... still a chance he stays I would reckon...

I share the same sentiments. But I think if Pryor commits to play at Michigan, chances of Mallett satying go WAY down.
corndog23 Wrote:I share the same sentiments. But I think if Pryor commits to play at Michigan, chances of Mallett satying go WAY down.

yep....
I might have missed it. I haven't checked in a few days, but I heard on http://www.tristatepreps.com that they're looking at Terry Bowden. I think that would be fine with me.
Im a Michigan fan now just because of Rodriguez, I am a huge fan of him. One of the more intense coaches in the game today and bringing the spread option to Ann Arbor he should turn the program around, heck of a hire.
This is the greatest news of the year for me. I am a huge Michigan fan and cant wait to see what Pryor decides to do.
I am a WVU nut. I have always been a fan of Michigan. I like them even more now. I look forward to playing them soon. These things seem to always work out like that. You watch. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the ended up playing in a bowl game next yr....That would be cool.