Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Falcons Coach Bobby Petrino to coach Arkansas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice long stay in the NFL for the former Cardinal Coach.

http://www.kentucky.com/254/story/256038.html
Seems like he would of talked to Pitino first lol
Greatness...
Totally Different world in the pros.
What a sleeze. Petrino will be at Arkansas for 3 years maybe, and then he will move on to a newer, more sexy position. Dude just told Blank yesterday he was looking forward to coaching the Falcons. How can a person trust this dude?
So many college coaches make the mistake of being blinded by the glamour of the big leagues. Sad to see a good college coach abandon his team like that just to return to the NCAA a year later.
RavenBoy Wrote:Seems like he would of talked to Pitino first lol

Rick Pitino is the poster boy for what you shouldnt do. lol
I am actually glad..Always liked Petrino!
Thought it would been cool for Borhm to play for Petrino in the NFL, but I think this is a good hire for Arkansas.Pertrino is a good coach at the College level.
I think it's pretty low to leave his team during the season, when the Falcons still have 3 games left. I read that several of Atlanta's players thought it was completely classless.

Oh well. I do think he will win at Arkansas. Will be odd seeing him in Commonwealth next year when he brings his Hogs (sans McFadden) to play the Cats.
Man does this guy have character or what...lol
DeAngelo Hall completely RIPPED Petrino last night on ESPN. Said if he saw him in the street he would have absolutely nothing to say to the man. Jay Feeley also said on a sports talk radio show last night that Petrino was a huge jerk to everyone, from management, to the players and to the waterboy. Absolute jerk. How can anyone like this guy?
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/s...ortCat=ncf

Check out what Pat Forde has to say about Mr. Petrino
Petrino is a piece of crap for doing Falcons like that.
Petrino will be at Arkansas for two years, then he'll jet Fayetteville to coach a Notre Dame/Michigan school..
He has no class what so ever.
I think that this is the worst move by any coach I have ever seen. Not only do you look like a quiter, but you lose all credibility when you are going to tell a 17-18 year old kid that you are in it for the long haul. Petrino is a pathetic little man and he shouldn't be allowed in the coaching profession. You know if you can't hack it in the pros at least stay two years or you know through the entire first year. Plus you add in that he left in the middle of the night ala Baltimore Colts because he knew he was a coward. Watch out Arkansas he'll be leaving you soon so don't get rid of the hiring committee just yet.
-STAT- Wrote:He has no class what so ever.

I extremely, completely, and totally second this statement!!!!!!!!!
TRUST......? Why type of speech will he give to potential players that he is seeking to recruit. "I will be here to watch you graduate Trust ME".
So will he be coaching in the bowl game
I guess so, if he doesn't leave before then.

Cards09 Wrote:So will he be coaching in the bowl game
I think if the coach leves a school ,then he/she should have to sit out of coaching just like the players. BUT as always the players gets the shaft ,and the coach gets the gold mine.
He has already had a DB de-commit and commit to Boston College stating he didn't want to play for a guy who had that kind of character.
He is a bum who cares for nobody but himself.I feel bad for arkansas.