Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Virginia 111 Wake Forest 105 2OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was a great game and what an upset by the Mountaineers. I dont think anyone saw this coming. This just screws up my bracket even more. Wake Forest was another one of my Final 4 teams.
nice job by the mountaineers of west virginia, pretty poor job on wake for letting them shoot open shots, but west virginias defense was clutch
Gansey was a huge factor in the ovetimes. He was on fire. Im glad that West Virginia won but wallet just keeps taking the hits.

Downey for Wake Forest really fought his heart out though in his last game. Im sad to see him go.
This was an awesome game. The mountaineers proved that they can be a top notch team in the ncaa and will be a force in the nex couple years.
lol...dont get too carried away, west virginia is looking like a cinderella team, there wont be ne thing to look forward to in the next 2 years, lets just treasure this moment for them
Been a good day of basketball. UK winning and the ACC losing..
Billy packer played at Wake
I hate packer thus i hate Wake.
Congrats to WVU
I can see you.
What a game...Congrats to WV!!
This was a nice game to watch. I think his name was Downey(lefty) for Wake, her was awsome, but WV played a nice game...
very very disappointing effort by the deamon decans, they were post to be in st. louis in a lock position.....chris paul is still player of the year
Wow what a game, it was a good day to be a mountaineer maniac, the whole family was very stoked. This is reminding me of 1998 alot, just hoping that they will go even further, looks like they could pull it over Tech, and the best thing about WVU is they have no star players, they play like no other team in college b-ball, alot of hard work and determination, as they have undoubtably proved.
ur gettin kinda carried away..there are at least 2 teams that play better as a team, and thats north carolina and illinois...west virginia has a good shot at beating texas tech, but bobby knight will have those kids ready to go
yea well WVU is definately a team to look out for...and i didnt even expect this to happen, not in a single part of my mind...in one of my brackets i actually had creighton beating them, little did i know would they end up beating Wake (one of my final 4 teams) out of the tourny and march on to the sweet 16...i knwo Knight will have the T-Tech team ready for the game but the Mountaineers are playing liek they refuse to get beat right now, no matter what happens...for example, Wake hit a 3 to send it into OT at the end of regulation and a 3 to send it into double OT if i am not mistaken but they kept playing their hearts out and won the game!
Congrats Moutaineers
the kids from mountainner land can stroke the trifactas...
"dirty30" Wrote:yea well WVU is definately a team to look out for...and i didnt even expect this to happen, not in a single part of my mind...in one of my brackets i actually had creighton beating them, little did i know would they end up beating Wake (one of my final 4 teams) out of the tourny and march on to the sweet 16...i knwo Knight will have the T-Tech team ready for the game but the Mountaineers are playing liek they refuse to get beat right now, no matter what happens...for example, Wake hit a 3 to send it into OT at the end of regulation and a 3 to send it into double OT if i am not mistaken but they kept playing their hearts out and won the game!
Congrats Moutaineers

You would be correct. Downey made both of them. He wasnt going down with out a fight.

Your right there Wafer they can shoot the threes. I really dont like Pittsnoggle though, all those tattoes. White trash is all that comes to mind when I see him.
That was the absolute Best Basketball game I have ever saw in College. Both teams played with tremendous heart and you could really tell they both wanted to win. When Paul fouled out, I was pretty sure that sealed it for the Moutaineers, but Taron Downy kept on fighting and hitting all the big shots until the 2nd OT, he got a little cold and the Mountaineer's started running away with it. Very great game to watch.

This also screwed up my brackets too Sad . I had Wake in the Final Four. My bracket is shot all to pieces. 3 of my Final 4 teams are already out (Kansas, Syracuse, and Wake Forest) My last one is Illinois, hopefully they can at least make it to the championship game where I have them going. I had Kansas winning it all
The past is history, the future a mystery. Today is a gift,that's why it is called "the present". Just three?
kentucky and duke in 92 will always be the greatest game in the tourney..but this one wasnt that bad... :!:
this game definately killed my bracket..
What does "this" refer to?
Great game but I would have rather been able to watch UK.
did u not get to see the game catdawg? i thought they showed the kentucky game to this whole region