Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Why is Michael Porter playing??????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way i did wondering why in the world kentucky has looked towards Porter as a big time contributor....Take his turnovers out of the mix and we would look alot smoother on the court....any thoughts?
Because he plays hard and makes better decisions at the point than either (Mr. 1 on 5) Bradley or Crawford. Both of whom do more to disrupt the UK offense than anybody else.
disrupt the offense???? thats a third of their offense when you add patterson...Crawford will score close to 30 a game if you play him, and bradley will score around 20, and then add patterson and thats pretty much all that scores....Porter is the worst division I guard ive seen all year, he had double-digit turnovers by himself in two games...I think that speaks for itself...
I think he does play hard even though he doesn't have the same talent as Bradley, Crawford, and Legion. He is still a good asset to the team.
Who else they going to play now, You have the two that left and the two that are hurt so its Porter or no one now. And if you didnt know Benson left last week as well.
well i was wrong about the turnovers, but he is still pretty terrible....if you play bradley at the point you dont have to play him, especially start him.....
bigE Wrote:well i was wrong about the turnovers, but he is still pretty terrible....if you play bradley at the point you dont have to play him, especially start him.....

Then who else is going to play? Meeks and Jasper are out, and Legion is gone. So who else would you play?
He has to play now. Like him or not fans have to rally around him and hope he can do his best. We have no other options now that Legion is gone.
alfus21 Wrote:He has to play now. Like him or not fans have to rally around him and hope he can do his best. We have no other options now that Legion is gone.

I agree, we as fans need to quit griping over our players, they need all the support they can get, and if we continue to boo then this team is going to keep getting worse and more players are going to want to transfer.
I think it is just really taking it's toll having Meeks and Jasper out. Coming into the season there was alot of depth at the Guard position, but just like that it is gone.
Pepper Wrote:I agree, we as fans need to quit griping over our players, they need all the support they can get, and if we continue to boo then this team is going to keep getting worse and more players are going to want to transfer.

Why would Tubby go all the way to California to get a player like Porter? ****, there's a lot of KY boys who do better than Porter. What a waste of time and money. Porter is a D-2 player at best.
UK does not have the skilled athletes in it program to be considered, at this point, a top tier Division 1 program. We are INCREDIBLY inadequate in the paint, other than Patterson.
Just think if Porter wasn't at UK playing basketball he would be at USC as a quarterback. Wonder what his thought process was being recruited by 2 of the most prestigious teams in their respective sports?
-STAT- Wrote:Just think if Porter wasn't at UK playing basketball he would be at USC as a quarterback. Wonder what his thought process was being recruited by 2 of the most prestigious teams in their respective sports?

He was recruited as a defensive back, not a quarterback.
I was for sure he was a quarterback and was being recruited by SC at that position. Guess I was wrong.

blackcat_student Wrote:He was recruited as a defensive back, not a quarterback.
-STAT- Wrote:I was for sure he was a quarterback and was being recruited by SC at that position. Guess I was wrong.

We all make mistakes, just not as bad as you do... Smile
Wow this must be bash on STAT day or something.

blackcat_student Wrote:We all make mistakes, just not as bad as you do... Smile
-STAT- Wrote:Wow this must be bash on STAT day or something.

Yeah, we had our own private disccussion... J/K with you buddy.
AMEN!
bigE Wrote:I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way i did wondering why in the world kentucky has looked towards Porter as a big time contributor....Take his turnovers out of the mix and we would look alot smoother on the court....any thoughts?

Porter is playing because he must practice hard and has no ego. Also all the other guards we have arent that much better...
Porter just seems to be a turnover waiting to happen when he brings the ball up the floor.
I think Porter is a good defensive player, and while he isnt much of an offensive threat he does get the team in offensive sets better than bradley. I agree tho that he does need to work on how well he handles pressure, we got to remember tho that he is just a sophomore.
bigE Wrote:disrupt the offense???? thats a third of their offense when you add patterson...Crawford will score close to 30 a game if you play him, and bradley will score around 20, and then add patterson and thats pretty much all that scores....Porter is the worst division I guard ive seen all year, he had double-digit turnovers by himself in two games...I think that speaks for itself...
The reason that they are that much of the offense is because they take every shot once the ball gets into their hands. How many time have you seen either of them take it one on five and throw up a bad shot?

A bunch.
****, if j.p. blevins was still here he'd average 30 minutes a game
mrfootball03 Wrote:****, if j.p. blevins was still here he'd average 30 minutes a game

Haha, no doubt!
GodisAshlandTomcat41 Wrote:Porter is playing because he must practice hard and has no ego. Also all the other guards we have arent that much better...

every good athlete has an ego to a certain extent...whether or not he has an ego is irreleant to the fact that he is not a D-1 point guard..
zonebuster23 Wrote:I think Porter is a good defensive player, and while he isnt much of an offensive threat he does get the team in offensive sets better than bradley. I agree tho that he does need to work on how well he handles pressure, we got to remember tho that he is just a sophomore.

well rajon rondo was pretty young, but could handle the ball....why??? because he was a D-1 athlete...point proven
FBALL Wrote:The reason that they are that much of the offense is because they take every shot once the ball gets into their hands. How many time have you seen either of them take it one on five and throw up a bad shot?

A bunch.

no one else on this team steps up to be a scorer, so you really can't knock them for that...
bigE Wrote:every good athlete has an ego to a certain extent...whether or not he has an ego is irreleant to the fact that he is not a D-1 point guard..

What I meant was I believe Bily G is trying to prove a point to Ramel Bradley, who in my opinion lets his ego get in the way of his game. But I agree Porter is not a D-1 Bball player....
bigE Wrote:no one else on this team steps up to be a scorer, so you really can't knock them for that...
Yes I can. Noone else on this team has a chance to when those two are forcing up bad shots. They play hard, I think they care, but they just don't get it.

On another note, Meeks and Jasper not being there is a killer to this team.
Pages: 1 2