Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jared Carter Not Transferring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Per Matt Jones.

He says that Carter's dad said that Jared was disappointed in playing time but he was not going to transfer. Carter says he will work harder to try and earn more playing time.

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=4387
I don't blame him. Carter is a good guy, and I hate that he is having a hard time keeping up but no point in transferring now. Might as well stick to it and just keep trying.
This is sad news for kentucky. They could have really used him not being there and all with being able to get a scholly.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:This is sad news for kentucky. They could have really used him not being there and all with being able to get a scholly.

Yeah it's really sad. I'm heartbroken Rolleyes
Carter needs to go. He is terrible.
sumj45 Wrote:Carter needs to go. He is terrible.
Agreed
I was the first on another website that said this. He is horrible. I watched him from the time he played his first game until his very last at Scott County, had he been 6' instead of 7', i wouldn't have picked him for my playground team.

He is a waste of benchspace for UK, and will never be anything close to a D-1 player.

It breaks my heart that he chooses to stay... but at the same time, it breaks my heart that Billy G may choose to keep him.

He's tall... big deal. But so is the Statue of liberty.......
ronald_reagan Wrote:... but at the same time, it breaks my heart that Billy G may choose to keep him.

Not much of a choice to it. Billy Gillispie throws a scholarship player off the team and I don't think players would be exactly chompin' at the bit to come play for him. I would understand if he meets and tells him he isn't going to play much if any and then give Jared the choice but coaches don't just revoke scholarships on kids who try their best but may not have the talent to keep up.

Maybe everybody is right, maybe Carter leaving would open up a scholarship for a player that is better. I don't know. I just hate to see him struggling like this. Maybe a transfer by him would work better in his favor. Maybe by his dad saying that he means "not transferring this year"
alfus21 Wrote:Not much of a choice to it. Billy Gillispie throws a scholarship player off the team and I don't think players would be exactly chompin' at the bit to come play for him. I would understand if he meets and tells him he isn't going to play much if any and then give Jared the choice but coaches don't just revoke scholarships on kids who try their best but may not have the talent to keep up.

Maybe everybody is right, maybe Carter leaving would open up a scholarship for a player that is better. I don't know. I just hate to see him struggling like this. Maybe a transfer by him would work better in his favor. Maybe by his dad saying that he means "not transferring this year"

Thats exactly what I was referring to. Tell him he either goes, or sits the whole year... and then cross your fingers that Carter isn't wearing a wire. But on top of that, he could easily just ditch him... after all, he didnt' recruit him.. and until he breaks the trust of one of his own, it'll be hard to make the charge that you pointed to in the post above.

Jared needs to go. He needs to understand that he hurts the very team he says he wants to help. Imagine another Patterson taking his place? Heck imagine another Todd Svoboda. Big Grin
ronald_reagan Wrote:Heck imagine another Todd Svoboda. Big Grin

Smile I don't know. Him and Carter are an awful lot alike.
alfus21 Wrote:Smile I don't know. Him and Carter are an awful lot alike.

Smile Smile

But wait! Todd did this!

Carter seems like he would be a better fit at Georgetown, or maybe playing for Donnie Jones at Marshall, EKU, but not UK... ****, i don't even think he'd make it at WKU..
When did Coach G throw someone off the team?
It just hit me that UK and Tubby actually gave a SCHOLARSHIP TO JARED CARTER..I mean, that person that I have seen play and dress what seems like 2 times, has a scholarship at the University of Kentucky..Dear God!!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:It just hit me that UK and Tubby actually gave a SCHOLARSHIP TO JARED CARTER..I mean, that person that I have seen play and dress what seems like 2 times, has a scholarship at the University of Kentucky..Dear God!!!
Yea I know what ya mean.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Smile Smile

But wait! Todd did this!

I was there in the arena when that happened! Was a great capper to a great game!

That was maybe the most dominating run through the NCAA regionals ever...
it seems to have been a trend over tubby's last few years, it didn't matter how your skills were if you were anywhere around 7 ft you were getting a scholarship. You may be an all-american discus thrower, but if you were 7 ft you can come to kentucky to play basketball...terrible recruiting the last few years, with the exception of Rondo of course.
More Cowbell Wrote:I was there in the arena when that happened! Was a great capper to a great game!

That was maybe the most dominating run through the NCAA regionals ever...

I wasn't there. Wanted to be though. Sad

Quite a team, and quite a tourney.

Jarrod Carter wouldn't have started for Scott County if he wasn't 7'. But then again, he DIDNT start until his senior year... is it any wonder why??

Just curious, after me, who has watched him play the most?
Darn, I wish he would transfer. We could use that scholarship on someone who actually plays!
why cant we get Richie Farmer back?
RavenBoy Wrote:why cant we get Richie Farmer back?
His wife wont let him go on the road trips.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:His wife wont let him go on the road trips.
lol goodone Smile
Yet another one of Tubby's short comings as a recruiter. He seemed to be good at picking up 7 foot tall bean poles with little to no talent.
ronald_reagan Wrote:I wasn't there. Wanted to be though. Sad

Quite a team, and quite a tourney.

Jarrod Carter wouldn't have started for Scott County if he wasn't 7'. But then again, he DIDNT start until his senior year... is it any wonder why??

Just curious, after me, who has watched him play the most?

I watch alot of Kentucky basketball and the little he did touch the court he never ceased to disapoint me.
It takes these players 4 years just to learn how to catch the ball.
Not sure how to spell his name but I'll take a shot at and hopefully you'll know who im talking about...Shigarry Aleen. Straight from the heart of Africa and it didnt look very likely that he had even touched a basketball prior to his trip to the States.
Cardsftw2010 Wrote:Not sure how to spell his name but I'll take a shot at and hopefully you'll know who im talking about...Shigarry Aleen. Straight from the heart of Africa and it didnt look very likely that he had even touched a basketball prior to his trip to the States.
Yea thats true, He would get lucky every now and then and get a block.:Clap:
If I was Jared Carter, I would take my own scholarship away for being so bad and free it up for someone WHO DESERVES IT,..JUST MY OPINION!
Cardsftw2010 Wrote:Straight from the heart of Africa and it didnt look very likely that he had even touched a basketball prior to his trip to the States.

What in the world are you talking about?

Shagari Safari was from New York City, born and raised. Rolleyes