Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Did the BCS Get It Right?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting, I seen a poll for this on ESPN.com, 70% said no and 30% said yes. So I figured I would start a poll on here.
they got the national championship right...but putting Kansas over Missouri made absolutely zero sense to me..I believe Missouri would have given Virginia Tech a much better game than the slaughter thats gonna take place with Kansas..but, as long as Georgia and LSU are in, and LSU in the big game, then Im fairly happy with it..
Nope Ohio state does not deserve to be in
TidesHoss32 Wrote:they got the national championship right...but putting Kansas over Missouri made absolutely zero sense to me..I believe Missouri would have given Virginia Tech a much better game than the slaughter thats gonna take place with Kansas..but, as long as Georgia and LSU are in, and LSU in the big game, then Im fairly happy with it..

Well Said, I agree with everything!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:they got the national championship right...but putting Kansas over Missouri made absolutely zero sense to me..I believe Missouri would have given Virginia Tech a much better game than the slaughter thats gonna take place with Kansas..but, as long as Georgia and LSU are in, and LSU in the big game, then Im fairly happy with it..

I agree with that. Kansas being in is a joke.
Ohio State doesn't deserve to be there. It's just sending a message that you can play powderpuff teams and get in because you have a big name.
I don't think its possible for 'man' to pick the two best.

The two best should be able to prove.

Screw the BCS. We want playoffs!!!
It was 70 - 30 as reported in an earlier post....

48 states said it was wrong.

2 said it was right. Anyone want to guess what 2 states said that??

Nuff said.

(polls show about 9 in 10 college students support it, and 4 in 5 fans want it... so GET RID OF IT!!!)
I Hate It
The BCS never gets it right. But you got staunch supporters of it, Herbstriet, Stoops, The Big Ten Commish amongs other, who say the alternative play-off system would not be as good. WHATEVER!
Although there are some good games, I still think that there should be a four team playoff system for the National Championship.
Pepper Wrote:Although there are some good games, I still think that there should be a four team playoff system for the National Championship.

Agree
It was when I voted last night, things must have changed when more people voted.

ronald_reagan Wrote:It was 70 - 30 as reported in an earlier post....

48 states said it was wrong.

2 said it was right. Anyone want to guess what 2 states said that??

Nuff said.

(polls show about 9 in 10 college students support it, and 4 in 5 fans want it... so GET RID OF IT!!!)
National Title Game
Kentucky Vs Florida
RavenBoy Wrote:National Title Game
Kentucky Vs Florida
:thumpsup:
It might be crazy but that was a good game, I was shocked.
RavenBoy Wrote:It might be crazy but that was a good game, I was shocked.
It was a very exciting game to watch, and I was fortunate enough to be able to witness it.
I Was in lexington at the time but I wasent gonna pay $200 for upper level seats.

I can agree with that assessment. If Missouri didn't have to play the conference championship like Ohio sate they would be playing for National Title. I think they got burnt bad. They proved they could beat Kansas.. Go from 1 to out the BCS. Time for a playoff.
They will get it right when they go to a playoff. Until then its still just a popularity contest.
Uhh...

I voted yes because I assumed the question was just about the BCS championship game, not the entire slate of BCS games. The BCS was really just set up to get the top two teams in the title game, after that the other bowls are on their own to choose whoever they want, within certain parameters.

Now, do I think the other BCS bowls made the correct choices? Absolutely not. Missouri should be in the Orange Bowl instead of Kansas. KU has no freakin' business being in a BCS bowl at all. They beat no one of consequence all year, and lost the only game they played against a good team. To me, selecting them for a BCS bowl is actually rewarding them for scheduling such a pathetic slate of nonconference games. They should be knocked all the way down to the KFC Bowl for being too chicken to play anyone this year. I hope Virginia Tech torches them by 40 and exposes them as a fraud.

Also, while I understand the Rose Bowl wanting a Big Ten team, Illinois also does not belong in a BCS bowl. They could have selected another team to face USC and had a more attractive game, such as Georgia or West Virginia. Again, hopefully the Trojans spank them and show the stuffed shirts at the Rose Bowl that making the best game should be the primary concern, not preserving some stupid tradition of inviting teams from two particular conferences.

Agreed
To all those who are sayin Kansas gettin in is a joke, just think back to last year when most people thought Boise State gettin in was a joke, look what they did. They gave one of the greatest bowl games ever. Don't under estimate this Kansas team. They have worked extremely hard to get where they are and I wouldn't be on bit suprised if they win.
Redneck Wrote:To all those who are sayin Kansas gettin in is a joke, just think back to last year when most people thought Boise State gettin in was a joke, look what they did. They gave one of the greatest bowl games ever. Don't under estimate this Kansas team. They have worked extremely hard to get where they are and I wouldn't be on bit suprised if they win.
Bro I hope your right..I'd love to see them wax Tech..I hate Tech..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Bro I hope your right..I'd love to see them wax Tech..I hate Tech..

I hope I'm right too cause me and dad already made our picks for all the bowl games at $5 a game and I picked Kansas to win, lol.
Redneck Wrote:I hope I'm right too cause me and dad already made our picks for all the bowl games at $5 a game and I picked Kansas to win, lol.
lol..I'd just like those thugs get a boot in their @$$..:thumpsup:
I really wish Kansas wasn't playin Va Tech. I don't like Va Tech either don't get me wrong, but after the shootin last spring I think the community and school deserve a big victory like this.
i know that hawaii was not even considered on the national championship because of there scheldule but they are the only team all year that didnt choke to a should be win both lsu and ohio stae did, usc lost to stanford, oklahoma lost, west virginia got beat by southern florida, florida got beat 3 times and michigan, the favorite preseason team was beat by appalacha state, give them a shot