Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Alex legion considering returning?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I would really like to see another link to this. Wow, things could get interesting in before this is over.
This is ridiculous.

This is the same kind of Billy Donovan drama we had back in March, and we don't need it.
Legion is a young kid, and like all young kids he makes mistakes. I think he needs to do what is best for him, and not what his mom wants him to do.
Some how I knew this would happen. But like CE said, "we don't need this".
This kind of reminds me of when Joe Crawford wanted to transfer a couple of years ago. Something just seems strange about this whole situation.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:This kind of reminds me of when Joe Crawford wanted to transfer a couple of years ago. Something just seems strange about this whole situation.

Yeah this is a very odd situation. From what ive gathered it was mostly legions mom who pushed him to transfer. I read some articles that where talking about how vocal she was at the UNC game. some articles where stating that she personally contacted BCG to complain. In my mind this is just a huge distraction. Legion needs to make up his mind and do what is best for him and let both parties move on.
Read some of the things Annette Legion said.

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/

Some crazy stuff.
I hope the kid comes back. It's his mom that is doing all of this damage to him and embarrassing him. We welcomed Joe Crawford back, and I'd do the same for Legion.
blackcat_student Wrote:Read some of the things Annette Legion said.

Some crazy stuff.

She also said that "God told her to send legion to UK". I guess in Mrs. Legions mind god is contradictory and a liar. lol, the womans insane.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:She also said that "God told her to send legion to UK". I guess in Mrs. Legions mind god is contradictory and a liar. lol, the womans insane.
She needs some help.
blackcat_student Wrote:Read some of the things Annette Legion said.

Some crazy stuff.

Smile If you're referring to the 2nd blog entry on there I don't think she really said those things.
alfus21 Wrote:Smile If you're referring to the 2nd blog entry on there I don't think she really said those things.

What makes you think that?
blackcat_student Wrote:What makes you think that?

Well the fact that the title is called "God seeks to separate himself from the Legions" and has this has in it "“I never said that,” said God through a heaven-sent press release. “And this isn’t even an ‘it was taken out of context’ game of lip service I let people do from time to time to try and salvage their images; I mean I’ve literally never spoken to Ms. Legion in all my, well, eternity.”
From Jerry Tipton:

Freshman Alex Legion may bring new meaning to the basketball term crossover: A day after being granted permission to transfer, he might decide to return to Kentucky’s team.

“The last 24 hours they’ve been working on my son,” the player’s player, Annette Legion, said Tuesday night.

She likened her son’s second thoughts to someone not realizing what they have till it’s gone.

“It’s like a divorce,” Mrs. Legion said. “You don’t know how valuable that person is till you’re divorced. When you’re married, you couldn’t see it.”

The player’s mother said she heard from two people (one from their home state of Michigan) about the possibility of her son coming to an understanding with UK Coach Billy Gillispie. She had not heard directly from her son.

“I’m told Billy and he have worked out their differences,” Annette Legion said. “If that’s true, I will support him. I don’t have a problem if he goes back. He’s the one that’s doing the hardship. He’s the one doing the workouts.”

Quoting a source close to Legion, Seth Davis of CNNSI.com first wrote that the player was reconsidering the transfer.

On Monday night, UK announced that Legion would transfer. The announcement came hours after Gillispie spoke of trying to convince the player to stay.

“You always hate to lose a valued member of your program, and Alex was definitely that,” Gillispie said in the news release Monday night. “He has tremendous potential as a player and a student, but most importantly, he is a wonderful young man. We hate to see him leave, but if he can be happier elsewhere then all you can do is wish him the best.”

Legion had started twice and played in all six UK games. He averaged 6.7 points in 17-plus minutes per game.

In talking with reporters after his radio show, Gillispie noted that such mid-year transfers had never happened in his head coaching career.

“Hopefully it won’t happen now,” the UK coach added.

Whenever a player decides to transfer, speculation centers on playing time. Legion did not enter the game against North Carolina on Saturday until the 11:07 mark of the second half. That after fans chanted his name. Booes filled Rupp Arena when Gillispie took Legion out of the game 22 seconds later. But after giving him instruction, the UK coach returned Legion to the game at the 9:21 mark.

Legion played a season-low six minutes, and scored seven points against North Carolina.

His mother said playing time was not the problem. “It has nothing to do with basketball,” she said.

Very odd situation

http://ukbasketball.kentucky.com/
alfus21 Wrote:Well the fact that the title is called "God seeks to separate himself from the Legions" and has this has in it "“I never said that,” said God through a heaven-sent press release. “And this isn’t even an ‘it was taken out of context’ game of lip service I let people do from time to time to try and salvage their images; I mean I’ve literally never spoken to Ms. Legion in all my, well, eternity.”

Point Taken.
blackcat_student Wrote:Point Taken.

Smile It took me a while to figure it out so don't feel bad. When I saw that she called Billy G. a serpent I about lost it.
alfus21 Wrote:Smile It took me a while to figure it out so don't feel bad. When I saw that she called Billy G. a serpent I about lost it.

Cool
She is crazy. I hate when parents try to take over their child's life. You usually only see it in like middle school or high school, this is just pathetic. I wish the media would just leave her out of it.
UK insider Marc Maggard is reporting that his sources are telling him that Legion is indeed back on the team. Great news for all if it is true which it looks like it is according to what his mom said to Tipton in the Herald Leader.
Just some information some of you may not have known. Legion committed to Michigan then de-committed, then committed again, signed a letter of intent, then asked for a release. Then after that, he had his list down to UCLA, Kansas, Kentucky, UConn, & Michigan. The whole deal with Michigan was because Legions' Godfather, the principal from his high school in Michigan influenced Legion to go to Michigan. Alex's mom didn't like the guy, so she didn't want him going to Michigan because he influenced him. Then his mom told him he couldn't go to UCLA or UConn, I guess because it was too far away. He had to choose between Kentucky & Kansas. So I would say if he was to still leave he'd go to Kansas. But anyways, seems like shes always been a problem, and thats sad.
actually.. I got some of it mixed up

but anyhow... heres the article i read

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2007/apr/1...wednesday/
Good thing Kirk Herbstreit isn't reporting this, lol. He would have said his sources told him he is going to back to Michigan.
-STAT- Wrote:Good thing Kirk Herbstreit isn't reporting this, lol. He would have said his sources told him he is going to back to Michigan.

^^ :lmao:

I was thinking the same thing.

it's been a wild week in sports.
alfus21 Wrote:Smile It took me a while to figure it out so don't feel bad. When I saw that she called Billy G. a serpent I about lost it.

I visit that website frequently and it is pretty hilarious. If you guys were frequent visitors then you would have known from the start. You cats are awesome, Smile
I hope so! This is a player UK needs for there present and future team/teams!
Hopefully he opened up BILLY G's eyes also! Because HE DOES DESERVE TO PLAY IMO!
http://www.ckysports.com/The-Magazine/58.html

This site is confirming that Legion will remain at UK. UK has yet to release an official statement regarding the situation.
I hope he comes back becasue legion is a good player and we do need him in the furture...
So any updates on this story?
Pages: 1 2 3