Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Schiano to Michigan?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rutgers coach Schiano meets with Michigan AD about replacing Carr.I think it would be a good hire for Rugters!

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=...&type=lgns
I don't know if this is a good hire or not, but this is horrible news for Rutgers.
This would be a great move up for him. He has to take it if offered.
He won't go to Michigan, it is reported he has a Miles like buyout if Penn State comes calling. I do believe that at this point he should stay at Rutgers. He has built a good program there and could make it a top tier program with a few more good recruiting classes.
Looks like he is staying at Rutgers according to ESPN.
This could have been a great hire for michigan, with what little talent(no offense to rutgers) he worked with at Rutgers, he could load up the BIG BLUE and be very successful with them.
In my opinion Michigan is one of the top 5 coaching jobs in college football....so why is it that numerous coaches at lower level programs have turned it down?
ALLDAY Wrote:In my opinion Michigan is one of the top 5 coaching jobs in college football....so why is it that numerous coaches at lower level programs have turned it down?

Not enough $$$$$$$$.
He is staying...
Maybe they like the thought of building their own legacy and not riding the coat tails of someone else's.
launchpad4 Wrote:He won't go to Michigan, it is reported he has a Miles like buyout if Penn State comes calling. I do believe that at this point he should stay at Rutgers. He has built a good program there and could make it a top tier program with a few more good recruiting classes.

ding ding ding... the only job I think he'd ever leave Rutgers for is PSU....

It's all about the $$$ as well, Michigan is notirious for not paying top dollar for coaches....

Brian Kelly is in the "Tressel-mode" and could be a very good fit... I'm shocked Teford isn't getting more of a look, Cal has not met all his promises for facillities etc... and Ferentz looks like he may have peaked the Iowa program and might be looking for a fresh start....

Lloyd Carr seems to be on the Brady Hoke bandwagon, but I see Kelly getting offered the job (and accepting) before I see Hoke getting it...

Ron English (Defense Coordinator) is also a candidate, but the way that defense has played at times under his coaching I'd find to hard to believe they would hire him.... he is African American thought and you better believe the BCA wants him to get every chance for the job....

If you put a gun to my head and make me pick someone who I think will eventually get the job, it would be Brian Kelly, but still some ways to go...
Schiano turned the Wolverines down... Closed!