Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Competition Bleeps & Bloopers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd love for y'all to share your favorite Cheer Competition "bleeps" and/or "Bloopers"! (If you need to omit the names to "protect the innocent'... we'll understand!)

Over the course of many years (a) being a Cheerleader (b) Coaching Cheerleaders © being the parent of a Cheer leader (d) judging Cheer leaders ... one could very well "write a book" on all of the goings and comings in the sport! I'll share one or two of mine later. I just thought this might be a great chance to share and enjoy before everyone puts on their "competition faces"!
Actually, today I just heard a funny story. I cheer at MU and we had our Christmas party tonight. Some of my teammates went to the West Virginia State Cheer Competition, and of course I asked how some of the consistent champions did. One of the teams had a cheerleader, who, after doing standing 2-full, flashed the audience. Her top came up completely over her bra. She wasn't wearing a sports bra; my friend described it as a Victoria's Secret bra. She said the whole crowd gasped and the girl was just sitting on one knee in her position with a big smile. When she realized what happened, she pulled it down. I bet it was HILARIOUS!
It's funny you put this on here today, since that just happened yesterday.
I always love watching the video of a Kentucky State Competition (not the KAPOS one) in Frankfort where the chick was sick and as she was standing in line before her tumbling pass, she pukes in a potted plant.... and goes right on with the show!

Then there's the one where the chick got hit in the mouth & lost a tooth... finished the routine with blood pouring down her chin.....

I also love the comps where the cheer curlz fly out....

Girls in stunts, projectile puking while climbing.... yikes....
Lisa Douglas Wrote:I always love watching the video of a Kentucky State Competition (not the KAPOS one) in Frankfort where the chick was sick and as she was standing in line before her tumbling pass, she pukes in a potted plant.... and goes right on with the show!

Then there's the one where the chick got hit in the mouth & lost a tooth... finished the routine with blood pouring down her chin.....

I also love the comps where the cheer curlz fly out....

Girls in stunts, projectile puking while climbing.... yikes....
:eek:
YES.... these things are not even the tip of the iceberg on the ol B&B-o-meter!
(I always enjoy the uniform malfunctions...)
I know that when I was in grade school we were in a competition and we were watching the others compete. Well, this one girl was up front in everything and when they got to the toe touches, she was at the point. She did her jump and it was beautiful. But about the time she hit it, a feminine product flew out and landed right on the mat. I'm sure that had to be embarrassing for her, because I was embarrassed for her.

I have all kinds of stories, but don't know which ones to tell cause of confidentiality. I don't want someone discovered or someone upset with me.
Oh Good Grief............. you've caused even my eyebrows to raise with a healthy chuckle @ the monitor on that one...
This was certainly in the realm of hilarious things I was hoping someone would share!
does it have to be just competition?
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:does it have to be just competition?

Heck no... let's open it up! It's our thread and we can post however we want to!Wink
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Heck no... let's open it up! It's our thread and we can post however we want to!Wink

NOT quite!!! LOLOL..... I am gonna moderate the HECK outta this one ... Smile

BUT feel free to post some bloopers JUST NO NAMES or team names....
youtube has some great cheer bloopers!
15thRegionCheer Wrote:Thank You phs1986 i don't believe that this is all about Magoffin. Yes they have had there ups and downs but what team hasn't? 2 years ago everyone thought that Magoffin was no competition, but they showed up and blew everyone away. Just saying that maybe you should cut them some slack and focus on your own team, and if you are from Magoffin maybe you need to show more support for your school!

I don't think Magoffin was mentioned in any of the above posts. I will however edit any post that lists a name or team name. SO... be warned with that!! :p

I have a few bloopers myself from "back in the old days" that I may add to this thread.... ???? Who knows?? Wink
The following stories are from many different people and many did not originate from the high school I attended (since everyone knows what it is anyhow).
1. I knew a girl who was an advanced tumbler. I took gymastics with her every now and then, and every time she would throw anything out of her full she would wet herself. So in competition she had to wear extra protection. Luckily hers never fell out.

2. This happened to me. During pre-game at our school, we'll do cheers and dance when the band plays. But when we don't have a dance to one of the songs we'll stunt and tumble. So I was excited about my one-on-one (r-o hand tuck) cause I had been working on getting it really high.
I started running from the corner to do my pass, and out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the other cheerleaders already beginning her round-off. I knew if I kept going that I would collide with her and we'd both be hurt. So I tried to stop myself but I had too much momentum.

I threw myself on the floor, on my belly, and went sliding across the gym floor! Everyone stopped, even the band. I slid so far and so fast that I actually had a place down my skirt where it had melted cause it got so hot. I was so embarrassed. I just stood up and spirited "Go Central!" and went back to my spot in the sideline. And of course with my luck, it was on TV

i'll post more later...i have plenty
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:
The following stories are from many different people and many did not originate from the high school I attended (since everyone knows what it is anyhow).

1. I knew a girl who was an advanced tumbler. I took gymastics with her every now and then, and every time she would throw anything out of her full she would wet herself. So in competition she had to wear extra protection. Luckily hers never fell out.

2. This happened to me. During pre-game at our school, we'll do cheers and dance when the band plays. But when we don't have a dance to one of the songs we'll stunt and tumble. So I was excited about my one-on-one (r-o hand tuck) cause I had been working on getting it really high.
I started running from the corner to do my pass, and out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the other cheerleaders already beginning her round-off. I knew if I kept going that I would collide with her and we'd both be hurt. So I tried to stop myself but I had too much momentum.

I threw myself on the floor, on my belly, and went sliding across the gym floor! Everyone stopped, even the band. I slid so far and so fast that I actually had a place down my skirt where it had melted cause it got so hot. I was so embarrassed. I just stood up and spirited "Go Central!" and went back to my spot in the sideline. And of course with my luck, it was on TV

i'll post more later...i have plenty

I have a similar one that happened to me that I'll post later... LOLOL..... BUT I can honestly say that I feel your pain!! Smile
this past year at state some girl thew up on the bases head or something.
i think it was in the coed division.
dont remember the team tho.
I do... but I won't post it... and to beat it all... it was right in front of .... wait for it.... Brigid DeVries !!!LOL... She had just come into the competition and had been seated with the KAPOS President and (KUWAHHHHH) chunks went flyin' less than 8' from her..... it hit other cheer leaders and was everywhere. I will say this, it did not deter anyone on that squad and trust me... it should have... when the routine was over, they suspended competition, called in janitorial folks, and they brought bottlesof disinfectant and the KAPOS President, herself, had the Hoover out there... helping to clear the mat. This was but a brief interruption and the show did indeed, go on!

**C'mon PHS1986... please share!
My Sophomore year We were running off the floor
after a floor cheer and all of a sudden i tripped over
my own feet and smacked the floor and i was so embarassed
bc everyone stopped and shouted OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!
I felt like the biggest idiot but know when i look back at it
2 years later i laugh bc it was so funny!
:0]