Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pitt 13 (2)West Virginia 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final...
final
WVU blew it and now ohio state get the championship bid
Holy ****!

Missouri is down by two touchdowns to Oklahoma... So the BCS Championship could be between Ohio State and Georgia.

OMG!
if they put ohio st in it i hope the bull dogs get in so they can pound that cupcake team
Wow, Congrats Pitt. Ohio St is deff in and Ok leading of Mizz. 28-17 in the 4th. If OK wins that means Mizz, I would love to see UGA in the National Title game!!!!
No Georgia wont get it...I think it's between Kansas, Va Tech, and LSU.
Cards09 Wrote:if they put ohio st in it i hope the bull dogs get in so they can pound that cupcake team

:thatsfunn Go Bulldogs!!!
vundy33 Wrote:No Georgia wont get it...I think it's between Kansas, Va Tech, and LSU.

Why wouldn't Georgia get in, they are 4th in the BCS, followed by Kansas, Va Tech, and LSU.
They are not the SEC champions...not even in the game. I just don't think it will happen.
I can't believe Georgia gonna be in the championship game and can't even win SEC
My thoughts on this game (WV/Pitt)... Pat White is a pansy. Sat out half the game with a dislocated thumb on his non throwin hand. I know some are gonna have somethin to say about that but that's my opinion. I dislocated fingers in my playin days and sat out one play to get it popped back in and taped. Brohm played with a broke thumb on his throwin hand, why couldn't White play with a dislocation (which was popped back in place) on his NON-THROWIN hand??? Rich Rodriguez got outcoached by the veteran plain and simple. While White was out he didn't even run the ball with Slaton, what is up with that... But you guys are right, WVU BLEW IT.
Its not gonna matter, Georgia OR LSU will pound the daylights out of Ohio State. Just like the SEC does every year..
Gonna be LSU...Oklahoma has a better chance than Georgia...lol I don't have clue as to why you guys think Georgia will be in the championship game.
WOW, what a shocker. WVU just blew it. Now it looks likw LSU and Ohio St goin to the BCS bowl
Agree TidesHoss32. I am hoping for LSU! Any S.E.C. school or as a matter of fact, the top 4 SEC schools is the top 4 teams in the country! Way to blow it WV, LOL! And I totally agree with you as well Redneck! Sure looked like he wanted to win huh, dislocation...what a joke!
vundy33 Wrote:Gonna be LSU...Oklahoma has a better chance than Georgia...lol I don't have clue as to why you guys think Georgia will be in the championship game.

There is a thread on the National Championship. This thread is about the Pitt/WVU game.
I spent most of the year telling everybody how awesome Pat White was, lol..then he does this. Dislocates a finger on his non throwing hand and sits out of a close game with the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP on the line!!!! Ive played a game with a dislocated finger, and I dislocated my shoulder against Whitesburg my junior year, had it popped back into place, and finished both games... And I can remember PB5 playing against Fleming Neon with a freakin broken ankle. Pat White is a *****.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I spent most of the year telling everybody how awesome Pat White was, lol..then he does this. Dislocates a finger on his non throwing hand and sits out of a close game with the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP on the line!!!! Ive played a game with a dislocated finger, and I dislocated my shoulder against Whitesburg my junior year, had it popped back into place, and finished both games... And I can remember PB5 playing against Fleming Neon with a freakin broken ankle. Pat White is a *****.

Thank You... Glad to see someone agrees. I know a couple others on this site who have played with dislocations, bad sprains etc. when nothin was on the line, lol, **** with a national championship on the line I'da played with a broke leg if i was able to run. Tim Tebow played his senior year of high school with a fractured tibia. Pat White is a disappointment and so is Rodriguez. It's just as much his fault they lost. Slaton didn't RUN the ball one time when White was outta the game. You don't make those bad coachin decisions when you get paid that much, lol. They may run him outta town now. I doubt it though, they will use the excuse of Pat White bein hurt is why they lost. Pityful.
Rediculous. Pat White is a pansy. How can you not play with the championship on the line. It would be different if it was your throwing hand, but for goodness sakes it wasn't. Wuss
Redneck Wrote:My thoughts on this game (WV/Pitt)... Pat White is a pansy. Sat out half the game with a dislocated thumb on his non throwin hand. I know some are gonna have somethin to say about that but that's my opinion. I dislocated fingers in my playin days and sat out one play to get it popped back in and taped. Brohm played with a broke thumb on his throwin hand, why couldn't White play with a dislocation (which was popped back in place) on his NON-THROWIN hand??? Rich Rodriguez got outcoached by the veteran plain and simple. While White was out he didn't even run the ball with Slaton, what is up with that... But you guys are right, WVU BLEW IT.

Pat White should have sucked it up. I agree totally with you.
According to the announcers the training staff would not let him play because he could not grip the ball at all with his right hand. If he can't grip he can't take a snap out of the shotgun and handle it at all.

Say what you want about Pat White but it was not his decision to set out.

I would take him on my team any day of the week. A three year starter with tons of speed.

I am sure there have been many of you that have played with dislocated fingers and such but if you can't handle the snap you are more of a liability to your team that an asset.

Why did they not run the guts out of Slaton and Devine?
Midee1 Wrote:According to the announcers the training staff would not let him play because he could not grip the ball at all with his right hand. If he can't grip he can't take a snap out of the shotgun and handle it at all.

I would take him on my team any day of the week. A three year starter with tons of speed.

I am sure there have been many of you that have played with dislocated fingers and such but if you can't handle the snap you are more of a liability to your team that an asset.

True. And a very good point. And, even though he had a dislocated finger on his non throwing hand, I'd still take him over the worst quarterback in the country, playing right there in Tuscaloosa, John Parker Wilson. ****, he could have TEN dislocated fingers and still be better than Wilson. But I dont understand Rodriguez not running Slaton at all...Redneck's right though, Rodriguez got outcoached. Even without White, they have a better team than Pitt...
TidesHoss32 Wrote:True. And a very good point. And, even though he had a dislocated finger on his non throwing hand, I'd still take him over the worst quarterback in the country, playing right there in Tuscaloosa, John Parker Wilson. ****, he could have TEN dislocated fingers and still be better than Wilson. But I dont understand Rodriguez not running Slaton at all...Redneck's right though, Rodriguez got outcoached. Even without White, they have a better team than Pitt...

I will agree with that 100%. Run Devine and Slaton to death. All the back up QB had to do was hand off. They have so much team speed it's scary but for some reason they didn't use it.
Midee1 Wrote:According to the announcers the training staff would not let him play because he could not grip the ball at all with his right hand. If he can't grip he can't take a snap out of the shotgun and handle it at all.

I believe that the trainers wouldn't let him play because college trainers are too cautious, been there done that. But I don't buy for one minute that he couldn't handle the snap. He only mishandled one when he came back in. I know better than that. I was a TE/WR and caught balls with no problem after dislocations. I played my Senior year with a broke middle knuckle on my right hand, and it's still broke. I'd take him over alot of QB's too, I was upset, thought he was bein a big wuss, didn't know it was the trainers who kept him from playin. I still don't understand that, they let Slaton play last year with a broke hand knowin that he was gonna have to have surgery after the season. If this is true then I bet them trainers get run outta town, lol.
I thought West Virginia was over ranked. They were in a weak conference.