Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WOW...Any news on Scotty Hopson or maybe a Mike Williams, Carter transfer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After watching today's game, its going to take a while to get Tubby's guys out of there. I don't know why Porter or Coury plays, but I guess you go to play with what you got. With this in mind, does anyone have any updates on landing the 5 star in state Scotty Hopson who originally gave a verbal to MSU? And, does anyone have any info on a possible transfer for Carter and Williams (don't know what rumors to believe). Personally, if this is true, I'd sign the release and use the schollies for '09...

Any thoughts...?
WE NEED HOPSON IN THE WORST WAY! And we have to play Coury because we have NO OTHER big man besides Patterson, and I literally mean that. Nobody with size whatsoever on this team! I feel sorry for Billy G!
fballfan07 Wrote:After watching today's game, its going to take a while to get Tubby's guys out of there. I don't know why Porter or Coury plays, but I guess you go to play with what you got. With this in mind, does anyone have any updates on landing the 5 star in state Scotty Hopson who originally gave a verbal to MSU? And, does anyone have any info on a possible transfer for Carter and Williams (don't know what rumors to believe). Personally, if this is true, I'd sign the release and use the schollies for '09...

Any thoughts...?

I said it before the signed him and have said it ever since they signed him, Carter is a waste of a scholarship. IDK about Williams, he really hasn't got a chance to show his talents if he even has any.
Redneck Wrote:I said it before the signed him and have said it ever since they signed him, Carter is a waste of a scholarship. IDK about Williams, he really hasn't got a chance to show his talents if he even has any.

Maybe you should join a D1 recruiting staff then, because UK wasn't the only big school to offer him. UNC and Illinois did too. I agree though, that he does suck.
Sucks isn't the word!
alfus21 Wrote:Maybe you should join a D1 recruiting staff then, because UK wasn't the only big school to offer him. UNC and Illinois did too. I agree though, that he does suck.

Rolleyes Why do you alwasy say that? It was obvious in high school that he was terrible when guys 6-3 and 6-4 were eatin him alive, out reboundin him etc. The only reason he got recruited by anybody was because he is 7'. Size is overrated in every sport. Same goes with Alleyne, he got signed because he was 7' tall and look how that worked out.
so does anyone have any news on hopson or these rumors?
Redneck Wrote:Rolleyes Why do you alwasy say that? It was obvious in high school that he was terrible when guys 6-3 and 6-4 were eatin him alive, out reboundin him etc. The only reason he got recruited by anybody was because he is 7'. Size is overrated in every sport. Same goes with Alleyne, he got signed because he was 7' tall and look how that worked out.

Because it is the truth, and not opinion. The fact that he was offered to those schools regardless of why is the point. Not every 7 footer gets recruited. I admit now that he isn't big time D1 material but I'm not going to try and be proud by saying "I knew it all along"

Either way, he's not transferring per his dad. Sorry guys.

As for Hopson, those rumors will be around for a while. We'll probably have to wait quite a while to find out anything with substance.
Kentucky Sports Radio Wrote:After a forgettable weekend for the Cats in Bloomington, thoughts of the UK fan base naturally turn towards the future. Future Cat Darius Miller continues his great start to the season and provides the Cats with immediate help on the offensive end of the court, the moment he steps on campus. DeAndre Liggins provides much needed athleticism that would pay immediate dividends not only on offense, but on guarding top-notch wing players.

But there are still more openings to consider. With 1 to 2 scholarships still available, 2008 recruits are still out there and ready to be had. We will introduce you to another of these young men tomorrow, but tonight I had a chance to catch up with Hopkinsville’s Scotty Hopson, one of the most talented kids to come out of Kentucky in years. Hopson originally committed to Mississippi State, but didnt sign his LOI this fall. That makes him open for the taking, and as you can see from Scotty’s comments, lots of schools are getting involved.

What is your current situation as far as your recruitment?

Right now I am just hearing what everyone is saying. Lots of schools are calling and I just want to hear what they have to say.

What schools are contacting you?

Right now, Louisville, Tennessee, Ohio State, Cincinnati, Kentucky and a few other schools. They are calling and I am listening to what they have to say.

People always want to know about the order of schools. Is that order in terms of your favorite schools?

Nah, nah nothing like that. I dont have a list right now because I am just hearing schools out. Lists are just lists man, thats all.

How has Coach Gillispie tried to sell Kentucky to you?

You know he just talks about what I would do if I went there. He talks about his system and how he wants to play and how I could fit in. I like him and he knows his stuff.

Some people have reported that Coach Pitino gave you a two year plan to the NBA and Coach Gillispie a one year plan. What were those plans like?

I dont know where people get stuff sometimes. I dont know about plans, but they just told me how they could showcase my skills.

A guy you know well, Darius Miller has committed to Kentucky. Do you think you would enjoy playing with him?

Yeah, Darius is a great player. Me and him know each other well and play with each other a lot. I would definitely like playing with him and I think our games are good together.

Both Kentucky and Louisville have struggled a bit early on. Does that effect your decision at all?

Nah I dont care about that. What they do before I get there is the past. When I am there it is different. So it doesnt really matter to me at all.

What is going to help you make your final decision?

Just a lot of things. I want to get along with the coach and see where I can fit in the best. One day I will just know and then I will make my choice.

http://www.kentuckysportsradio.com
^Thanks for posting Uncle Buck. That's something with substance as I said Smile Be interesting to see how this one turns out with all those schools after him, especially all the great recruiters (Pitino, Gillispie, Matta, Pearl)
I heard the other day that Scotty Hopson is leaning toward Tennessee.