Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kapos 08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So how is everyone looking this year?

What division are ya'll competing in?

How do you think competing at the Expo will change things?
Magoffin looks awful. Since Coach Skaggs had to step down the team has went south. Another stupid move by the Magoffin Co. Board of Ed., but what's new.
Earnhardt Fan Wrote:Magoffin looks awful. Since Coach Skaggs had to step down the team has went south. Another stupid move by the Magoffin Co. Board of Ed., but what's new.

I believe this deserves it own "THREAD".
Girls... PLEASE keep this on topic..... It is about KAPOS... NOT individuals.....
Thank you phs1986. Everyone has there ups and downs. 2 years ago no one thought that Magoffin would have a chance at region and they pulled out a win! Region is wide open its one shot to do what you have to do, anyone can fall, anyone can be off. So just don't judge people until you see what they have.
15thRegionCheer Wrote:Thank you phs1986. Everyone has there ups and downs. 2 years ago no one thought that Magoffin would have a chance at region and they pulled out a win! Region is wide open its one shot to do what you have to do, anyone can fall, anyone can be off. So just don't judge people until you see what they have.

WELL... I wish ALL squads in EVERY division the best of luck. Whether it be district, region, state, or nationals!!
anybody have ANY info?
I believe that Pike White(junior High) is competing in the medium division against Magoffin and Johnson Central. I think that Pikeville Maroon is doing Traditional this year, with Belfry going in the large division. I do not know any other divisions.
Sounds like medium division will be good this year! Pike Central is going small. Can't wait to watch all these talented squads!
Does anyone know what Prestonsburg is doing?
does anyone know about East Ridge?
:0]
I would also like to know about East Ridge?..
Do they have any suprises??
freshie11 Wrote:I would also like to know about East Ridge?..
Do they have any suprises??

I don't know if they do....but I know Sheldon Clark does!!!! :Clap:
What division are the Cardinals going in?
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:What division are the Cardinals going in?

Small Coed
oh wow! I bet that will be good. I had no idea they had male cheerleaders. Good Luck! Can't wait to watch
hillbilly Wrote:I believe that Pike White(junior High) is competing in the medium division against Magoffin and Johnson Central. I think that Pikeville Maroon is doing Traditional this year, with Belfry going in the large division. I do not know any other divisions.

I thought that SC was Medium and JC was going large. Did they recently change or has that how its always been?
15thRegionCheer Wrote:I thought that SC was Medium and JC was going large. Did they recently change or has that how its always been?

We were medium but then 2 girls moved away suddenly, so we added some boys and 2 eighth graders.
SC is def. gonna rock. =]
any news on other co-eds?
or how about Belfry, how are they looking this year?
Small coed with the cardinals in there is most def. gonna look like a great comp, well ALL divisions will be a great comp. but WOW i cant wait for all you guys/girls to see SCHS perform at KAPOS. i just hope they hit everything ontime. and make it look sharp!..
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE COMPETEING!!
Actually..... Magoffin County looks pretty good this year! They may have a new coach, but that dosent mean anything!!!!
Two of SC's fliers are injured....we don't know if they can compete or not. They def can't tumble. We will probably have to make some changes and IT BLOWS! If we win we might have them back for State.
I just have to say that I was impressed with both Pike Central and East Ridge cheerleaders tonight. Pike Central's tumbling has improved and their stunts were amazing!! East Ridge was SO sharp and loud! I was so proud! Just wanna say great job to both squads and I can't wait to see what ya'll have in store!!
What about JC? I heard they were large..
Not sure. I thought they were going medium though.

Is anyone else competing in small?
Does anyone know if anyone besides Pike Central had declared small? I heard Prestonburg was but not for sure. If no one else declares small Pike Central will get a free pass to state.
I know, thats why I wanted to know. I'd love for them to have some competition. (not saying I want them to lose) But it wouldn't be the same if they had no one to go against.

I think you should have to have a certain score to make it to state if you are the only one in your category. Cause that isn't fair to some other squads. If Team A and B both have awesome routines and compete in Large, only one can win. But if Team C is below average and is the only one in their division, it wouldn't really be fair. And I'm not hinting to any certain teams, I just don't think ANYONE should get a free ride.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I know, thats why I wanted to know. I'd love for them to have some competition. (not saying I want them to lose) But it wouldn't be the same if they had no one to go against.

I think you should have to have a certain score to make it to state if you are the only one in your category. Cause that isn't fair to some other squads. If Team A and B both have awesome routines and compete in Large, only one can win. But if Team C is below average and is the only one in their division, it wouldn't really be fair. And I'm not hinting to any certain teams, I just don't think ANYONE should get a free ride.

I kind of agree with you. A bad team shouldn't get to go to state if they are the only one in their division because when they get there, they get embarrassed, people wonder how they got there, and it's embarrassing for the whole region. I didn't go to state last year, but I watched the tape, and I remember thinking that if SC had made it in small (though Pikeville was def the better team, not sayin' we should have won) they would have beat over half the teams because they weren't very good and I wondered how they even made it there.

I've also heard that the idea of having an "open" state competition has been brought up. In this set up, anyone could go, but teams would have to qualify for the finals just like they do at nationals. I think state would be more representative of the top 16 teams in the state this way. Like I said, SC was better than alot of the teams that competed in small at state last year, so if it was open, maybe they would have been there. I'm sure there were other teams around the state that were good and didn't make it out of their region, just like Magoffin Co. and Johnson Central last year. I thought they could have been competitive at state.
What do you think of Boyle co. and McCreary in the Co-ed division this year?
any word from the 14th region?
Pages: 1 2