Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Derrick Jasper??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what is the latest since he had to leave practice cause of pain in his knee?
Doesn't look good!
Hopefully before UofL game.
I'd say Jasper is finished until next season. This type injury almost always requires at least a year to heal completly.. Jason Kidd missed a season when he had this same surgery. Most athletes that have this kind of surgery don't ever make it back. Mashburn had it and he had to retire, he was in incredible pain when he came back and played through the year and then retired. There was a list of players that had this surgery and only 2 came back and played.
kyrifle Wrote:I'd say Jasper is finished until next season. This type injury almost always requires at least a year to heal completly.. Jason Kidd missed a season when he had this same surgery. Most athletes that have this kind of surgery don't ever make it back. Mashburn had it and he had to retire, he was in incredible pain when he came back and played through the year and then retired. There was a list of players that had this surgery and only 2 came back and played.

There have been plenty of athletes to have this surgery, and many many many of them came back to participate in their sport of choice. Amare Stoudamire, Jason Kidd, John Stockton, Zach Randolph, Antonio McDyess, Chris Webber, Allan Houston, Penny Hardaway, Kenyon Martin has had TWO microfracture surgeries. It is really a case by case issue and it sounds VERY promising for Jasper to be back with the team at the beginning of the 2008 year, Probably by the UL game.
I hope you're right and he gets to come back this year. The ones you named only Kidd and stoudamire came back at 100%. We'll just have to hope Jasper heals like these two.
I hope he comes back we need a good point guard...