Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BCS Title Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who gets in the BCS National Title game?

GO UGA!!!
Looks like Ohio State and Georgia/LSU. I hope they take Georgia for the sheer fact of the BCS blowup just to drive people crazy, but I think LSU will go in the end.
as long as the SEC has a team in it, then Im the happiest college football fan on earth, lol..
I just don't see how UGA can get in. They didn't even make it to the SEC championship. LSU ain't gonna get it with 3 losses even though they did win the SEC. I don't see Kansas gettin it, they didn't even make it to the Big 12 Championship. Hawaii won't get in cause of the weak schedule, they MIGHT get in a BCS bowl game. I would love to see UGA or LSU get in just to prove how much better the SEC is than the Big 10.
And this is another PRIME example as to why the BCS needs to go. It's hard tellin who will get in now. More than one team is gonna get the shaft.
Redneck Wrote:And this is another PRIME example as to why the BCS needs to go. It's hard tellin who will get in now. More than one team is gonna get the shaft.

BCS will NEVER go.
OHIO State!!!!!!!!!!! and they should play Hawaii
ComfortEagle Wrote:BCS will NEVER go.

I know, UNFORTUNATELY...
Redneck Wrote:I just don't see how UGA can get in. They didn't even make it to the SEC championship. LSU ain't gonna get it with 3 losses even though they did win the SEC. I don't see Kansas gettin it, they didn't even make it to the Big 12 Championship. Hawaii won't get in cause of the weak schedule, they MIGHT get in a BCS bowl game. I would love to see UGA or LSU get in just to prove how much better the SEC is than the Big 10.

LSU only has 2 losses. But I do agree that this shows why a form of playoff is needed, even if it is just a +1 model.
BFritz Wrote:OHIO State!!!!!!!!!!! and they should play Hawaii
:confused: Smile I don't know if that was Sarcasm or not.
Tomcat68 Wrote:LSU only has 2 losses. But I do agree that this shows why a form of playoff is needed, even if it is just a +1 model.

I don't know what I was thinkin, lol, my bad.
Ohio State vs. LSU
Redneck Wrote:I know, UNFORTUNATELY...

They make too much money the way it is now.
I want to see Georgia in it, but if they don't get in it, it will be LSU... IMO.
Too much money in the BOwl Games to even think about letting them go, but my proposal is that they have a playoff and each playoff game be a bowl game.
I am sure Ohio State will get in so that yet another SEC school can wax them! LSU-OSU!
I'm not sayin get rid of the bowl games, just get rid of the BCS system. We already had bowl games before this BCS came around. They didn't invent the Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Sugar Bowl or any of the other bowl games. Money is not gonna be lost if they do away with the BCS system. How many teams have gotten screwed since the start of the BCS? Who's gonna get screwed this year? They are gonna have to come up with some kinda playoff or go to the coaches pole to decide the championship and other bowl games.
It will be an SEC team showing a Big 10 school just how weak they really are. I'm really tired of seeing the Big 10 in every BCS championship game and getting the crap beat out of them. I say put 2 SEC schools in the championship and let them go at it. LSU and UGA would be a great game to watch.
I vote for Georgia vs Kansas.
[COLOR="Red"]Ohio State
LSU[/COLOR]
Just as long as a SEC team makes it, I'm fine. Hopefully either UGA or LSU.
Redneck Wrote:I'm not sayin get rid of the bowl games, just get rid of the BCS system. We already had bowl games before this BCS came around. They didn't invent the Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Sugar Bowl or any of the other bowl games. Money is not gonna be lost if they do away with the BCS system. How many teams have gotten screwed since the start of the BCS? Who's gonna get screwed this year? They are gonna have to come up with some kinda playoff or go to the coaches pole to decide the championship and other bowl games.

Coach's poll will still screw people because there could be three or four+ quality teams.

Playoffs are the only solution.

I stick with my idea about each playoff game being a bowl game, but then the large sums of money from each bowl stays in the same schools instead of being spread to a few different schools. That's the only flaw I see, which might be remedied by splitting the money with a portion going to the winner and portion to the loser.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Just as long as a SEC team makes it, I'm fine. Hopefully either UGA or LSU.

It will be LSU
FBALL Wrote:I vote for Georgia vs Kansas.

I think you are joking about Kansas(?) :confused:

If the Jayhawks even sniff the national title game, then a lot of people have been inhaling paint fumes.
I think it will be LSU and Ohio State...